✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

When will the North American tour of AHFOD happen?

diana42

flight prices are crazy from Germany, maybe because of school holidays? Not sure if I will go to any of the US concerts..

Thats exactly what i was thinking, it's insane. 500€ or more for a one-way ticket? You serious? I was thinking about New York and Chicago but not if i have to rob a bank to do it. Only acceptable price i have found so far is 505€ round trip to Boston. Unfortunately Boston is the last stop on the east coast. (Except for Philly but who wants to go there anyway? :D)

Maybe i should just buy tickets tomorrow and hope that prices will drop? I mean they cant go any higher am i right?!

• Replies 909
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The US leg of the tour seems pecularily short to me. Especially considering that this will possibly be their last tour for a while. For the MX tour they had two nights at many locations, and hit more states. Now, I get that they may not want to do such a massive tour again, but I feel these will sell out really fast, missing out on potential revenue not only from big fans, but also from casual fans who may want to see them live after their super bowl performance. By the time the super bowl hits, it seems like this tour may already be sold out.

Thats exactly what i was thinking, it's insane. 500€ or more for a one-way ticket? You serious? I was thinking about New York and Chicago but not if i have to rob a bank to do it. Only acceptable price i have found so far is 505€ round trip to Boston. Unfortunately Boston is the last stop on the east coast. (Except for Philly but who wants to go there anyway? :D)

Maybe i should just buy tickets tomorrow and hope that prices will drop? I mean they cant go any higher am i right?!

Don't knock on Philly too hard, it's a pretty fantastic city. #rocky

The US leg of the tour seems pecularily short to me. Especially considering that this will possibly be their last tour for a while. For the MX tour they had two nights at many locations, and hit more states. Now, I get that they may not want to do such a massive tour again, but I feel these will sell out really fast, missing out on potential revenue not only from big fans, but also from casual fans who may want to see them live after their super bowl performance. By the time the super bowl hits, it seems like this tour may already be sold out.

I have a feeling they might do a second tour through the States, a smaller arena tour. At least I hope they do!

• Like 1

I'm sure if demand goes through the roof they will add an extra show or something. They have a week off between the gigs, it wont't stay that way.

• Like 1

I can't go on ticketmaster right now, so I was wondering if someone is able to tell me if the $176 tickets are in standing sections right next to the stage or somewhere else? Or do we not know where they are, just that there was a range of prices shown and that was the most expensive? Thanks!

I'm betting Chicago are on the field, probably front half of (football) field. If there are seats you'll have to stand to see.

the presale codes are unique. so have to find someone who got more than one email or not going to use theirs. good luck.

edit: for everyone looking for presale codes:

http://coldplaying.com/forum/index.php?threads/2016-09-03-levi%E2%80%99s-stadium-san-francisco-ca.106038/#post-5796821

I tried to get two. The one on the account that was already on their list came through. The one that I added for our other email last night did not. I don't think I missed the deadline.

I tried to get two. The one on the account that was already on their list came through. The one that I added for our other email last night did not. I don't think I missed the deadline.

hmm.. that's strange. i got two because i did the same thing as you.

That's what I was also thinking, just buy a ticket for 1 or 2 locations(if this is possible) and checkout the prices of the flights.

I think it won't be a problem to sell the tickets if I'm not going..

The Super Bowl 50 Halftime Show Will Likely Break Viewership Records And Fuel Coldplay Ticket Sales

Jesse Lawrence

CONTRIBUTOR

From March until early July, Coldplay will headline arena and stadium shows overseas, including four nights at London’s Wembley Stadium. At the end of July, Coldplay will swing back into the U.S. for just seven currently scheduled stops at the biggest U.S. stadiums like Soldier Field in Chicago, Gillette Stadium in Foxborough, and Lincoln Financial Field in Philadelphia. The band will close out the run with a return to Levi’s Stadium on September 3, and there’s no question their Super Bowl appearance will amp up ticket sales and resale prices for the upcoming dates.960x0.jpg?fit=scale

BERLIN, GERMANY – DECEMBER 17: The band Coldplay with it’s singer Chris Martin attend the TV show ‘The Voice Of Germany – Finals’ on December 17, 2015 in Berlin, Germany. (Photo by Clemens Bilan/Getty Images)

In the past, Super Bowl halftime performances have worked as excellent promotion for artists trekking out on their own tours. In 2014, Bruno Mars saw a spike in ticket prices on the resale marketfollowing his halftime appearance, where tickets averaged $209 across all of his dates on the Moonshine Jungle Tour, with tickets spiking to averages of well over $1,000 for multiple stops in Vegas. Beyonce’s 2013 halftime performance had a similar effect on the singer’s headlining tour that year, where resale tickets averaged just under $300.

Unlike previous halftime shows, “50” will be slightly different in that it will be broadcast in daylight hours, which will present lighting challenges for the production team. Without darkness, routine theatrical tricks like lighting, video, and lasers will be adjusted accordingly. Coldplay will begin rehearsal performances on February 3, and the band will have a 2,500-person team behind the production preparations which includes set, costumes, design, and lighting.

The huge production isn’t without good reason, as The Super Bowl Halftime show is expected to draw record-breaking viewership numbers that will be enormous even for a band like Coldplay, who routinely draw massive crowds in stadiums that seat 90,000+. Last year’s Katy Perry halftime show amassed an average of 118.5 million viewers and a 48.2 average household rating, both of which were records. Katy Perry (along with Lenny Kravitz and Missy Elliott) earned 3 million more viewers than the 2014 halftime show, and generated 238,400 tweets per minute. In 2014, Bruno Mars and the Red Hot Chili Peppers’ performance at the Super Bowl Halftime Show attracted 115.3 million viewers, and 2013, 111.3 million viewers watched Beyonce and Destiny’s Child perform on stage. With the Super Bowl Halftime Show likely to smash viewership records this year, the numbers will work in Coldplay’s favor when it comes to moving tickets.

forbes

I had signed up for the mailing list with three different email accounts over the years, but only my current email got a code. Which is odd because when other newsletters have come in, I get them on my other accounts too.

In my experience having flown to the States 3 times I never once found the one-way ticket to be significantly cheaper than the return. Not sure if this is the norm, but its what I found. And €500 return sounds pretty reasonable to me for Boston.

• Like 1

It so weird though because usually Toronto is a guarantee on all world tours.

My bet is that it's just the first few of many shows. Stadiums at that. I have no doubts at all they'll do a Toronto show. Most likely 2 nights as well. Toronto and Montreal are popular spots for them

I had signed up for the mailing list with three different email accounts over the years, but only my current email got a code. Which is odd because when other newsletters have come in, I get them on my other accounts too.

I only got an email from a new email I created yesterday, not from any of the emails I had registered with them