✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Up&Up

getithom

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did Chris confirm that the last track features collaborations from Beyonce, Clayton, the band's kids, etc.? I listened to the X-Posure interview and it sounded like Chris only confirmed Noel for the last track and was referring to the whole album (not specifically Up&Up) when mentioning the other collaborators. Was there another interview I missed with more details?

A Jonny solo.

A Noel solo.

In the same song.

I will not survive this.

Same! This song is probably the one I'm the most excited about! And I've been wishing for a Coldplay ft. Noel Gallagher collab for years and its finally coming true! :D

Guest howyousawtheworld
I hope Noel and Beyonce do some vocal harmonies. Listen to Cast No Shadow to see what I'm talking about. ;) I'm not a Beyonce fan so I don't know how she does harmonies but I've a feeling that she'd be pretty good at them.

One of the very best Oasis choruses

'Bound with all the weight of all the words he tried to say

Chained to all the places that he never wished to stay....

One of the very best Oasis choruses

'Bound with all the weight of all the words he tried to say

Chained to all the places that he never wished to stay....

YEAH. Those harmonies give me chills. :)

Noel is one in a line of lead guitarists and amazing backup vocalists (like the Edge, Pete Townshend, John Frusciante, etc)...so I hope he has some singing in addition to the guitar.

After reading Chris' description of the song, I honestly have a feeling that it's going to be an all-time top 20 or so Coldplay track for me. This is the band of the X&Y era, not afraid to show some appreciation for a hero. It's weird thinking that just a few weeks ago we never would have guessed that the Coldplay from Viva to the present would even try to collaborate with Noel Gallagher.

I hope Noel and Beyonce do some vocal harmonies. Listen to Cast No Shadow to see what I'm talking about. ;) I'm not a Beyonce fan so I don't know how she does harmonies but I've a feeling that she'd be pretty good at them.

Actually I remember Chris posting Cast No Shadow around a year ago on their facebook page. He wrote that everytime he listens to that song he is reminded that there is still room to improve his song-writing. So maybe when he posted this, he was already working with Noel and we'll get something similar :awesome:

Actually I remember Chris posting Cast No Shadow around a year ago on their facebook page. He wrote that everytime he listens to that song he is reminded that there is still room to improve his song-writing. So maybe when he posted this, he was already working with Noel and we'll get something similar :awesome:

Interesting...I had no idea this happened. Here's another fun connection:

1. Cast No Shadow is said to be dedicated to Richard Ashcroft.

2. Coldplay and Richard Ashcroft performed Bittersweet Symphony together, and Chris mentions Ashcroft here:

[video=youtube;UCm2BXlWjec]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCm2BXlWjec

Interesting...I had no idea this happened. Here's another fun connection:

1. Cast No Shadow is said to be dedicated to Richard Ashcroft.

2. Coldplay and Richard Ashcroft performed Bittersweet Symphony together, and Chris mentions Ashcroft here:

[video=youtube;UCm2BXlWjec]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCm2BXlWjec

And during a live performance of What If (don't know which one, I only have the audio...)