✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[2016-06-26] Coldplay Headline Glastonbury 2016

• Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I noticed this. Has a fan infiltrated the paper?! [emoji5]

the standing observation is that the management turn over and the new boss is a HUGE coldplay fan :) (jk btw)

I've said it since AHFOD released, but hot damn have things turned around for the band. Critics suddenly love them again, and have since last November when AOAL released, but this Glasto set took them to an entirely new level. I haven't seen this level of respect for them since about 2009 (when I didn't know any better!). It feels so good to see them getting the respect they deserve. Words cannot describe how touching that Viola Beach tribute was.

I hope next time people think about talking shit on Coldplay in the future, they think back and remember how genuinely nice and considerate Coldplay are. We're lucky to have witnessed this, folks.

• Like 9

I've said it since AHFOD released, but hot damn have things turned around for the band. Critics suddenly love them again, and have since last November when AOAL released, but this Glasto set took them to an entirely new level. I haven't seen this level of respect for them since about 2009 (when I didn't know any better!). It feels so good to see them getting the respect they deserve. Words cannot describe how touching that Viola Beach tribute was.

I hope next time people think about talking shit on Coldplay in the future, they think back and remember how genuinely nice and considerate Coldplay are. We're lucky to have witnessed this, folks.

I totally agree, it makes me really happy.

Probably they realised that they should better stop hating on a band that will write history in music[emoji16]

• Like 5

wow! coldplay almost on par with adele!! who would have thought!!

Adele, Coldplay and ELO break viewing records for BBC Glastonbury coverage

Muse didn't fare so well, however

LUKE MORGAN BRITTON, 28TH JUNE 2016

This year's Glastonbury Festival was the most watched on the BBC, reaching a record high of 18.7 million over the weekend.

Glastonbury 2016 took place over the weekend at Worthy Farm in Pilton, Somerset. The headliners were Adele, Coldplay and Muse.

According to figures published by Music Week, Adele's Saturday headline set saw a peak of 3.7 million viewers, making it the most watched Saturday headline performance since 2008.

Coldplay, meanwhile, also broke a record for the number of viewers in their Sunday headline slot. Their performance peaked at 3.4 million viewers, with an average of 2.0 million. Their last Glastonbury headline appearance, on Saturday night in 201, had attracted an average audience of 1.0 million.

Jeff Lynne’s ELO also became the most watched act of Sunday's "legend" slot, pulling in an audience of 2.4 million compared to Lionel Richie's average audience of 1.71 million in 2015.

However, Friday night headliners Muse didn't fare so well, attracting drawing an average audience of 346,000 for its live stream on BBC Four and 420,000 when the performance was repeated later on BBC Two.

nme

• Like 4

Guest diogo_sg

Just finished watching this masterpiece. What an incredible set. I'm mindblown. Everything was so perfect and every moment was so special and beautiful. I actually shed a tear or two during Yellow and some other songs. God I wish I had been there, in the middle of all that amazing craziness. I think I'm failing to describe how I'm feeling rn, because I'm in a state of complete wonder - it's so strange! The colours, the light, the songs, the atmosphere, the guests, just everything!! If this isn't my favourite concert of all time, it's really close to it.

Or this whole thing could have been a set up, but I don't think so, based on Will's reaction.

If this was planned to do so, sure that they had to practice their reactions, Will obviously.

However, when I first saw this, I was, and am still thinking that this whole thing is set up with the hope that nobody will notice Chris is playing/singing two notes lower than official.

Wait, I'm not the only one who noticed Chris was playing two notes lower than usual, am I?

Just finished watching this masterpiece. What an incredible set. I'm mindblown. Everything was so perfect and every moment was so special and beautiful. I actually shed a tear or two during Yellow and some other songs. God I wish I had been there, in the middle of all that amazing craziness. I think I'm failing to describe how I'm feeling rn, because I'm in a state of complete wonder - it's so strange! The colours, the light, the songs, the atmosphere, the guests, just everything!! If this isn't my favourite concert of all time, it's really close to it.

I was so happy when I was watching it, unbelievable that just a concert like this already gives me so much energy. It's one of my favourite shows definitely ! :D

• Like 1

If this was planned to do so, sure that they had to practice their reactions, Will obviously.

However, when I first saw this, I was, and am still thinking that this whole thing is set up with the hope that nobody will notice Chris is playing/singing two notes lower than official.

Wait, I'm not the only one who noticed Chris was playing two notes lower than usual, am I?

Now you got me thinking: when a piano is out of tune, you only get some notes out of tune, not EVERY NOTE perfectly being a whole step lower. In this case all the notes he was playing were a whole step lower. Time to investigate!

I still am thinking about the beautiful tribute they did to Viola Beach! This truly shows what a great band Coldplay are. I have added the song to my spotify playlist and have bought it on google play!

• Like 3

Now you got me thinking: when a piano is out of tune, you only get some notes out of tune, not EVERY NOTE perfectly being a whole step lower. In this case all the notes he was playing were a whole step lower. Time to investigate!

I didn't catch what it was and I haven't watched the concert again but Jo Whiley was saying they had to borrow something from the BBC tent for the set. Maybe this had something to do with it?

It was in the bit just after the concert where Jo and Mark (?) were chatting.

• Like 1

I didn't catch what it was and I haven't watched the concert again but Jo Whiley was saying they had to borrow something from the BBC tent for the set. Maybe this had something to do with it?

It was in the bit just after the concert where Jo and Mark (?) were chatting.

I think she said their monitors (speakers) broke

10 reasons we’re no longer taking the piss out of Coldplay

http://metro.co.uk/2016/06/27/10-reasons-were-no-longer-taking-the-piss-out-of-coldplay-5969457/

"Yes, it’s always been pretty easy to take the piss out of Coldplay.

Heck, Google ‘Coldplay’ and the first thing to come up is ‘Coldplay sucks’.

Well, not anymore.

When Chris Martin and his boys headlined Glastonbury’s Pyramid stage last night… things got pretty emotional.

So here’s why we’ve all come crawling back to the big, fat, happy Coldplay love-in. Sorry it took us so long, Chris. Forgivsies?"

Really? What took them so long? :sleeping2:

• Like 7

10 reasons we’re no longer taking the piss out of Coldplay

http://metro.co.uk/2016/06/27/10-reasons-were-no-longer-taking-the-piss-out-of-coldplay-5969457/

"Yes, it’s always been pretty easy to take the piss out of Coldplay.

Heck, Google ‘Coldplay’ and the first thing to come up is ‘Coldplay sucks’.

Well, not anymore.

When Chris Martin and his boys headlined Glastonbury’s Pyramid stage last night… things got pretty emotional.

So here’s why we’ve all come crawling back to the big, fat, happy Coldplay love-in. Sorry it took us so long, Chris. Forgivsies?"

Really? What took them so long? :sleeping2:

Lmao at this[emoji23]

people really can't decide if they should love or hate them, can they?

• Like 1

Lmao at this[emoji23]

people really can't decide if they should love or hate them, can they?

I know! Seems like they're on a roller coaster all the time:

"Oh, Coldplay are hippies.

Now Coldplay threw a fantastic Glasto party.

Coldplay have no sense of humor.

Now Coldplay are really funny.

Oh, and Chris Martin is so rude.

Now he's a very generous and sympathetic person."

• Like 3

The band just kept doing what they love and they didn't change their beliefs. They are true to themselves and they just want people to enjoy their music while they're enjoying themselves. People who hate them at the beginning are starting to see that.

• Like 4