✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

AHFOD Music Chart / Sales STATS & FACTS Thread

Sparky

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First Week Sales, AHFOD sales to date. Looking like the lowest selling first week sales, don't see it catching up with GS sales in the days left, too much to catch up with.

VLV = 700k

MX = 447k

Ghost Stories = 383k

AFHOD = 190k

I wonder why the sales going lower album by album !

Is it because coldplay fame goes lower by time ? or it has to do with music nowadays ?

Don't find it funny that X&Y was their top selling album with 15 m sells (If i remember correctly) ...... even tho AROBTTH and VLV were better and got higher reception !?

i do.. but frankly, if you weight by the time appropriately, viva is probably the best seller. if you take into account sales decline and the looming financial crisis. but shows you another reason why x&y was a breaking point for the band.

i do.. but frankly, if you weight by the time appropriately, viva is probably the best seller. if you take into account sales decline and the looming financial crisis. but shows you another reason why x&y was a breaking point for the band.

The sales difference from GS to AHFOD is big,that's a lot of sales to lose in the space of a year.

AROBTTH is their best selling album with 18 million sales worldwide whereas Viva only sold 10 million copies worldwide.

Is it because coldplay fame goes lower by time ? or it has to do with music nowadays ?

It looks like MX and GS are quite close in sale number, while Viva was a lot more, so I would say its the result of the decline in music sales. The low sales of AHFOD I think must weighed in the light of Adele...she is obliterating any other artist on the shelves right now :/

I´d still wait to see the Superbowl effect and also the sales around Christmas and after they start releasing more singles. MX was a slow burner too.

Coldplay sales have been strong as ever. Do you know the album with the biggest week sales record for over 10 years was N'SYNC back in the year 2002?

Why is this? Are they that good? No. N'Sync stayed at the top because of the downfall of the recording industry.

It's been imploding since those days when people started downloading music. For us that remember those days- you had to buy albums to hear any of it..other than the one or two singles.. they were 18 dollars for an album, and that was that.

It's not like that anymore. I think taking into account that- Coldplay is selling more albums than ever.

Why do I say that? Because Taylor Swift is one of the first artists to get back in the top 10 of first week sales since N'Sync, and just even more recently Adele beat her album 1989 out with 25.

Even though Coldplay didn't make it in the top 10... they were selling more albums after the first week sales. They were even beating Adele out for a minute there.

• Like 1

AROBTTH is their best selling album with 18 million sales worldwide whereas Viva only sold 10 million copies worldwide.

I read they sold like 80 millions albums copies (or with singles combined).

And I also think Chris wouldn't stop until they reach 100 millions. Could happen with couple next albums.

It looks like MX and GS are quite close in sale number, while Viva was a lot more, so I would say its the result of the decline in music sales. The low sales of AHFOD I think must weighed in the light of Adele...she is obliterating any other artist on the shelves right now :/

I´d still wait to see the Superbowl effect and also the sales around Christmas and after they start releasing more singles. MX was a slow burner too.

Come on,75% of the Superbowl fans dislike Coldplay and 50% hate them and think they are some shit band

Come on,75% of the Superbowl fans dislike Coldplay and 50% hate them and think they are some shit band

I certainly dont know the Superbowl fans and what music they like hehe but remember that over 100 million people will be watching this! They are not all superbowl fans, its just a tradition to watch this for most americans, so the exposure will be very big. I´d be surprised if this won't have any effect on the sales just afterwards

All they want is Britney Spears. I won't judge anyone who enjoys her music, but... come on. This might be the least watched halftime show in a while simply because people won't quit whining.

All they want is Britney Spears. I won't judge anyone who enjoys her music, but... come on. This might be the least watched halftime show in a while simply because people won't quit whining.

I doubt it- the more whining the more attention the more people watching

Adele is at number 1 this week on sales already, plus she now is also number 1 on iTunes.

Only with a massive promotion they will have the number 1 album in the Uk this week( and they are doing 0 promo)

They deserved the record :(

Adele is at number 1 this week on sales already, plus she now is also number 1 on iTunes.

Only with a massive promotion they will have the number 1 album in the Uk this week( and they are doing 0 promo)

They deserved the record :(

Eh not in my opinion. I love Coldplay obviously but the Beatles are on a different level- not matter how 'overrated' people think they are.

What? The Beatles can never be overrated LOL I am a massive fan! Though I also think its totally unfair to compare anyone else to the Beatles. I remember Paul saying once that they were a product of their time or something like that and I agree. Its a unique phenomenon that happened in a unique time. Its a wave no one can catch anymore now , no way you can repeat that :) To me they will always remain the foundation of modern pop/rock music hehe

Exactly! And that's why I think this record should stay to the band that kinda sorta deserves it aha.

And yeah I'm a massive fan, like a really super massive fan, and this time my parents weren't super into them, I sort of discovered them on my own, and then went into a sort of fan war with my friend about who was better, Lennon or McCartney and then kinda delved deeper to support my cause lol

Better is a vague term, but my favourite is Lennon. :) That said I feel the Beatles were a lot like Coldplay are. There was a magic chemistry when all four were together, that was never repeated after they split, despite the many hits for example Lennon/McCartney had as single artists.