✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

AHFOD Music Chart / Sales STATS & FACTS Thread

Sparky

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so on the first day in the UK, coldplay sold 100k and adele 52k! coldplay counts preorders too i think. and according to projections, coldplay have to sell more than what they sold for mx and gs to fight adele for the first spot. so the chances of having 7th #1 are very very slim... don't think it's going to happen :(

but looks like coldplay might set the record for the biggest 2nd highest selling first week.

Guest LiquidSky
we'll see. i have my doubts coldplay will get #1. but they will sell probably better in the UK than the US this time around. at least during the first week.

Adele has pushed Coldplay back to number 2 in 2 days. She had dropped to #7 on the first day of Coldplay's release date. (I have no idea how she surpass them in jut 2 days? o.O)

Guest LiquidSky
She ´s breaking all sorts of records with 25. I am not sure we can consider 25 other than an anomaly, like a major musical tsunami hehe

yeah, when I first checked I was like: "heh, I'm not sure Coldplay can take the #1 spot from Adele on the first day, but then on the 2nd day of released I saw she was pushed back to 4th place and then way back to #7, but today she's back to #1 and Coldplay has been pushed to #2. The thing about Adele though is that she appeals to all ages. I don't know anyone that doesn't like her.

Didn't I tell you people a month ago that it wouldn't beat Adele? LOL. Adele on her 3rd week beats a Coldplay album on its first week, nothing other than a disaster that is.

But oh well. If I knew it wouldn't get to number one then surely the Coldplay boys knew as well which means they don't care. Which is fair enough.

I guess they did beat Adele to no.1 . What is your point?