✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

AHFOD Music Chart / Sales STATS & FACTS Thread

Sparky

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest howyousawtheworld
I normally don't like Adele at all, but honestly (and this is not meant in a malicious way; I'm just being very honest here), I hope she wins the charts battle Hello vs. AOAL. I listened to Hello and for me it is definitely the better song of the two.

Hello? It is Adele's Speed of Sound - a tired rehash of something she did in a better fashion on her previous album. She should have listened to Damon Albarn.

I'm pretty sure 25 will get a Be Here Now type of reaction. Sell shit loads in it's first week driven by amazing reviews...and then it all tails off as people realise 'actually this isn't as good as the previous one'.

Only I think I'd rather listen to the cocaine fuelled overblown bomb site of Oasis's Be Here Now than the safe middle class dinner party music of Adele (which, ironically is what used to be claimed of Coldplay).

So, thanks to Mackplay's info, AOAL is #1 in 9 countries worldwide!

AHFOD (pre-order) is #1 in 38 countries worldwide!

At its peak, AHFOD was #1 in 41 countries simultaneously. If it wasn't for 25, 1D and Ellie Goulding who just released her album, that would've been doubled. They were #2 or #3 in many countries

AOAL is now No.7

1. Hello- Adele (still hanging on there, Adele;))

2. Sorry- Justin Bieber (GO AWAY NOW PLEASE)

3. In2- WSTRN (WTF why is this still here?!)

4. Half The World Away- AURORA (decent cover, but I understand it's here cause of the new John Lewis ad, not as good as Oasis tho)

5. Sax- Fleur East (THIS SONG MAKES ME WANT TO JUMP OFF A CLIFF, it's that bad, another X Factor product:angry:)

6. Writings On The Wall- Sam Smith (average song, but fit well with Bond)

7. Adventure Of A Lifetime- Coldplay (Better than all of these combined, the ultimate alternative disco track, PROPER music:D)

AOAL is still losing here in the UK though:(

If you remember last year, I made the Ghost Stories Chart thread http://www.coldplaying.com/forum/threads/99853-Ghost-Stories-by-the-numbers

I will try to post chart related stats here for AHFOD

Do you want to edit the first post? If you make a new thread, I can move all the current posts over to that one so your the thread creator :) (My attention is usually elsewhere)

Not that I care how well Coldplay charts (other than to tie that record), but I figure the more preorders there are for both albums (25 and AHFOD), the better because they debut on different weeks. This way most of the people who will be buying Adele's album will have already purchased it in the first week, leaving less competition from 25 by the time AHFOD comes out. So I guess it's a good thing that 25 is on top right now.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">A Head Full Of Dreams has already hit #1 on <a href="https://twitter.com/iTunes">@iTunes</a>' main album chart in 53 countries! Incredible. Thank you. A <a href="https://t.co/dOm9i9qR3f">pic.twitter.com/dOm9i9qR3f</a></p>— Coldplay (@coldplay) <a href="https://twitter.com/coldplay/status/664155396643397632">November 10, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

• 2 weeks later...

So now that 25 has been released what are we thinking of AHFOD chances are of debuting at number one? I think just how massive and record breaking 25's sales have been almost help those chances in a way. It makes me think that the majority of people who were going to buy it will have already done so by the time AHFOD drops. Wishful thinking maybe...

I know 21 had crazy longevity but that album was a grower in a way. Each single brought in new fans and grew the sales. I think 25's sales will be very front loaded now that she is so well known. Kind of like how the first movie in a trilogy has steady growth due to good reviews and word of mouth but the sequel is massive right out the gate.

There might be enough of a week three drop off for Coldplay to edge past her. Of course with Adele all bets are off the table so who can really tell.