✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Up&Up

getithom

Up&Up

The thing is I don't think my parents are even aware of this concert (they aren't really tech savvy honestly I don't think they even know what tidal is or even get the concept of streaming in the first place) I don't know weather to shove this in their face or just wait until December fourth and casually just sing to all the lyrics when they play it for the first time.

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the album..I need that "believe in love" ending. Yes, it is incredibly cheesy, but the tremulous everything feels so soulful and powerful. It actually gave me shivers.

I just like the way he sings those words. He could be singing anything else honestly, I just really like what kind of melody he chose to sing these words with.

very traditional '00 pop/rock song. As many said, it's surely influenced by Oasis.

First guitar-y tune of AHFOD, it's nice to see Guy's bass lines standing out on the "How can people suffer?..." part. the only bit I don't like is those electronic drums in the beginning...

about the lyrics: i'm sure Chris wrote this while getting high and watching Doctor Who :rolleyes5:

jk :laugh1:

This is the kind of song I was afraid we wouldn't get on AHFOD. It is a beautiful, intricate combination of Oasis, Swallowed In The Sea, Everything's Not Lost, and the live version of Life Is For Living, with a little bit of Miracles sprinkled in. There's such a gorgeous melody and the simple sing-along chorus is so tender and emotional. Jonny sounds amazing, he plays Noel's solo so well that I can only imagine how good it is when the man himself plays it. I'm glad it's a longer song; there aren't enough Coldplay songs that stretch over 5 minutes. Overall, this may be one of the very best post-Viva tracks and my prediction that it will be a top 20 all-time Coldplay song for me might just come true. I will need a proper studio version in order to make that call, but for now I'm proud to say it's my favorite song from AHFOD that I've heard so far.

very traditional '00 pop/rock song. As many said, it's surely influenced by Oasis.

First guitar-y tune of AHFOD, it's nice to see Guy's bass lines standing out on the "How can people suffer?..." part. the only bit I don't like is those electronic drums in the beginning...

about the lyrics: i'm sure Chris wrote this while getting high and watching Doctor Who :rolleyes5:

jk :laugh1:

I didn't like the electric drums at first too. But as the song progresses, they really seem to mix in well.

I don't know how the album might be yet?

But one thing is for sure Stargate deserve a 10/10 for production,

Guest howyousawtheworld
First listen - yup, it's powerful. Loved Jonny's playing. And - yea - more people should be shouting about LOVE - good grief, the world's a bit short of it right now.

In fairness to Chris if he wrote:

'There's nothing you can do that can't be done,

nothing you can say that can't be sung,

nothing you can say but you can learn how to play the game,

It's easy'

...he'd get lambasted.

How to spend 1 hour of your life? Listen Up&Up 4 times in a row...

Damn it really is a long song.

I was driving home after visiting my parents and had Up&Up on.

It's a 10 minutes drive and I even couldn't listen to it twice. :D

It was the first time that I heard it without headphones and had the volume really up. Wow, this song is so good. The guitar solo's are just ...

The best one on AHFOD so far.

It is very early and I haven't heard the album version yet, but I think this one is a possible candidate to be one of my Coldplay favorites.

^ It would have been so cool if the guys could have somehow gotten a group of fans together and had them contribute to the choir part also. Something like how they had that coordinated meetup for the Christmas Lights video shoot. Not sure how feasible it would have been, but that would be quite the memory to build!

You wouldn't wanna hear me sing, I sound like a rusty iron pipe with randomly wind passing through when I sing :I

You wouldn't wanna hear me sing, I sound like a rusty iron pipe with randomly wind passing through when I sing :I

Oh god, that is one of the funniest things I have ever read lol! Accurately describes my singing when I'm anywhere except the silence of my own home.

I still have mixed feelings about Up&Up. The melody and structure feels very Britpop to me (which I don't like), and while I agree that the end is very good, I wish the chorus had more variation. I don't know how many times I hear "get it together" there, it feels too often.

It's indeed very repetitive as a whole. But certainly a better effort than AOAL.