✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

AHFOD Music Chart / Sales STATS & FACTS Thread

Sparky

I'm still disappointed, It was so easy to get... I think they decided their release date since 1 year ago, they announced the album name Exactly on December 4th... I think they decided to keep their release date despite's Adele, and they thought maybe being the 3rd week they could beat it... I dont know... u_u, anyways, time won't come back, so... doesn't matter now.

actually no. the band said multiple times that they passed so many deadlines but in the end, they wanted the album out this year. think it had more to do with the extensive tour planning they had for 2016.

and i was disappointed like you before. but realizing they don't care about charts made me happy. i never really believed the band when they said they don't care before, but now they have walked the walk.

• Like 1

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any1 else think that they should have released the album in January, or at least On or after Christmas?

Nah, 'cause I don't care about chart positions, but my own listening pleasure and I couldn't have taken any more waiting. It was nerve-wrecking enough. ;) :D

Yes, how embarassing. Cause "Artist" is probably too big of a word for Helene Fischer, who makes trashy old-fashioned pop songs. This is her biggest hit:

boy you need to learn how to respect the other genres i might not like her music but honestly i don't see anything trashy about it ???

Yes, how embarassing. Cause "Artist" is probably too big of a word for Helene Fischer, who makes trashy old-fashioned pop songs.

Hey thats not going on my playlist *LOL* but its not trashy to all those people clapping. Sure it sounds like an eurovision contestant, sure eurovision gives me nausea haha But some people genuinely like it, so I think trashy is too harsh :)

Like sometimes someone might say "hey listen to this obscure artist...he is soo good and revolutionary" and then you´d listen to it and just feel absolutely nothing and then wonder whats wrong with you for not seeing the "great art" when all the critics say you should. Conversely its the same with a super easy pop song you and I might find nauseous but it might even be moving to some other people..who knows. :) So yeah I am always careful with judging cuz I find 99% of the time I am just plain wrong *LOL*

boy you need to learn how to respect the other genres i might not like her music but honestly i don't see anything trashy about it ???

Oh yeah ? I am the one needing to respect other genres ? I listen to genres within classical music most of today's crowd hasn't even heard of and which could not be farther from Coldplay. Maybe you need to learn how to separate music made for mass consumption from true music art, though.

As for Helene Fischer, her songs are as generic as can be, waltzed out for mass consumption. I have the further disadvantage of understanding the terribly trivial lyrics, which does not endear them to me. Anyway, I don't blame anybody who likes it. Most people listen to shit nowadays anyway.

(Whoa, that got me in a rage here...Not gonna respond to this or other threads anymore tonight)

Thats the tricky part about art though isn't it? What constitutes art? And who´s the one/ones qualified to judge? This has been discussed through the ages and I honestly dont think we´ll ever reach a consensus hehe cuz art is subjective (hell life in general is subjective hehe).

I personally like to differentiate by the intention and effort put behind a piece of work. If its a true honest effort done with care and integrity I´ll respect it, no matter how it sounds/appears. If its done just for doing something quick to gain a buck or two I won't respect it. But yeah its tricky even to be able to judge this without knowing the person behind the art! Thats why I kinda gave up trying. I go with what moves me. Some of that other people call art, some of that other people call trash. In the end its my personal experience that makes it valuable or not I guess.

• Like 1