✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[2016-04-10] Maracanã Stadium, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Sparky

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was there and it was incredible as expected! Princess of China was a surprise but Parachutes followed by Shiver and A Message was a really killer.

Good to see they combining the huge anthems with the "indie" ones. Chis was really nice with The guy that invaded The stage asking The security to "be cool" a lot of times.

And I can't tell who were The Two kids in The stage with them in ASFOS, there was a blond Little One (too young to be Apple) and a brown hair one. Also happened 3 marriage proposals ❤️

I really enjoy and prefer their early years (can you imagine How I felt hearing The song Parachutes? C'mon, this wasn't a European b-sides show in a pub - I know that kind of surprises doesn't often happens in a crowd stadium) but we all can see that they want to do what they do. "The best job in The world", as Chris said.

A little shoot from Maracanã! Epic day :)

• Like 6

Thankfully nothing ugly happened, I'm glad Chris took it well and with a bit of humor

Ohhhhh - I hope security is improved from now on. Nothing bad happened, thank God, but protection is vitally important. I see Guy was quick off the mark to check all was ok. Stay safe precious boys !

• Like 1

So it seems they dropped Politik for good. Realising it should be a joy show, there are enough politics nowadays.

A clever move perform different songs at B/C-stages, pleasing fans, without touching the main dish.

Can't wait to see "A message" footage!

No God put a smile/Violet Hill/Politik/Major minus/square one.. just completely nothing a bit rocky. Not even (1 of their best energetic and 'new' live songs) pop/rock Hurts like heaven..

All the 'louder' songs are either stadium anthems or party/dance songs. So what's left is ballads, acoustic and party/anthem. The requests are great, but thats' different every night.

I wish they would put something like Square one/ghost story/see you soon/one i love + at least 1 of their rockier songs!! in the every night setlist. Give us something else... ow please!

Where is the diversity with this tour?

• Like 6

So it seems they dropped Politik for good. Realising it should be a joy show, there are enough politics nowadays.

A clever move perform different songs at B/C-stages, pleasing fans, without touching the main dish.

Can't wait to see "A message" footage!

On the way! Uploading it on Facebook now ;) someone please post it on here

No God put a smile/Violet Hill/Politik/Major minus/square one.. just completely nothing a bit rocky. Not even (1 of their best energetic and 'new' live songs) pop/rock Hurts like heaven..

All the 'louder' songs are either stadium anthems or party/dance songs. So what's left is ballads, acoustic and party/anthem. The requests are great, but thats' different every night.

I wish they would put something like Square one/ghost story/see you soon/one i love + at least 1 of their rockier songs!! in the every night setlist. Give us something else... ow please!

Where is the diversity with this tour?

I agree with you! MX tour was basically a rock show. I hope that in European leg the setlist will be completelly different

Sent from my SM-G903F using Coldplaying mobile app

Ok, all of my vids are on the cping fb page now :)

Best atmosphere I've ever heard at a concert (as expected I think at the Maracana). Never seen the support acts get such a reaction from the crowd too. The place exploded during AHFOD. The whole stadium was jumping! Fans were giving out yellow balloons in the queue and believe in love banners. Made Yellow look even more amazing!

It was a strange experience compared to other concert because I think I lost about 10 litres worth of sweat lmao (and probably everyone else too). It was so so hot. Compared with UK concerts, it felt like I'd being jumping for a whole concert after just 2 songs haha!

I was surprised they played Parachutes, Shiver and A Message. Really amazing combination! Charlie Brown and AOAL were insane and everyone sang along to every word for the whole gig.

There was a stage invader at the end of Up&Up. A guy who just wanted to hug Chris Martin haha. Security chased him off and Chris wanted them to be cool about it. Chris also noticed the believe in love banners and said they were great.

• Like 14

I saw that their is an "o reprise" tour credits on the setlist online... Anyone have footage of that?

I don't but it's just basically rolling credits with a AHFOD theme to it and O reprise playing (in the same way as the ghost stories tour) :)

• Like 1

THIS WAS SO AWESOME! No time for reviews / pics now, but I took a lot of great pics (I was at front row again :D )

I loved the setlist, except for PoC of course. We got Parachutes, A Message and Shiver I can't believe it!

Back to reality now, seeing them 3 times on this tour was amazing, something I will never forget :heart: Looking forward to see them in the US or Europe someday :D

• Like 4