✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

===The Ultimate Coldplaying Thread===S, BS, BR, P, AROBTTH, X&Y, VLV, PM, MX, GS, AHFOD===

EasySuperstition99

That's one of my least favorite songs. I like the rhythm and music, but the way Chris sings on it is boring IMO. And I can't talk about the lyrics because I can't even remember them lol. By the way, I had to listen to it to understand what you're talking about lol

I like Daylight because it has very nice lyrics actually! I mean, Chris is basically just singing about friggn' light, but he words it very nicely, and dramatically, with the rather gloomy vibe the song itself has. He could also be singing about the world's end with that melody going on lol.

I think this reads also very great if you don't know the song at all:

On a hilltop

On a sky-rise

Like a firstborn

Child

And at full tilt

And in full flight

Defeat darkness

Breaking daylight

• Like 1

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh my God they're freaking babies

no wait they're my age on that pic

Trust me on this...we boys mature WAY slower than you girls hehe It takes us ages to stop looking like babies haha On the plus side we age slower, so there you go....natura balance haha

Trust me on this...we boys mature WAY slower than you girls hehe It takes us ages to stop looking like babies haha On the plus side we age slower, so there you go....natura balance haha

Your gender is freaking confusing with changing of the sound of your voice in your teens, one moment sounding like a crying baby and the next like freaking Morgan Freeman, but still looking like babies.

• Like 3

Your gender is freaking confusing with changing of the sound of your voice in your teens, one moment sounding like a crying baby and the next like freaking Morgan Freeman, but still looking like babies.

Haha Yep I know all about it...Puberty is tough haha the girls looking all perfect and grown up and us looking like fools LOL We make up for it past 30 though haha. Thats why I think a man´s best age is definitely 30 and upwards, thats when we start to get it all together and be even worthy og girls attention *LOL*

• Like 2

Haha Yep I know all about it...Puberty is tough haha the girls looking all perfect and grown up and us looking like fools LOL We make up for it past 30 though haha. Thats why I think a man´s best age is definitely 30 and upwards, thats when we start to get it all together and be even worthy og girls attention *LOL*

Fair enough! :lol: Well looking at the Coldplay fellas I fully agree on the "best age is definitely 30 and upwards" hahahah.

But girls also cheat a lot in terms of trying to look older with clothes and make-up and everything, so we're all basically babies faking our way into adulthood... whatever that is :awesome:

• Like 1

I like Daylight because it has very nice lyrics actually! I mean, Chris is basically just singing about friggn' light, but he words it very nicely, and dramatically, with the rather gloomy vibe the song itself has. He could also be singing about the world's end with that melody going on lol.

I think this reads also very great if you don't know the song at all:

On a hilltop

On a sky-rise

Like a firstborn

Child

And at full tilt

And in full flight

Defeat darkness

Breaking daylight

That's right. The lyrics are great. And I don't hate the song, it's just one of those songs I rarely listen to. The main reason is Chris' voice. I like how he changed the tone in Yes and Chinese Sleep Chant, or his high pitch on Easy to Please.

• Like 1

But girls also cheat a lot in terms of trying to look older with clothes and make-up and everything, so we're all basically babies faking our way into adulthood... whatever that is :awesome:

Hmm sure hehe But even without makeup you look grown up (and much prettier hehe) so much earlier than us and lets not forget you are also more mature than us way earlier haha Not only looks hehe Im 35 and I still play Spider-Man hanging from branches *LOL*

• Like 1

That's one of my least favorite songs. I like the rhythm and music, but the way Chris sings on it is boring IMO. And I can't talk about the lyrics because I can't even remember them lol. By the way, I had to listen to it to understand what you're talking about lol

Haha yeah Daylight was always one of the songs I always skipped. But then I started listening to it more and realized it's actually quite fire lol

• Like 1

I hope oldplayers don't come over here to say our taste in music is rubbish lol :gossip:

It feels like something is missing. And it's very forgettable.

I'll add to the list A Spell A Rebel Yell. I can't even listen to it.

