✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Worst Coldplay Songs Ever!

Sheikwonder

Guest diogo_sg
Coldplay's general dislike for X&Y actually pisses me off. They've been too harsh on it...

That's true. They only play Fix You live nowadays, which is fine bc I love FY, but I'd love to hear Talk, Swallowed in the Sea, X&Y, etc, live too!!

"I live to see the world"

That's true. They only play Fix You live nowadays, which is fine bc I love FY, but I'd love to hear Talk, Swallowed in the Sea, X&Y, etc, live too!!

I would be in utter disbelief if they ever played the songs you mentioned or some of my favourites: Square One, White Shadows or Low again.

Instead they'll be doing One Direction covers which is.....fine.

Right?

[emoji53]

Guest diogo_sg
I would be in utter disbelief if they ever played the songs you mentioned or some of my favourites: Square One, White Shadows or Low again.

Instead they'll be doing One Direction covers which is.....fine.

Right?

[emoji53]

Maybe one day they'll play them again... maybe one day...

I hope they never do a cover of 1D again!!

Guest diogo_sg
They've done a snippet of Best Song Ever and some other 1D songs on multiple occasions iirc. I really don't wanna look for that shit on YouTube. View at your own risk ;)

I won't dare to do so. I rather stick with Coldplay playing Coldplay songs. For the sake of mankind, that's all they should do [emoji4]

Ok, maybe they can play some songs from other GOOD bands [emoji6]

Guest diogo_sg
"All you ever wanted was love,

But you never looked hard enough,

It's never gonna give itself up...."

Goodmorning folks,hope no one is feeling low today...

Epic!! I read that like Chris sings it!! [emoji38]

Good morning (come bursting the clouds, amen) [emoji4]

I don't like ASFOS because it's just not Coldplay.

However, it IS a guilty pleasure to me, because it's not that bad as an EDM song. It works just fine as that, but not as a Coldplay song.

I also dislike Miracles (well, the instrumentation in the first half). The second half is classic Coldplay (in an way) but it's kinda flat.

I also don't like the drum beat on Up In Flames.

That's it, as far as my least favourites go.

Thanks forposting the lines from Low, I also read it the way it was sung in my mind :)

Here's something cool from White Shadows:

Maybe you get what you wanted

Maybe you stumble upon it

Everything you ever wanted

In a permanent state

Maybe you'll know when you see it

Maybe if you say it, you'll mean it

And when you find it you keep it

In a permanent state, a permanent state

As for SprayCanSoulGuys comment on ASFOS, this is similar for me with Midnight: Midnight is imho not a good song by Coldplay's standards, but a very good electronic song in general ! And even thoguh this is not at all my genre, I can't help liking it.

and i believe people are being too hard on Princess of China. I don't like Rihanna, but just because she is in it doesn't make it a bad song. Again, this is not a great song by Coldplay's standards but this synth melody at the beginning and throughout as well as the drum beat make it a good pop song imho !

• Like 1

Guest diogo_sg
They like Fix You and Til Kingdom Come but they collectively dislike Speed of Sound, Guy doesn't like Talk, and Jonny and Guy don't like The Hardest Part...

Again: Why?!?! Those songs are superb imo!!

It almost feels like I've known everyone here forever... Seeing you guys "TALK" about Coldplay with such gusto gives me great joy...

To spice things up a little,I suggest anything we want to comment on from here on must include a title from a Coldplay song highlighted in CAPITAL letter,like I just did in the first paragraph of this post.

I hope this catches on with all the lovely folks here....

Guest diogo_sg

THINGS I DON'T UNDERSTAND

How can Coldplay dislike songs like Talk and The Hardest Part?!

Talk is so dark and different from everything they've done!

The Hardest Part is one of their sweetest songs since Parachutes imho.

This being said, how come they hate these two gems?!

I can't understand either why Coldplay have such a negative view of X&Y. It may have something to do with the outside pressure that was put on them during recording rather than the songs themselves. Remember EMI was not doing well and their only big hope was Coldplay's third studio album, and hw EMI stocks dropped when Coldplay announced a delay ?

And by the way, who knows, maybe there is another "The Fir Trees" (or whatever they be called) album circulating right now and we just don't know it :D Or nothing is out yet and it's ONLY SUPERSTITION ;)

Guest diogo_sg
I can't understand either why Coldplay have such a negative view of X&Y. It may have something to do with the outside pressure that was put on them during recording rather than the songs themselves. Remember EMI was not doing well and their only big hope was Coldplay's third studio album, and hw EMI stocks dropped when Coldplay announced a delay ?

And by the way, who knows, maybe there is another "The Fir Trees" (or whatever they be called) album circulating right now and we just don't know it :D Or nothing is out yet and it's ONLY SUPERSTITION ;)

Haha! Why did Coldplay do that to X&Y?!

Why call it The Fir Trees?! I just found out about that now!! What's going on?!

One thing I know for sure that made Coldplay feel somewhat LOW was the fact that Phil was not around. Plus they went through a ridiculous amount of songs that were written and rewritten over and over like Talk. They scrapped several albums worth of songs and consider it the most difficult Coldplay album ti record

Guest diogo_sg
Has anybody done a thread about the good ones? Cause I found one today that blew my mind!

There is probably one. I can't find it tho

Which song was it?! [emoji1]

@spraycan: yeah,i have seen it somewhere,though THE HARDEST PART is finding out where it is...

I think that earlier comment about 'external pressure' makes sense as regards their dislike towards songs from X&Y.

However I want to ask,are there any stories behind X&Y,AMSTERDAM & 42? Because the lyrics of those songs are not cognate with their titles...

Guest diogo_sg
@spraycan: yeah,i have seen it somewhere,though THE HARDEST PART is finding out where it is...

I think that earlier comment about 'external pressure' makes sense as regards their dislike towards songs from X&Y.

However I want to ask,are there any stories behind X&Y,AMSTERDAM & 42? Because the lyrics of those songs are not cognate with their titles...

X&Y: I haven't the slightest idea!!

Amsterdam: I think Chris wrote this song there.

42: It's Chris's fav number (and Will's thrid fav number)

@diogo: this one is FOR YOU. I read elsewhere that "Amsterdam" is a song that deals with drug addiction and how the addict comes close to the brink until he is saved hence the lines:

"Stuck on the end of this ball and chain,

I'm on my way back down again,

Stood on the edge,tied to a noose,

Sick to the stomach

You can say what you mean but it won't change a thing,

I'm sick of the secrets

Stood on the edge,tied to a noose

You came along and you cut me loose"

Of course,the problem with this interpretation is that it creates or adds substance to the negative stereotype of Amsterdam being the European capital of hard drugs.Why i'm not particularly convinced with the explanation that he titled the track "Amsterdam" because he wrote it there is because he has written different tracks in different cities and that is not imho,a cogent reason to title the track as such.

I heard he [Chris] wrote a hit song in Iceland once,but I'm yet to hear a track titled "Reykavjik" till date...[except I missed an album?]

I'll look for it.