✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[2016-02-24] Coldplay Nominated for Best British Album & Group @ BRIT Awards

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So Adele just lost from 1D for Best British artist video? :confused:

How did that happen?

Well it was really just a video of a bunch of leaves flying around and her sitting in the house she finally finished building since Rolling in the Deep.

full hymn performance is here

coldplay-brit-awards-2016-performance-video-11.jpg

Hopefully the pre-chorus gets sorted out when it's in their own production environment. I could barely hear Chris during it.

So Adele just lost from 1D for Best British artist video? :confused:

How did that happen?

If it's a music video award it's understandable. Adele doesn't really do anything spectacular in her videos.

Chris sounded... Blech. But nice instrumentals tho. I'm wondering, are there any medical conditions that can arise from straining your voice hard for many years? I don't know if it's just old age either. All singers do depreciate in vocals over time, but still sound fairly strong in the end. I'm worried about Chris though.

And does Coldplay have a snapchat account?

• Like 1

Chris may have had an off night with his voice, maybe he has a cold. I cannot even imagine the pressure they are under to perform at the Brits. I can assure you the tour will not be horrible, far from it!:cool3:

It was a glorious performance and they must be bursting with pride tonight.

• Like 1

I've just watched the performance and I agree Chris voice wasn't good. Will did a great job. The visuals were fantastic and the instrumental part was perfect. But the best part was knowing Coldplay won Best British Group and that they received the award from Simon Pegg!!! February 2016 won't be forgotten!!!

• Like 3

I'm finally caught up. I'm loving Will doing the Beyoncé parts, I hope it's like that on the tour too - he should sing more often.

I also liked Chris on the piano and Jonny and Guy playing the small electronic drum kits, it looks more authentic I guess. (Btw seeing Guy play = major Lost! vibes :wacky:)

• Like 3

I'm finally caught up. I'm loving Will doing the Beyoncé parts, I hope it's like that on the tour too - he should sing more often.

I also liked Chris on the piano and Jonny and Guy playing the small electronic drum kits, it looks more authentic I guess. (Btw seeing Guy play = major Lost! vibes :wacky:)

Yeah! Totally agree. Will's sounds amazing as always. It makes me think of that one part of Ink where he sings an "oooooh" and everyone thought it was Rihanna. :p But yeah....I like Beyonce's part but there's a really nice authenticity to Will singing those parts....it's like the Princess of China version that never was. (Will was originally supposed to be the duet partner, I've heard) And yeah, Jonny playing drums is something we've never seen I don't think. Though later on the piano is on the backing track coz Chris is running around yet there's still piano. Also the horns and bass during the "drink from me" section seem to be on a backing track. But also you can tell the piano's not fully backing track since there's an extra note at the beginning and of course the Chris outro. It was cool to see all this though since the past couple performances of HFTW have Chris totally running around and Beyonce on a backing track. I'm a bit obsessive about this sort of thing. :p

I'm not sure if Will's voice was live, because sometimes he goes a little further from the microphone, and then back again when he's singing. While his voice can be heard as much. (2:44 on YouTube)

His voice sounds live I have to say.