✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

AHFOD Music Chart / Sales STATS & FACTS Thread

Sparky

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

adele sold over 1 mil copies again in the US on her second week. it is going to be tough. don't think there is a chance in the US, but hopefully in the UK?

I thought the same. At the moment Coldplay is at the top of the iTunes chart worldwide.

I thought the same. At the moment Coldplay is at the top of the iTunes chart worldwide.

yeah, it could be the first day momentum though. all the pre-orders get counted i think. if they do hold on for the rest of the week, then there is a chance. but i think a lot of adele's hard copies are being sold. it's so in your face, with huge displays in front. i went to barnes & noble yesterday for ahfod and there was only one copy and i bought that. but adele was front and center with a huge display. smh..

adele sold over 1 mil copies again in the US on her second week. it is going to be tough. don't think there is a chance in the US, but hopefully in the UK?

That's like 70% drop? I think it's 50/50 to beat Adele in US. Guys needs sold >300K.

But for the Beatles record boys needs 1st place where? In UK or US chart? Or WW?

That's like 70% drop? I think it's 50/50 to beat Adele in US. Guys needs sold >300K.

But for the Beatles record boys needs 1st place where? In UK or US chart? Or WW?

I believe it is the US charts, but I kinda sorta don't want it to happen lol maybe I'm a little mean or maybe I like the Beatles a little too much

yeah, it could be the first day momentum though. all the pre-orders get counted i think. if they do hold on for the rest of the week, then there is a chance. but i think a lot of adele's hard copies are being sold. it's so in your face, with huge displays in front. i went to barnes & noble yesterday for ahfod and there was only one copy and i bought that. but adele was front and center with a huge display. smh..

I saw something similar in a Mexican record store. Adele and some other Mexican artists have huge posters around the store, but I couldn't see anything about Coldplay. Even I passed by the place where the album was placed and I thought it didn't arrived. Later, when I asked to the seller if they had it, she took me to the entrance! It was right in front of me but I didn't watch it because there wasn't any ad!

I saw something similar in a Mexican record store. Adele and some other Mexican artists have huge posters around the store, but I couldn't see anything about Coldplay. Even I passed by the place where the album was placed and I thought it didn't arrived. Later, when I asked to the seller if they had it, she took me to the entrance! It was right in front of me but I didn't watch it because there wasn't any ad!

Bad marketing?

Dunno, lads. If album would be a flop - who cares? Tour would be a hit, boys are already millionaires and could do whatever they want.

Didn't I tell you people a month ago that it wouldn't beat Adele? LOL. Adele on her 3rd week beats a Coldplay album on its first week, nothing other than a disaster that is.

But oh well. If I knew it wouldn't get to number one then surely the Coldplay boys knew as well which means they don't care. Which is fair enough.

Will post this from the main LP7 thread :P

I think we'll know what's going to happen by Monday/Tuesday (UK chart wise). This is a good forum to keep an eye on (Updates are normally posted between 10am-3pm UK time) : http://www.buzzjack.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=184620&st=0&start=0 Latest sales / mid-week updates are posted on there before everywhere else.

Someone is saying on the Coldplay prediction thread that they've made 100k sales within the first day. Coldplay will go over 200k easily, maybe even close to 300k. They're all underestimating them a lot. I think it's because they treat Ghost Stories as just another album by them (not knowing that it wasn't the next big album after MX), so they're inclined to think sales are only going to go down from there.

Apparently, they're on course for only 150k sales in the U.S. which would be considered a flop for Coldplay.

I bought mine at Target Friday morning and they had three copies, not even on the new release rack mind you, in a single space. When I bought X&Y it was an entire end-cap. When I bought Viva it was 3 rows. When I bought MX it was a single row. When I bought Ghost Stories it was three spaces. Now with AHFOD three lonely copies and not even up front. I know a lot of that has to do with the decline in physical music sales in general but still kind of sad to see.

Didn't I tell you people a month ago that it wouldn't beat Adele? LOL. Adele on her 3rd week beats a Coldplay album on its first week, nothing other than a disaster that is.

But oh well. If I knew it wouldn't get to number one then surely the Coldplay boys knew as well which means they don't care. Which is fair enough.

Dude, they are number one right now.