✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

===The Ultimate Coldplaying Thread===S, BS, BR, P, AROBTTH, X&Y, VLV, PM, MX, GS, AHFOD===

EasySuperstition99

Is it just me or do you think that ASARY would have sounded good before Fun and after AOAL on AHFOD?

I think the themes and lyrics of ASARY would not work in between AOAL and Fun (or anywhere in AHFOD for that matter). However, I think it would work in terms of sound. It sounds similar and offers a nice calm-down transition between uplifting AOAL and slow-paced Fun.

Could you also replace Army Of One and XMTS with two other songs you think would fit well if you can, I'm curious to know:dance:

I like Army of One, so not sure I would replace it. Maybe with Hurts Like Heaven but slower. And as far as XMTS goes, I would replace it with a poppier DAAHF.

And, you didn't ask this, but I might replace Color Spectrum with Aiko

Edit: 3000th post!!!!

• Like 1

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think some of you have heard about the e-zines. I'm not sure where I read about them but I found this in a interview

Chris admits he thinks "a lot of the best love songs have been

written already" but they are "interested in making music with

soul, passion, energy, vibe and emotion". Just as well because

that's exactly what Coldplay do - with honours. Here we have

a band oozing with talent and intellect, but they don't make

the mistake of being contrived with any pretence. There is also

more than a hint of optimism, especially in the lyrics of Don't

Panic, 'We live in a Beautiful World', do we? "Yes". Oh right

then. Chris is of the opinion that "every cloud has a silver lining

and there's good in everything". Ahhh.

I think they still embrace this idea. The difference is they don't want to keep doing the same tricks over and over again. It's like people who work in an office; they don't want to be in the same area or company forever. People wants new challenges, meet new people, have a different routine. I believe the band wants to try something different to rock music by embracing what they love but keeping the soul and passion they have always put on their music.

Ps. If you want to read the whole interview you can download the e-zine in a Brazilian fan-site http://vivacoldplay.com/2011/01/telescope-lens-1/

• Like 3

^^Dunno what it is that is so attractive about these piano covers for some fans haha Its like "turn any Coldplay song into a piano cover and it will be alright" LOL Yeah nah...not hearing it. These covers are a lot of fun for players to do (I know all about it! hehe) but as a listener its pretty boring imo.(but its probably of use if you want to do a karaoke :D

• Like 1

Guest diogo_sg
I miss proper headphones! Ive yet to buy a new pair, still using my iPhones buds :/ Had some Senheiser but they are falling apart after years of use hehe

The ones I used aren't mine, they're from my school's radio station. They're amazing! The sound is so clear and not all over the place, even in songs like DLIBYH [emoji1]. My headphones are pretty...huh...regular, if you know what I mean.

Guest diogo_sg
^^Your school has a radio station??

Haha! Yes. Well, sort of. It's on in the students' lounge during breaks and it's 'owned' by my class. It isn't a real radio station, of course; it doesn't broadcast to outside the students' lounge. Anyways, we play music, share local and global news, etc. It's really fun! [emoji12]

Guest diogo_sg
Two words:

Bluetooth Headphones

[emoji14]

Thanks for the advice, but I have a stereo with an awesome sound in my living room, so I don't use headphones very often. I don't think I'd spend so much money on bluetooth headphones just to use them once in a while ;)

Thanks for the advice, but I have a stereo with an awesome sound in my living room, so I don't use headphones very often. I don't think I'd spend so much money on bluetooth headphones just to use them once in a while ;)

Fine, it's just that they're really good and for me theyve lasted a long time and they're still bringing good quality music. But fine, I just wanted to share my music equipment.

:P

• Like 1

Guest diogo_sg
Fine, it's just that they're really good and for me theyve lasted a long time and they're still bringing good quality music. But fine, I just wanted to share my music equipment.

[emoji14]

I'm gonna think about it. I might get a cheap but quality model. I don't know [emoji5]

I was thinking about this the other day. Why do I like some songs? And I thought I like the guitar riff in some songs (Spies), the bass in Magic or Things I Don't Understand, the drums in ETIAW, Chris voice in Amazing Day or UATW, or the way the band sound in Viva La Vida.

What about you? What do you like from a specific song?

• Like 3

I was thinking about this the other day. Why do I like some songs? And I thought I like the guitar riff in some songs (Spies), the bass in Magic or Things I Don't Understand, the drums in ETIAW, Chris voice in Amazing Day or UATW, or the way the band sound in Viva La Vida.

What about you? What do you like from a specific song?

