✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Why do I dislike AHFOD so much?

Guest howyousawtheworld

A band's music has to evolve, they can't and shouldn't produce the same work all the time. I have been a fan since they released 'Parachutes' and although their style of music has changed with each album they have a,ways retained that signature sound.

I love the new album, especially 'HFTW', 'Army of One' and 'HFOD'. For me the new album offers me hope for the future, which is great because I could really do with it.

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest howyousawtheworld
Birds most definitely isn't lyrically better than Yellow, in fact there's no comparison. Yellow is much, much better it's a simple beautiful love song.

Was just going to post the same thing. Everyone knows the words to Yellow because it's so simple yet elegant. They just flowed with the melody.

Birds is no Yellow but it is easily the best song on the album and is excellent. It's actually nice to hear Johnny given the respect he deserves. These days you can really only fully appreciate just how brilliant a guitarist he is when you hear them perform live and his guitar is driving the songs on as opposed to being drowned underneath the vocal and production mess of the songs. That song along with AHFOD and AOAL (if only for it's catchy melody and relatively undisturbed production) would be the ones I would tell people to download. I'd tell them to forget the rest and stay well away from HFTW and Army of One/X Marks The Spot.

Also thanks NativeGirl for writing down those lyrics from HFTW. They really are bloody awful whether sung or written down.

Guest LiquidSky

Man, the feels on this thread....

I listened to the album, then I happened to read this thread (completely), from old fans, from new fans... and this is all that comes to mind:

"oh, it's such a shame for us to part,

Nobody said it was easy,

no one said it would be so hard..."

I'm an oldplayer but you oldplayers take the cake. This album is better than the contrived bland x&y. AROBTTH is number 1 for me then Parachutes.

And chris was totally obsessed with pop back then - Justin Timberlake, Kylie Minogue repeated covers and comments about how much he admired them. The difference is now he is older and he has enough confidence to do things that he always wanted to do.

AHFOD isn't great but it is better than X&Y and MX

• Like 3

I'm an oldplayer but you oldplayers take the cake. This album is better than the contrived bland x&y. AROBTTH is number 1 for me then Parachutes.

And chris was totally obsessed with pop back then - Justin Timberlake, Kylie Minogue repeated covers and comments about how much he admired them. The difference is now he is older and he has enough confidence to do things that he always wanted to do.

It's really not better than X&Y, it's not even better than MX. Some of the songs are inexcusable on AHFOD, the same couldn't be said for MX or X&Y. AHFOD is just a terrible album from songwriting to production.

X&Y is a 1,000 times superior to AHFOD. How can you compare songs like Fix You, Swallowed in the Sea, and Till Kingdom Come to songs like Everglow, Hymn and Up&Up?

• Like 1

Guest howyousawtheworld

Just read the Drowned In Sound review. A painful but necessary 3/10. They even included the brutal 'drinks on me' inspiration behind HFTW.

Brutal. Utterly brutal.

It's the end of an era. 'They're selling hippie wigs in Woolworths man'