✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

AHFOD Music Chart / Sales STATS & FACTS Thread

Sparky

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol I love Coldplay but the Beatles are on a totally different level. It's men against boys.

Wouldn't have Coldplay have equalled Beatles record though, so it's not like they would've broken it so it would've been nice to have both Coldplay and Beatles both holding that record together.

The Beatles are a phenomenon that can't be duplicated in our time. They were only possible because they lived in that time, and it's amazing how dominating they were. I seem to come off as belittling the Beatles but that's not what I meant :)

• Like 1

I'm wondering what if Coldplay would get #1 next week or even further, would it be legit for the record? Or only debut week counts?

And in my humble opinion these records nowadays doesn't mean much, because it's completely different era.

As far as the whole Beatles thing goes, it makes me remember this article about 5 or 6 years back. I think it was New York Times... don't really remember but it was genius...it said something along the lines of.... There will never be another Beatles. So the age-old question- who will be the next Beatles can't be answered ...but we can start to ask new questions. And so how has the question changed? It's simple - Who's gonna be the next U2?

And I think we know...

Reading up on the sales updates and apparently it's not selling well in the US. It's estimated to sell 190k in U.S. Fifteen other albums have sold in the region of 190k in the U.S. just this year. That's a huge decline compared to their other albums.

I blame the AOAL song for the low sales. Releasing that turd for a song obviously isn't going to get people rushing to buy this album. So many better songs on the album, literally every song, even the minute long ones.

First week doesn't mean much, considering zero promotion since official announce. Even GS had better marketing.

I guess it would be similar to MX, slow start, but solid finish, with Super Bowl, Glastonbury and big tour ahead, add to this X-mas sales.

The first single is the sole most important factor that drives album sales. AOAL may have been well received by the fans but it flopped with the general public. It was a mistake not releasing the HFTW video by now.

Hell it was a mistake releasing the album less than 3 months after Adele.

It will sell ok in the long term but it will never be #1.

The first single is the sole most important factor that drives album sales. AOAL may have been well received with fans but it flopped with the general public. It was a mistake not releasing the HFTW video by now.

Agreed... *sigh* What the hell are those men in suits up in Parlophone doing? I thought taking care of record sales was their job.

First week doesn't mean much, considering zero promotion since official announce.

I agree, I think it will pick up later on. Actually I just noticed that now B&N website have updated their vinyl section online with a big ad about Coldplay. On and around the release date there was nothing except a big photo of Adele :)

The first single is the sole most important factor that drives album sales.

It will sell ok in the long term but it will never be #1.

Hmm an album can pick up sales way after the first single though. Also I am not sure that in the digital era we are in the first single is so important in terms of sales, as you can just download that and not necessarily the whole album.

Agreed on the release so close to Adele! But I guess then they must not care much about chart positions , more about long term sales?