✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[2016-02-24] Coldplay Nominated for Best British Album & Group @ BRIT Awards

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations to Coldplay for winning Best British Group - breaking a record for that category. Very well done and so deserved.

not only that, they are now the most decorated band in brits history with 9 wins!

I'm not sure if Will's voice was live, because sometimes he goes a little further from the microphone, and then back again when he's singing. While his voice can be heard as much. (2:44 on YouTube)

His voice sounds live I have to say.

I think Will's voice microphone is set to be pretty sensitive so that he can be more flexible in drumming and singing at the same time. Those are also quite high notes at that point in the song, so they are therefore louder due to being higher, which lets you get away with pulling back from the mic anyways (otherwise it would overload the mic). Also he seems to make a couple small mistakes here and there / he sounds strained at like 2:57.

• Like 1

There are so many songs where Will's vocals aren't live I'd be surprised if they were in this performance. His voice did sound more raw than usually, so maybe it was a take done specifically for live performances; possibly even for just this one.

I also thought he always sang live in Magic until I watched the St John's Hackney Church performance, where you can see him stopping too early and hear the audio continuing.

I'm convinced he's singing live in the Live Lounge performance though. For that performance of Magic they also got rid of the acoustic guitar in the backing track, probably for the same reason: the intimacy of this particular setting.

Edit: Can't find any video of the Hackney Church performance, sadly. I guess it's understandable though: it must be very hard to do backing vocals well while drumming at the same time.

I think Jo Whiley is on now talking about the Brits last night and will have on some interviews

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio2

[MEDIA=twitter]702948196432089089[/MEDIA]

Mobile Link: https://twitter.com/BBCRadio2/status/702948196432089089

[MEDIA=twitter]702946439366836224[/MEDIA]

Mobile Link: https://twitter.com/jowhiley/status/702946439366836224

• Like 1

There are so many songs where Will's vocals aren't live

I agree, but I'm sure that Will always sings in a live performance, you can see it on his face. He sings with emotion. For example; in a live performance of Adventure Of A Lifetime when the part "If we've only got this life..." begins, we can hear Will loud and clear. But they always use his recorded voice which they used at the NRJ Music Awards ! I listened to it many times and I'm sure about it.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Z220 met Tapatalk

I agree, but I'm sure that Will always sings in a live performance, you can see it on his face. He sings with emotion. For example; in a live performance of Adventure Of A Lifetime when the part "If we've only got this life..." begins, we can hear Will loud and clear. But they always use his recorded voice which they used at the NRJ Music Awards ! I listened to it many times and I'm sure about it.

Right, I've no doubt that he's actually singing, it's just a question of whether or not what he's singing is also what we hear.

• Like 1

I haven't heard Chris sing well live in a long time. The tour will be horrible if he sounds like this every night.

Have you heard this then?

I don't think its a valid argument if you say his singing is not well here.

Although I do agree on the point that Chris' voice in general has had better days. But I think it's mostly to do with the songs he writes and not necessarily his singing abilities/having a cold. Songs like The Scientist, Everglow, Charlie Brown, AHFOD are more easy for him to sing than songs like HFTW, AOAL, Up&Up and ASFOS. Chris should keep in mind that he hasn't got the voice of Beyoncé and adjust (by writing songs he can actually sing good live) a bit to it I guess.

• Like 3

Have you heard this then?

I don't think its a valid argument if you say his singing is not well here.

Although I do agree on the point that Chris' voice in general has had better days. But I think it's mostly to do with the songs he writes and not necessarily his singing abilities/having a cold. Songs like The Scientist, Everglow, Charlie Brown, AHFOD are more easy for him to sing than songs like HFTW, AOAL, Up&Up and ASFOS. Chris should keep in mind that he hasn't got the voice of Beyoncé and adjust (by writing songs he can actually sing good live) a bit to it I guess.

Yes I have heard it. You're right, he sounds good singing songs like Everglow, but AOAL and HFTW are just not suitable for his declining vocal abilities.

• Like 1

listen to the interview here

[parsehtml]<iframe width="400" height="500" frameborder="0" src="http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p03kntw4/player"></iframe>[/parsehtml]mobile link

such a nice interview! it is always much better with interviewers such as Greg James & Jo Whiley (Remember all those horrible American stupid radio interviews?)

Good to know how he feels about the super bowl performance & the idea behind it. :)

I also thought he always sang live in Magic until I watched the St John's Hackney Church performance, where you can see him stopping too early and hear the audio continuing.

I'm convinced he's singing live in the Live Lounge performance though. For that performance of Magic they also got rid of the acoustic guitar in the backing track, probably for the same reason: the intimacy of this particular setting.

Edit: Can't find any video of the Hackney Church performance, sadly. I guess it's understandable though: it must be very hard to do backing vocals well while drumming at the same time.

Do you mean this (full) show at BBC Radio1 in the Hackney Church, it's just on YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqIVkWFoJTM

Mobile Link: https://youtu.be/hqIVkWFoJTM

I noticed that the backingtracks of Will's voice are louder in some performances, but less in others.

For example: At this performance we can hear that this is Will's live voice: (1:17 --- 1:34)

And in this we nearly can't hear him live because they also used Will's backingtrack voice in it: (at 2:33 --- 2:36 you can see that Will stops too early with singing (same thing like jossec said) while his voice continues with the higher notes "body.. you".

I am also a bit worried for the tour after hearing the NME set and now this....
Have you guys checked out the periscope or some vids from the War Child concert? Chris' voice sounded pretty good, back to his usual self. The reason we haven't heard Chris sing well in a while is because they've only done Superbowl, NME and BRITs, so far this year, all three situations in which his voice was doomed to sound average at best. Superbowl was probably the most stressed he's ever been, on top of all the running, the NME is a booze fest and he was clearly distracted by the event, and well the BRITs is TV + he was def saving himself for the War Child concert, where he sounded just fine.

So I wouldn't worry for the tour.

• Like 2

Excellent thank you! Chris playing acoustic guitar on ETIAW is a first. :O

Yes! I noticed that too :surprised:

But there's more ! I just found these videos on YouTube, someone just uploaded them ! Thanks to TheBenno7 !!!

This is a GREAT concert !!!! imo

Very funny:D

• Like 1