Worst Coldplay Songs Ever!

Sheikwonder

List of 'worst' songs

X Marks The Spot

Army Of One

Up In Flames

Another's Arms

Til Kingdom Come

Hymn For The Weekend (only studio version is crap)

Fun

Up&Up (Radio Edit)

AOAL (Radio Edit)

ASFOS (Radio Edit)

ALL THE FUCKING RADIO EDITS :angry:

The Clocks and Talk radio edits were OK imo, though I agree with a lot that you mentioned.

Although I don't exactly "hate" Major Minus, I loathe the production of the song- it sounds so plastic/cheap compared to the live version

:cry:

You're probably like the happiest person on here :D, that's why you don't like those tunes.

Lemme guess: your favorite album is AHFOD...

Nope X&Y is my favorite, with AROBTTH being a very, very close second. Just don't care for those two songs because they don't sound well to me, and those are both on my favorite albums which is saying something. I do love AHFOD too, love all their albums for what they are and try not to compare.

Nope X&Y is my favorite, with AROBTTH being a very, very close second. Just don't care for those two songs because they don't sound well to me, and those are both on my favorite albums which is saying something. I do love AHFOD too, love all their albums for what they are and try not to compare.

i hate a whisper too i just don't get it. there were much better B sides that should have made it to the album in place of this song

• Like 1

X Marks The Spot. What a terrible song. Sure, props to the band for trying to experiment, yadda yadda yadda. But I'm getting the feeling that they're missing the mark. Lets see... X Marks The Spot kills the flow of the album, makes little thematic sense in relation to the rest of the album, has lyrics that a 4 year old could've written, and has the most "generic" pop sound of any Coldplay song. The last time I actually listened to that detestable song was back in December. I fiddled with iTunes so that once Army of One ends, it skips directly to Amazing Day.

I think Up In Flames is pretty bad, too. The lyrics are nothing special. I don't like the production. Up In Flames is the one Coldplay song where I can't stand Will's contribution; the broken clock/drum pad is annoying and unnecessary. Everglow is another take on the sound that they were trying to achieve, and in my opinion it is a huge improvement.

Up&Up (Radio Edit)

AOAL (Radio Edit)

ASFOS (Radio Edit)

ALL THE FUCKING RADIO EDITS :angry:

38921-Tris-Not-So-Good-Ambiguous-Terrible-Plan-Insurgent-Chapter-40.gif

• Like 3

X Marks The Spot. What a terrible song. Sure, props to the band for trying to experiment, yadda yadda yadda. But I'm getting the feeling that they're missing the mark. Lets see... X Marks The Spot kills the flow of the album, makes little thematic sense in relation to the rest of the album, has lyrics that a 4 year old could've written, and has the most "generic" pop sound of any Coldplay song. The last time I actually listened to that detestable song was back in December. I fiddled with iTunes so that once Army of One ends, it skips directly to Amazing Day.

I agree, they could have as well have released it as a B-Side or something.

• Like 1

Seriously, the part where Chris starts singing "Tell me you love me..."... Horrible!

Funny, this is for me one of the most outstanding lines in Coldplay discography. And i say that as a person who does not like the sound of True Love at all.

• Like 2

I don't hate Coldplay songs, but I do notice I skip GPASUYF whenever it comes on my iPod. And I only like the live version of Everything's Not Lost, not the recorded version

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have to say I hate Violet Hill... always skip it when I listen to VLVADAAHF.

Also I don't understand why so many people hate Up in Flames, in my opinion is one of their most beautiful songs... it really moves me.

(Think I must be the only person in the world who hates Violet Hill but loves Up in Flames, please don't hate me guys :laugh4:)

I have to say I hate Violet Hill... always skip it when I listen to VLVADAAHF.

Also I don't understand why so many people hate Up in Flames, in my opinion is one of their most beautiful songs... it really moves me.

(Think I must be the only person in the world who hates Violet Hill but loves Up in Flames, please don't hate me guys :laugh4:)

You are definitely a rarity. I don't think I've ever encountered someone who prefers Up in Flames to Violet Hill. Most people here won't even mention them in the same post. :tongue:

• Like 3

I agree, they could have as well have released it as a B-Side or something.

Yeah, X Marks the Spot has to be the worst. It's probably the only one I really hate.

• Like 1

Well I shouldn't have said that... I should have keep it as a secret... now all of you may think I'm crazy or something like that lol

Lol you're okay... There are some people on the other hand that don't like Paradise :|

I suppose they like Hell then.

• Like 2

Well I shouldn't have said that... I should have keep it as a secret... now all of you may think I'm crazy or something like that lol

Don't worry ! I did not like Violet Hill very much at first too. Still not one of my absolute favorites !

• 2 weeks later...

I think Up In Flames is pretty bad, too. The lyrics are nothing special. I don't like the production. Up In Flames is the one Coldplay song where I can't stand Will's contribution; the broken clock/drum pad is annoying and unnecessary. Everglow is another take on the sound that they were trying to achieve, and in my opinion it is a huge improvement.

I really liked x marks the spot. It's different but in a cool way. I do agree with you about those darn radio edits. The originals are always better. They cut off the believe in love on the up&up radio edit. That is just not ok.[/Quote]

• Like 1