✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Worst Coldplay Songs Ever!

Sheikwonder

Guest diogo_sg
Going back to the whole "A Whisper" thing. I actually quite enjoy that song. And live it sounds SUBLIME! Am I the only one that actually likes "A Whisper"?

You're not the only one.

I love it too. I do find it a bit repetitive, but I think that's what makes it unique tbh.

"I hear the sound of ticking clocks"

"I live to see the world"

You're not the only one.

I love it too. I do find it a bit repetitive, but I think that's what makes it unique tbh.

"I hear the sound of ticking clocks"

YES! That's what I was thinking. It's repetitive, but I don't mind it. Besides, it's not as repetitive and weird as ASFOS... XD

Guest diogo_sg
YES! That's what I was thinking. It's repetitive, but I don't mind it. Besides, it's not as repetitive and weird as ASFOS... XD

I love ASFOS too!!

It's not "real Coldplay", that's for sure, but it has a... "Coldplay feeling", if you know what I mean

Going back to the whole "A Whisper" thing. I actually quite enjoy that song. And live it sounds SUBLIME! Am I the only one that actually likes "A Whisper"?

I love a whisper! Good old alt rock by the boys! [emoji7][emoji106]

Am I the only one thinking that Ghost Story could have been a AROBTTH era song?

It does sound like AROBTTH style song. It's certainly the best song they've made in a long time. [emoji2]

Guest diogo_sg
It does sound like AROBTTH style song. It's certainly the best song they've made in a long time. [emoji2]

Yeah, you're right [emoji6]

I like A Whisper too. Don't know why everyone always tramples on A Whisper and Daylight. All right, they're not the greatest songs ever, but they fit extremely well into the atmosphere of AROBTTH, and btw out of the two I like A Whisper better than Daylight. The repetitive guitar sounds kinda angry there and I like it.

Concerning overall sound and song structure, Ghost Story could be from Parachutes or AROBTTH, if it weren't for the obvious difference in Chris's voice, which is imho somewhat scratchy nowadays and tbh sometimes irritates me a little bit :( Nonetheless I love that songs !

Guest diogo_sg
I like A Whisper too. Don't know why everyone always tramples on A Whisper and Daylight. All right, they're not the greatest songs ever, but they fit extremely well into the atmosphere of AROBTTH, and btw out of the two I like A Whisper better than Daylight. The repetitive guitar sounds kinda angry there and I like it.

I couldn't agree more!

Guest diogo_sg
Concerning overall sound and song structure, Ghost Story could be from Parachutes or AROBTTH, if it weren't for the obvious difference in Chris's voice, which is imho somewhat scratchy nowadays and tbh sometimes irritates me a little bit :( Nonetheless I love that songs !

Yeah, his voice has changed alot throughout the years. Still, it's so perfect!!

Guest diogo_sg
All songs on AROBTTH are perfect. Boom! [emoji14]

Seriously though, it's the only album that doesn't have a single weak spot for me. It will always stand out as a masterpiece.

[smoke is rising from the houses]

Though I love AROBTTH, my top album is VLVODAAHF. This is a perfect album imho.

Guest diogo_sg
VLV in my opinion, is the band's best work. Incredible album, so unique. [emoji7][emoji106]

Absolutely!! I wish they make another Viva in the future (in terms of innovation, not sound, because masterpieces shan't be reworked)

Guest diogo_sg
I'd love to hear another X&Y or AROBTTH, but yeah, won't happen... :(

Nobody knows...

What we could hope for one day, though, (I'd say in the farther future, such as for example in twenty or thirty years) would be hearing unreleased recordings. I believe this has happened for some older bands from decades ago. I know the guys don't like revisiting old stuff, but I think there is a whole treasure of songs which were at least halfway recorded (or entirely recorded - they scrapped nearly all songs of the first version of X&Y, but these files must exist somewhere) and which will either officially be freed one day, or will be leaked by someone. Tbh I don't care which way it happens, all I know is that a lot of us would long to hear this stuff..