✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

When will the North American tour of AHFOD happen?

diana42

• Replies 909
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got the presale info this morning, both excited and disappointed. I took my daughter to see them in Boston in 2012 for her first concert, and while we're excited they are returning this summer, not looking forward to the venue. The Garden was nice, indoors and downtown (convenient to public transit) while Gillette is further and surrounded by overpriced parking lots (last I heard was $40 to park). We shall see is all I have told her so far when asked if we're going again.

• Like 1

Hey guys,

So having a massive freakout. How are there 7 shows? I thought they did four alone in London! The week in-between each is kind of sketchy.

Just don't want to miss the presale, but currently they only have one show in NYC and I can't make that night! And they don't come down to DC.

Any history on why Coldplay is doing this to me???

Hey guys,

So having a massive freakout. How are there 7 shows? I thought they did four alone in London! The week in-between each is kind of sketchy.

Just don't want to miss the presale, but currently they only have one show in NYC and I can't make that night! And they don't come down to DC.

The official announcement says "We’re very pleased to announce the first U.S. shows of this year’s A Head Full Of Dreams Tour." so they will probably add more dates. I can't imagine them doing only 1 show in NYC, but we can't be sure of course...

Hey guys,

no history sadly. this is unchartered territory with stadiums in the US! the announcement does say the "first US shows", so maybe they'll add more dates later based on the demand.

• Like 1

no history sadly. this is unchartered territory with stadiums in the US! the announcement does say the "first US shows", so maybe they'll add more dates later based on the demand.

Yeah I hope so. I mean I can get Phily done, but the fact that Whembly gets four shows and NYC 1? Fingers crossed. But of course the one date they pick!

I think the week off in between each show is a pretty big indicator.

Hmm...the "first" shows.....I saw this just as I was getting in the car to go to work, so the whole ride I was freaking out trying to figure out how many places I can fly to if they're only doing 7 shows. I'm in Atlanta, so there's none really close by. I wish they would say they'll release different cities later so I know to wait.

I know I can always sell the tickets if they change, but it's just so stressful!

does anyone else think that since all these dates go on sale before the super bowl, they might announce more dates right after? i mean the demand is bound to go up no?

Hmm...the "first" shows.....I saw this just as I was getting in the car to go to work, so the whole ride I was freaking out trying to figure out how many places I can fly to if they're only doing 7 shows. I'm in Atlanta, so there's none really close by. I wish they would say they'll release different cities later so I know to wait.

I know I can always sell the tickets if they change, but it's just so stressful!

a lot of us are in the same boat sadly. we could plan better if we actually know all the dates at once.

And another thing...tickets seem between $24-$176....that's quite a range!!

Yeah, Foxboro has a similar range, $29.50 to $179.50... I'm thinking that the top dollar seats will be those in the club level of the stadium, the $30 seats include bloody noses, and anywhere decent to sit is going to be the in $100 range.

Don't they know if they release ALL the dates or just mention they'll go to other areas, (ie. the Southeast), then these 7 dates won't sellout to people from out of town?

that's what i'm thinking. coldplay are not as big in the US as they are in other parts of the world.

also as far as i can remember, they usually add more dates to the same venues announced initially than adding more venues later right? that's what happened in the european tour too i think.

And another thing...tickets seem between $24-$176....that's quite a range!!

Some tickets will be VIP package as far as I can see. I had one of those in Wembley: they usually include food as well. Maybe its those that are priced at almost $200.

does anyone else think that since all these dates go on sale before the super bowl, they might announce more dates right after? i mean the demand is bound to go up no?

I would say yes. In the Mylo tour they had like 3 legs in american tour! So Im definitely expecting more tickets and its frustrating that we don't get all the dates at once. However Im inclined to believe they are waiting cuz they don't know how these initial tickets will sell first...

that's what i'm thinking. coldplay are not as big in the US as they are in other parts of the world.

also as far as i can remember, they usually add more dates to the same venues announced initially than adding more venues later right? that's what happened in the european tour too i think.

In the Mylo tour they had several US dates, so they seem to sell as well in the States as in Europe, but yes I agree they might be waiting to see what happens with the initial tickets first. I think we can fairly be certain new american dates will be announced.