✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[2016-04-10] Maracanã Stadium, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Sparky

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What an amazing experience last Sunday. I met some incredible people and the concert was awesome. Everyone was helping each other at my section. The atmosphere was truly great. And hot!

Although I didn't get Politk (my favorite Coldplay song) we got Parachutes ( holy s**** I couldn't believe they are playing that) , Shiver and A Message. It's was a very memorable show for the fans.

At the end of the concert, a little before Up&Up I think, people at my section was screaming intesily for them to play In My Place. Jonny looked the fans with disappointed face almost looking like "Sorry we will not playing that. Really sorry".

It was amazing and I hope everyone here get the same opportunity too see them live too and have awesome time that day.

• Like 10

What an amazing experience last Sunday. I met some incredible people and the concert was awesome. Everyone was helping each other at my section. The atmosphere was truly great. And hot!

Although I didn't get Politk (my favorite Coldplay song) we got Parachutes ( holy s**** I couldn't believe they are playing that) , Shiver and A Message. It's was a very memorable show for the fans.

At the end of the concert, a little before Up&Up I think, people at my section was screaming intesily for them to play In My Place. Jonny looked the fans with disappointed face almost looking like "Sorry we will not playing that. Really sorry".

It was amazing and I hope everyone here get the same opportunity too see them live too and have awesome time that day.

We were asking for In My Place too :( I was at Guy's side though. What an amazing show, I love concerts in Brazil :D

• Like 1

We were asking for In My Place too :( I was at Guy's side though. What an amazing show, I love concerts in Brazil :D

I was on Jonny's side and I only heard people asking IMP after Up&Up though...

will post my review soon ;)

One week has passed and here’s my review:

Sunday, April 10th, 2016. The concert I’ve been waiting for almost 5 years, 35°C feeling like 50°C. So much anticipation that I didn’t slept well in the previous night. The moment I got my xyloband nothing else mattered, Coldplay would be live in front of me in this epic place that is Maracanã stadium.

Positioned myself near the b-stage on Jonny’s side, amongst wonderful people that I met in queue, from all over Brazil. Lianne La Havas was surprisingly awesome, didn’t knew any of her songs but they were soulful and groovy. Gotta love a girl who can play guitar like that.

Showtime, so excited to see people I’ve met 2 days earlier chosen to do Rio’s intro vid. We were shouting so loud I couldn’t hear AHFOD first notes LOL. Chris was ON FIRE, he probably sweated as much as we did :laugh3: Xylos, confetti, lights, everything composing a beautiful scenery.

About the setlist, first section was predictable but amazing to see them reacting to crowd’s energy, Paradise remix = briliant. B-stage, the band so close to me that doesn’t matter that I was only seeing their backs. WTF moment: PoC – so unexpected, never would imagine it back after being extensively played on MX tour. Magic felt a bit weak live, Ink would’ve been more enjoyable.

Back to the main stage, Midnight intro on Fix You so f*ckin awesome. Charlie Brown, AOAL, VLV – people went mad, singing the riff, jumping. Only wish they done a different cover of David Bowie… Now to C-stage, most blissful moment of the night: Parachutes + Shiver (thought I’d dehydrate from crying in this one) + A Message. Perfect acoustic set. :dazzled: :wacky:

ASFOS, Chris stopping the song to ‘marry’ 3 couples on stage. He can put that on his resume hahaha It was so powerful, paper stars falling everywhere while xylos made the place look like a constellation. Up&Up, one of the best guitar solos Jonny’s ever did, believe in love flashmob was incredible. I only miss a proper encore…

The best Coldplay concert I’ve ever been and 2nd best setlist (u can’t really top VLV tour :awesome:)

12961610_10206570724491613_3206983769847707598_n.jpg?oh=e526731e8903e17ba198f4b66541cfe4&oe=57BFE814&__gda__=1470884000_312138aa2ebf9b1d45d5e36778460316

u can see my pics here: https://www.facebook.com/isislove.oliveira/media_set?set=a.10206570700091003.1073741848.1376438962&type=3

and my vids here:

• Like 6

One week has passed and here’s my review:

Sunday, April 10th, 2016. The concert I’ve been waiting for almost 5 years, 35°C feeling like 50°C. So much anticipation that I didn’t slept well in the previous night. The moment I got my xyloband nothing else mattered, Coldplay would be live in front of me in this epic place that is Maracanã stadium.

Positioned myself near the b-stage on Jonny’s side, amongst wonderful people that I met in queue, from all over Brazil. Lianne La Havas was surprisingly awesome, didn’t knew any of her songs but they were soulful and groovy. Gotta love a girl who can play guitar like that.

Showtime, so excited to see people I’ve met 2 days earlier chosen to do Rio’s intro vid. We were shouting so loud I couldn’t hear AHFOD first notes LOL. Chris was ON FIRE, he probably sweated as much as we did :laugh3: Xylos, confetti, lights, everything composing a beautiful scenery.

About the setlist, first section was predictable but amazing to see them reacting to crowd’s energy, Paradise remix = briliant. B-stage, the band so close to me that doesn’t matter that I was only seeing their backs. WTF moment: PoC – so unexpected, never would imagine it back after being extensively played on MX tour. Magic felt a bit weak live, Ink would’ve been more enjoyable.

Back to the main stage, Midnight intro on Fix You so f*ckin awesome. Charlie Brown, AOAL, VLV – people went mad, singing the riff, jumping. Only wish they done a different cover of David Bowie… Now to C-stage, most blissful moment of the night: Parachutes + Shiver (thought I’d dehydrate from crying in this one) + A Message. Perfect acoustic set. :dazzled: :wacky:

ASFOS, Chris stopping the song to ‘marry’ 3 couples on stage. He can put that on his resume hahaha It was so powerful, paper stars falling everywhere while xylos made the place look like a constellation. Up&Up, one of the best guitar solos Jonny’s ever did, believe in love flashmob was incredible. I only miss a proper encore…

The best Coldplay concert I’ve ever been and 2nd best setlist (u can’t really top VLV tour :awesome:)

12961610_10206570724491613_3206983769847707598_n.jpg?oh=e526731e8903e17ba198f4b66541cfe4&oe=57BFE814&__gda__=1470884000_312138aa2ebf9b1d45d5e36778460316

u can see my pics here: https://www.facebook.com/isislove.oliveira/media_set?set=a.10206570700091003.1073741848.1376438962&type=3

and my vids here:

Nice review, thank you so much for taking a momento to write and share it!

• Like 3