✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Why do I dislike AHFOD so much?

Guest howyousawtheworld

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes! I can't say that I'm a superfan, but I do love the rich history of the SW universe :) I'm actually trying to get more in to it! But truly, I am more of a Marvel fan :)

Oh dont get me started on Marvel haha Massive fan! :D And I also love Superman. I bought a small fortune in comic books when I first arrived to California a month ago haha

• Like 1

How come I agree with every single thing you say? :)

I also agree with him lol specially the next quote.

Hmm you know I think we do live in a beautiful world, its only a matter of knowing where to look and what to look for ;) Variety can also be beautiful and I truly agree with the sentiment of AHFOD that all challenges ultimately hold a gift that better our life. I used to be skeptic about this, but by now I´ve noticed it to be very true of all challenges. If you are willing to see the gift, it will be there and the same for the beauty :) Kinda irritating isn't it how our perception is so determinant in what we see ! hehe :) But then again its also an empowering thought :)

Sometimes I also get angry with what some fans are saying about the recent albums Coldplay have done. But I remember to myself it's good to express the things we don't like or disagree. There is a sense of freedom when we say what we think or believe. However, we tend to be rude in some cases especially when we're behind a computer. There's no need to try to convince others that the ideas we express are the truth and there's no need to imply that what others say is an insult to our own ideas. We live in a beautiful world. I'm blessed for being around wonderful people that's why I agree with what Coldplay want to share in AHFOD. This forum is a great example of a great place where we share our opinions. Even we support each other in the difficult times, it doesn't matter if we're in different sides of the world.

• Like 5

Oh dont get me started on Marvel haha Massive fan! :D And I also love Superman. I bought a small fortune in comic books when I first arrived to California a month ago haha

2016 is gonna be a great year for comic book fans! Captain America Civil War, Batman V Superman, X-men Apocolypse, and Deadpool! And we get Star Wars right before the year starts! :D

Too off topic? :P

A little off topic but it's better if you say "amen sister" as I'm a girl :p

You know...I just cant....*goes and hides himself in the closet and never comes out* Now you´re the third person I incorrectly call a guy. I honestly think its the avatar pics. Since Coldplay are all guys, every time I see an avatar with them my brain automatically goes "guy" *LOL*

Amen sister :)

• Like 1

Btw I like your nickname and for some reason it always reminds me of Harry Potter, I have not figured out why yet haha :)

The actor who plays Snape is Alan Rickman. Snape's first name is Severus. Combine Rickman and Severus, and you get Rikulus. Is that it?

• Like 1

The actor who plays Snape is Alan Rickman. Snape's first name is Severus. Combine Rickman and Severus, and you get Rikulus. Is that it?

You know what? The Severus connection actually makes sense :) It must it, coupled with the fact that "rikulus" might also sound like a cool spell, like I dont know "lumus" hehe

• Like 1

You know...I just cant....*goes and hides himself in the closet and never comes out* Now you´re the third person I incorrectly call a guy. I honestly think its the avatar pics. Since Coldplay are all guys, every time I see an avatar with them my brain automatically goes "guy" *LOL*

Amen sister :)

Don't worry. Plus my nickname doesn't help too much lol and it doesn't matter at all. We're here in this forum discussing our thoughts about an album that has brought a diversity of opinions.

• Like 1

Guest howyousawtheworld
My letter suggestion was not meant as in "send Chris this letter, he's gonna change it then !" It was meant as in "I'd really like it if among the hundreds of fan messages that may or may not reach them by teenage fangirls telling them how A Sky Full Of Stars was the best song ever I think it would be cool if critical perceptions like this one were among it". Other than that, I agree with the sentiment that AHFOD is, to a certain extent, a reflection of life in Chris Martins's Malibu celeb bubble. I don't deny he has deeper thoughts and feelings, but if he has AHFOD does not convey them. It conveys this shallow "Be happy every moment - see every sunise as a gift - oh I'm feeling so alive- woohooo !"

Radiohead have a song called Fake Plastic Trees, and this title reminds me that was Coldplay is trying to express and make at the moment would qualify as fake plastic pop.

May be difficult to relate to if you are worried about where you might be in 5 years and if you still will have the same job and if you can still support your family and all that.

Some people called it hippie, I say calling it hippie is an insult to real hippies and their music. Hippies didn't live like Chris Martin lives now, they would abhor that kind of lifestyle.

Great stuff mate. Call me prejudiced or just call me averse to vulgar materialism but the LA lifestyle really is one that is rancid in the extreme and the pop music that comes out of it proves that.

Musicians are artists. Coldplay used to create music that was art. Now they are just a celeb pandering vehicle for people like Perez Hilton to have a heart attack over.

Guest howyousawtheworld
Thanks for creating this thread [uSER=37087]@howyousawtheworld[/uSER], really!

Still really interesting, fascinating and important reading through all those various posts. Each of them has its own entitlement.

Thanks! If we allowed all posts to abide by the 'hey they're doing something that they love, woo goo, COLDPLAY ARE THE BEST LOL' then it's helpless.

I think people should start treating them and judging them by their musical standards as opposed to who they are as people. I listen to them to seek good music, not because I like who they are which, judging by a lot of posts on here, is the way it goes for some people. Being nice guys means fuck all when you're creating shit, uninspired music.

I genuinely think Chris Martin could take a shit on stage, wrap it in a towel and fling it at the audience and some fan girls/fan boys on here would bang on about how much they loved it.

For me, I appreciate their older songs like Fix You, Swallowed in the Sea, The Scientist, Warning Sign, Proof because the lyrics were profound and poetic and the melodies were beautiful yet understated. Their new songs on AHFOD for the most part in my opinion is just a bunch of songs without any rhyme or reason or cohesion. It sounds like songs that were cut from MX and Ghost Stories and just put together on AHFOD. If I were them Id actually be a bit ashamed I put out an album like this. It's definitely not their best work. I think we can all agree on that last statement.

Exactly how I see this album. A bunch of songs put together. It doesnt feel like an album at all. All the other cds felt like albums even though on GS, ASFOS didnt make much sense to me. They could've saved it for AHFOD!

The good thing is that because of this album I've been warming up to certain songs on GS that were quite mehh to me before :)

• Like 1

Guest howyousawtheworld
You proved my point exactly. For a lot of people its unthinkable that a serious artist could dance and have fun. He has got to be a tortured soul, otherwise he is not genuine. I respect your point of view, but I cant agree with it and I think its a bit old-fashioned. I have in my life both been very serious and somber and also jumped around happy and smiling like a child...am I then genuine during the former, fake during the latter? I hardly think so :)

I am more weary of people taking themselves too seriously than people taking things lightly. The former actually tend to want to please more than the latter.

The Beatles, The Beach Boys, U2, The Flaming Lips - all serious artists that showed they could have 'fun' without descending into garish mainstream pop shit.

To distill the argument into mainstream pop cack vs tortured soul music as you have done is basic in the extreme.