• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

up&up is the next single!

Coldplay’s “Up&Up” Added To The KROQ Playlist

February 17, 2016 2:03 PM

Filed Under: Coldplay, Most Played

coldplay-at-the-belasco-121.jpg?w=640&h=360&crop=1

(Photo by Cody Black / KROQ.com)

Coldplay has proven to be one of the most successful acts of the new millennium, selling millions of records and earning seven GRAMMYs. Last year they released A Head Full of Dreams, their seventh studio album. “Up&UP” is the latest single from the album.

kroq

Interesting. I love Up&Up, but it's probably the last choice I had for a single (next to XMTS). I doubt they're doing it for the attention though, considering the song is essentially what the album is all about.

Up&Up seems like a great chance to tell a good story.

What If, White Shadows, IIRC, were released only in 1 or 2 countries as a single? U-songs on MX came out as a Record Day special. These were very specific circumstances, but I think if you look at everything that was a general single, there should be a video. For instance, I don't think most of us think of GPASUYF or Talk as singles nowadays but those had videos.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest diogo_sg

I can't stop thinking of how awesome the music video to this song could be. Imagine the Choir singing this with the band while walking down a huge, colourful street. Or an actual short film with a strong story and a powerful message at the end. What could the band possibly do for this? There are so many great concepts and ideas!

I can't stop thinking of how awesome the music video to this song could be. Imagine the Choir singing this with the band while walking down a huge, colourful street. Or an actual short film with a strong story and a powerful message at the end...

Yeah you're right ! [emoji3]

Im really looking forward to it !!! [emoji2]

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Z220 met Tapatalk

I guess I phrased that clumsily. They're not on the level of Yellow/Scientist/Fix You/VLV is what I really meant, in terms of appearing in live setlists, radio play (to SOME extent), being remembered as "the great Coldplay singles".

For me, Talk is a great single and I have often heard it on radio even years after release

• Like 1

I only hope that they will remain playing the full version during concerts. Of course the radio version is better as a single but for the full experience of the song I need all those damn guitar solos and the long build up.

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...