I kinda like that actually. I like the psychedelic vibe hehe

My opinion on ASARY: I love the massive sound it has to it. It keeps me interested throughout the whole song and I definetely rank it in my top 10 Viva songs.

However, the sound does sound a little messy somehow lol, that's one of the things about it, they may have overdone it a little bit.

As for Daylight, the song is really fine, but compared to all the AROBTTH songs it has nothing special that defines it, really. Every other AROBTTH song (even A Whisper) has something about it that's unique and makes the song extremely enjoyable in it's own way. Yes, Daylight is unique, but there's nothing specifically that's actually good about it that makes it a uniquely good song, you know what I mean? That's why in my opinion the song is a little forgettable. The way it's set up is also kind of bland, I mean there's not really a "interesting" part in it if you know what I mean. Now, there might actually be an interesting part in it but I don't listen to it much because again there's nothing that makes it extra special or anything. It does have some uniqueness to it but IMO it's "just another song". Not anything too special about it. I know I've been saying that a lot of the time but that's why I don't rank it as high as other Coldplay songs. The piano is a nice addition however, but it doesn't really do much in the song, like many of the other instruments. Most of them are there because they're just... there. Unlike in other AROBTTH songs, where they actually do something. There we go. After 10 lines I think I finally found another reason why it may not appeal to you nor me. :D

The lyrics actually flow very well with the song themselves though. That's something I like about it (then again, nearly every AROBTTH song has good lyrics, so there's the "uniqueness" issue again)

Chris Martin's vocals however, while fitting with the song, are just kind of bland, boring, and not all that special or great. Yes, it's unique, since he rarely does sing like that (and that's a unique feature of Daylight but again it's not neccesarily "good", that's the difference) however the vocals themselevs are probably some of the worst of his. Definetely the worst of AROBTTH. I even prefer the "Newplay" Chris' vocals to Daylight's vocals, overall.

Now you know all about my opinion as a whole on Daylight, in the form of 15 lines!:D

My opinion on ASARY: I love the massive sound it has to it. It keeps me interested throughout the whole song and I definetely rank it in my top 10 Viva songs.

However, the sound does sound a little messy somehow lol, that's one of the things about it, they may have overdone it a little bit.

I love A Spell A Rebel Yell! Actually my copy sounds really weird (even weirder than the song is intended to be), 'cause the vinyl I got with the NME is bent, lol. :laugh4:

Reminds me of really good times when living in England.

• Like 2

I love A Spell A Rebel Yell! Actually my copy sounds really weird (even weirder than the song is intended to be), 'cause the vinyl I got with the NME is bent, lol. :laugh4:

Reminds me of really good times when living in England.

The only copy I got is on vinyl too haha and yes I have the same memories you got of my years living in London :)

Am I the only one here who really likes the weird atmosphere that Daylight creates?

I love that song:D

It certainly IS a weird atmosphere haha but all those dissonant chords do funny thing to my stomach and not in the pleasant way haha

It's an interesting track for sure though.

• Like 1

Am I the only one here who really likes the weird atmosphere that Daylight creates?

After listening to it a lot after Guy said it was his favorite, I like the atmosphere. I had also never paid attention to the lyrics before, and they are quite beautiful if you ask me. And I see why Guy likes it; the bass line is incredible!

Oh and about A Spell a Rebel Yell....that would have been a cool, experimental sound for future songs after Viva

• Like 1

After listening to it a lot after Guy said it was his favorite, I like the atmosphere. I had also never paid attention to the lyrics before, and they are quite beautiful if you ask me. And I see why Guy likes it; the bass line is incredible!

Oh and about A Spell a Rebel Yell....that would have been a cool, experimental sound for future songs after Viva

Post of the thread.

• Like 1

Is it just me or do you think that ASARY would have sounded good before Fun and after AOAL on AHFOD?

I enjoy the song when I don't pay attention to what Chris is singing. It's easy for me to just listen to his voice as English isn't my mother tongue. I think his voice is used as an instrument and Jonny do great backing vocals. I think I prefer to listen to an instrumental version because the rest of the band did a good job in this song.