✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Up&Up

getithom

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Already forgot how this song sounds like lol.

But I stop myself from listening to it again. I really didn't want to spoil myself with this stream bUT I WAS WEAK

I mean, the song just came out, so it's totally normal to not remember how it goes whether or not you (not you) liked it.

GUYS! Normal piano in a new Coldplay song!!! HALLELUJAH!! :lol:

The beginning sounds SO MUCH like a Taylor Swift song, I honestly thought it was originally written for her :lol: Which is not a bad thing to me, it's just funny considering Chris is a grown-ass man and she's still a young woman :lol:

BUT THEN ohmy then :awesome: then it becomes rather glorious doesn't it :awesome:

The whole song feels like a giant hug, which is particularly welcome these days :wacky:

I said of AHFOD that to me it sounds like the song for the opening credits of a Coldplay series. Up & Up sounds like the song they'd put at the end of the series finale.

Can't wait to hear the album!!!

South Side?

No, but I think I've found it. It's a b-side called Sunday. The main difference is that the Moby song is in minor and Up&Up is in a major key but other than that the piano riff is similar to the chorus of Up&Up. (Obviously I'm not implying they copied that. I guess you can find hundreds of songs with a similar chord progression. It just reminded me personally of that song.)

starting at 3:05

It's a really really good song. It kind of takes everything from their discography and puts together. Chris saying "it took 15 years for us to write this one" is spot on.

At first it kind of felt too repititive towards the end for me, but now after listening to it more, it's perfect. All of them playing on this at their best + having a choir really gives the power to the chorus.

Really made me feel like this album is a last chapter of what they have done so far.

Guest howyousawtheworld

Intrigued to hear it but I'm in two minds whether to just wait until the 4th! :\

One question - does Jonny play Noel's guitar part live as well? Who's playing what? Is Chris playing piano/guitar?

Guest diogo_sg
This will be the one that we're all singing along too at the stadium shows next summer. It'll be extended like Everything's not Lost used to be. It will be fucking magical.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[emoji7]

Guest howyousawtheworld

Ok I gave in and listened to it. I say with the best respect in the world but it sounds like a song Oasis wanted Be Here Now to sound like?! Anyone else getting that? I mean it's deliberately big, bombastic but controlled! There is something very Britpop about it. The choirs sound like something Damon Albarn would have added and it would have been a right stormer in the charts in the mid 90s at the height of Britpop. I LOVE that chorus and the choir just makes it sound PHENOMENAL! Good job Coldplay (and Noel and other company!) Very good job indeed!