Oooh nice question, here are my favourites:

- Violet Hill's intro

- Clock's background synth

- the intro of the Live DVD 2003 Yellow version

SYNTH ORGASM RIGHT THERE. I will forever love this

- Daylight's bass (especially toward the end where Chris repeats "slowly breaking through the daylight" over and over again)

- Easy To Please's background noises and Chris really high vocals (and the very soft echo of them)

- During Fix You, towards the end, there's this one guitar that starts playing at around 3:57~4:00 something. It sounds like a bass guitar I think. It just adds something to the already epic outro

- The outro soundscape of Speed of Sound. I think it's the guitar that creates this strange raw sound slowly drowning out, I just love it

- In the Intro of Life In Technicolor there's a riff Jonny plays that you can only clearly hear live, it's very ambient like:

it starts at 00:20. I have other recordings where it is much subtler which I prefer

- Up With The Birds, when Chris starts singing "the sky is blue" somewhere at the 00:42 mark and that giant rich soundscape kicks in, jESUS :dead:

- Prospekts March, when this line starts "but here I lie on my own in a seperate sky" the synths or whatever it is playing in the background, it's so emotional. I wish I had the instrumental of that song. And the outro is also fantastic, that guitar sounds so sad..

- Fun, the guitar. I only like this song because of that depressing guitar haha

• Like 4

^^ I also like the intro for Yellow in the Live 2003 it's so perfect!

Easy to Please is also one of my favorite songs. Chris plays with his voice and goes from low to high so easily.

Prospekt's March is the saddest song but at the same time the most beautiful. The whole band takes part in a specific moment which makes it sound great.

And that version of Life in Technicolor is one of the best I've heard. Plus the quality is so good I could hear the instruments. Funnily, I like the cymbals in this specific video. They add a great sound like the bell in VLV.

- Up With The Birds, when Chris starts singing "the sky is blue" somewhere at the 00:42 mark and that giant rich soundscape kicks in, jESUS :dead:

By the way, it's my new fav Coldplay song.

Every single bit of that song is perfect. From the way it starts, all low and sad, than it explodes into that, this massive soundscape that goes on for a minute or so, is just wonderful, then it all ends there with him singing "Up withh the birds..." Swear that makes me cry every time. Then the strings always hit me... (transitions to next part) The opening guitar in the first part is fantastic. Chris' vocals combined with the strings after that, again, just perfect. Drums kick in and the "Simple thought, but I know one day, good things are coming our way" -- not the most advanced lyrics (as the "A simple thought/plot" explains, which I like). It just gets better, with one of the most beautiful pieces of music ever writen. "YEAHHHHHHH" then it drops and the piano outro.... don't care what anyone says, best part of any song ever written, hands down. Up With The Birds is absolutely fantastic, Coldplay's true, and not well known, masterpiece. There are no words to describe it.

I wish there'd be another song out there like it. I heard someone else say that they're making an album (it's a user on this forum) and one of the songs is going to be an even more euphoric version of UWTB. Don't know how that's even possible but if he makes it happen I will totally do something to make his year.

• Like 1

- Prospekts March, when this line starts "but here I lie on my own in a seperate sky" the synths or whatever it is playing in the background, it's so emotional. I wish I had the instrumental of that song. And the outro is also fantastic, that guitar sounds so sad..

The only other Coldplay song that can make me cry other than UWTB. That line hits me every time. :cry: I love the background noise or whatever you'd call it that starts right around a minute into the song with the lyrics "Drums, here it comes" The way he sings it and the background noise always make me cry when it comes. That "background noise" always gives me a warm feeling but along with Chris' vocals simply make me cry. It places #7 on my Coldplay list. (And I tell you those other 6 songs are pretty freaking good if it can beat Prospekt's March). I think of Prospekt's March as a sadder, calmer, and quieter UWTB. IMO, it's the saddest song Coldplay have made, with "But here I lie on my own in a seperate sky" being Coldplay's saddest lyric.

• Like 1

- In the Intro of Life In Technicolor there's a riff Jonny plays that you can only clearly hear live, it's very ambient like:

That actually sounds soooo good... I never heard that before. I only heard the studio version till now.

Guest kmm1482

It don't get no better than Strawberry Swing. The lyrics are simple, yet not pandering and infantile. And how he doesn't (at least not audibly) complete the whole "Sky could be blue"/"without you I'm just miles away" line is something we don't hear often anymore, that improvised feel to a song. To me, Viva felt like the band at their closest, personally, to each other. Like they were having the most fun. It kind of seems like an obligation to them now.

^^Especially the way you can hear them talking at the beginning and end of the song. And the clapping sounds real like it was recorded in an empty room....not like the silly background claps that run throughout AHFOD