✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[2015-12-03] BBC Radio 1 Special Show at St John’s Hackney Church, London

• Replies 844
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Sparky. Glad you are going.

The tweets say a lot. I wish I had screenshot the 10K tickets, that is bound to get some press/band response (i hope).

What I always thought would be the best idea was just to get the fans into a ballot for tickets instead of this website free for all business - some bands have done this, and shows - there must be some web services geared up to handle it - e.g. a ticket lottery for this kind of show. If not, then I am going to build an app for it immediately ( I work in I.T.!). Other BBC shows have come up with a lottery process - not sure why this one needed Sh*ttickWeb to handle the sales.

THe concerts next year - well, Glasto is a rumor - but again, Ive tried 4 yrs in a row and never got a ticket (sold out in 25mins last time I think). Big stadium gigs seem to be not the style of the band (e.g. if they do them, Im not sure its what they were really keen to do).

I am happy to watch online - BBCR1's show - as AMac is cool anyways - as long as its DD5.1. ;-D

Everyone who got tickets - Hope you enjoy the night and well done! What a great way to start the christmas season - enjoy!

It'd be nice if Coldplay did something akin to Muse when it came to ticketsales (like .mu website members have a unique code which gives them access to a fan only presale) it works pretty well... It's definitely how I got to see Muse at Exeter Grand Hall earlier this year.

I do think Coldplay will be doing the arena/stadium circuit in the next 12 months or so though. These intimate shows are wonderful but their audience base is so large that doing them means so many people miss out. I think AHFOD will lend itself better to stadiums than Ghost Stories did-- that was a quiet, melancholic and personal album and so that's probably why they took the RAH angle and such.

It's not a question of not playing small shows, because that has a totally different vibe to the larger ones. It is a question of making the tickets available in a way that is a fair. Particularly for small shows, in a way that rewards the fans who want that intimate vibe.

Muse played a gig at the electric ballroom in Camden recently. Tickets sold at the door. Sure you had to cue, but no tout could benefit. Maybe Coldplay should have done this?

It's not a question of not playing small shows, because that has a totally different vibe to the larger ones. It is a question of making the tickets available in a way that is a fair. Particularly for small shows, in a way that rewards the fans who want that intimate vibe.

Muse played a gig at the electric ballroom in Camden recently. Tickets sold at the door. Sure you had to cue, but no tout could benefit. Maybe Coldplay should have done this?

Ok but for fans who live outside UK??? Travel for nothing?

No, I think presale for fans is THE idea.

Oh yeah, doing it first come, first served in a way like that would be awesome but then it really limits fans to people that live in London so it's no fairer