✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Worst Coldplay Songs Ever!

Sheikwonder

Guest diogo_sg
Jesus... There's so many negative comments on Rihanna in POC. If you didn't know it was Rihanna singing in it, then all of you wouldn't be saying this. She doesn't make the song bad. She is a great vocalist (There are reasons on why people become famous) If Rihanna or some other pop star that aren't as bad as they seem was on Viva La Vida, then all of you would despise it. The only reason I dislike POC is because its overproduced and Chris' vocals could have been better. But, Rihanna was outstanding in POC and fit the theme perfectly.

I like the production though. If the song had been done differently, it wouldn't have been as cool as it is. I like every Coldplay song just the way it is.

"I live to see the world"

Guest diogo_sg
It did get some airplay though.

Really?! I haven't heard it once on the radio, unfortunately [emoji22]

Guest diogo_sg
I actually heard it on a Dutch radio station the day it happened. Then never again...

[emoji1] You heard it once, at least! That's great!

Guest diogo_sg
I heard it two or three times on the radio, at a time at which I didn't even know what Coldplay was (and I technically knew Rihanna, but didn't recognize her or something). So I was completely unbiased at the time, and I have to say I liked it !

You didn't know Coldplay when Midnight was released?

I think you might want to read the latest posts again [emoji4]

Guest diogo_sg
I was talking about Princess of China (hence my comment on Rihanna), not Midnight. And yeah, it's not that long since I know them ! End of 2011/beginning of 2012 it was.

Oh, my bad!

You're a "new" fan then!! I thought you were an "old" fan tbh!

Guest diogo_sg
As for Midnight, I think it's not a good song by Coldplay's standards, but still a very good electronic song (not my genre at all, but I really sometimes do listen to Midnight)

I like it alot, honestly. And I'm not a fan of that genre!!

I honestly think that Midnight it's one of their best songs ever (and I can be considered an "oldplayer" if we can call it that way).

It's their very first song that can be tagged as IDM, that is a sophisticated either mysteriously captivating genre. They always have embraced various kinds of music, especially some very refined currents (first example that comes to my mind is "Chinese Sleep Chant" that has a very shoegaze-y feeling, or something like "Easy To Please" that with the background vocals of people passing on the road reminds of 90s alt rock). When they get out of their pop rock "little bubble" they quite often release their best songs (except for ASFOS ahahah ).

Guest diogo_sg
I am a comparatively new fan, but I love their oldest stuff the most :)

Since when do you knwo Coldplay ?

I know them since the VLV era, but I've become a fan with Atlas. I also love the old stuff and not just the hits. I'm a fan of Bigger Stronger, Spies, Only Superstition and many others [emoji6]

Guest diogo_sg
I honestly think that Midnight it's one of their best songs ever (and I can be considered an "oldplayer" if we can call it that way).

It's their very first song that can be tagged as IDM, that is a sophisticated either mysteriously captivating genre. They always have embraced various kinds of music, especially some very refined currents (first example that comes to my mind is "Chinese Sleep Chant" that has a very shoegaze-y feeling, or something like "Easy To Please" that with the background vocals of people passing on the road reminds of 90s alt rock). When they get out of their pop rock "little bubble" they quite often release their best songs (except for ASFOS ahahah ).

I agree with most of what you said there. Except with the ASFOS part, cause I love that song too [emoji6]

I really hate ASFOS. Even though with all the mainstream sh*t that my ears are besieged with through radio, I actually think it's the smaller evil when ASFOS is being played on the radio. At least it contains Chris's voice.

EDIT: Yeeeah, more than 1000 posts !

Can I join in?

Not hating it per se, but it's like "oh it's playing this? I'll just skip it"

- High Speed. The song is quite bland IMO

- Another's Arms. The song is kinda annoying to me, especially the 'toooomp' part

- A Whisper. The guitar is repetitive in an annoying way

On the contrary, I love ASFOS. Sure it's not really a Coldplay song, but I like the mish mash of the underlying instruments that are overshadowed by the EDM sounds. Makes me crave for a stripped down version without the EDM thingies.

• Like 1

Really?! I haven't heard it once on the radio, unfortunately [emoji22]

When I say "some airplay" I don't mean it was like a massive hit or anything. There was just this natural interest since Coldplay hadn't put anything out in a while. So it was played a couple of times with comments like "listen to this very different new song from Coldplay" or something. But that's still pretty good for such an anti radio friendly song.

In a way I feel like Midnight was a gift for the fans. I know not everyone considered it that way. But I think Coldplay wanted to share something new, cool and not mainstream before all the singles flooded the ether - I hope they will repeat that some day.

I remember being completely blown away by Midnight, it being the first thing we heard off GS. I liked that feeling. :D

[smoke is rising from the houses]

Guest diogo_sg
When I say "some airplay" I don't mean it was like a massive hit or anything. There was just this natural interest since Coldplay hadn't put anything out in a while. So it was played a couple of times with comments like "listen to this very different new song from Coldplay" or something. But that's still pretty good for such an anti radio friendly song.

I agree

In a way I feel like Midnight was a gift for the fans. I know not everyone considered it that way. But I think Coldplay wanted to share something new, cool and not mainstream before all the singles flooded the ether - I hope they will repeat that some day.

I hope so too [emoji6] I hope AHFOD has some experimental songs too