Concert Intros

Guest diogo_sg

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest diogo_sg

I still wonder why they are using "O mio babbino caro" for such an uplifting and joyful tour...

Guest diogo_sg

From Wikipedia (not sure how reliable this is): "The introductory music played at the start of each concert was either Brand Nubian's "Meaning of the 5%" or "Tomorrow Never Knows" by The Beatles. The closing music is "Good Night" by The Beatles."

Thank you [emoji16]

If someone can confirm this, please let me know [emoji1]

I don't know but it really gives me goosebumps... like that feeling that something's about to happen

It's a beautiful piece of music and I can only imagine the feeling of hearing it at the concert, knowinf that your favourite band is about to enter the stage! But the meaning is so dark!! Why use it in such a colourful tour?!

Guest diogo_sg

Anyone feeling anything yet while listening to this? :awesome:

Are they using this during this tour? When?

Guest diogo_sg
this plays usually in the hours before Coldplay comes on stage. It belongs to the chill/ambient songs that play all the time before and between the support acts.

Ah ok. Thank you!! Have they been using this in all tours?!

Ah ok. Thank you!! Have they been using this in all tours?!

A friend of mine has told me they have been playing it since the X&Y tour (he was there). And I believe this track came out at 2007 so that would be possible.

Guest diogo_sg
A friend of mine has told me they have been playing it since the X&Y tour (he was there). And I believe this track came out at 2007 so that would be possible.

Hum ok. Thank you very much! [emoji16]

I still wonder why they are using "O mio babbino caro" for such an uplifting and joyful tour...

I think it is a beautiful piece and joyful in its own way. Also, it does give this goosebumpy feeling that something great is about to start...

• Like 2

I think it is a beautiful piece and joyful in its own way. Also, it does give this goosebumpy feeling that something great is about to start...

Also you should hear my friend Claire sing along to it :nod:

It's pretty fucking amazing how loud she can be and how long she can hold a note for :lol:

• Like 1

Guest diogo_sg

It is beautiful, I agree. But it's also very dark - it's about suicide!! Maybe they're using it just for its beauty or maybe to show people that after dark times (when they play this song) there can be very colourful moments (the show they're about to give). If that's really what they're doing, it's a pretty interesting kind of metaphor.

It is beautiful, I agree. But it's also very dark - it's about suicide!! Maybe they're using it just for its beauty or maybe to show people that after dark times (when they play this song) there can be very colourful moments (the show they're about to give). If that's really what they're doing, it's a pretty interesting kind of metaphor.

I'm not an opera expert, but isn't it also about loving someone or something so much that you would die for it? Sounds like my love for Coldplay. :D ;)

But I also think that it could mark a transition from darker to something light and colourful. The Chaplin speech works like this as well, saying that misery, bitterness and hate is upon us, but that it will pass if we unite and that the people have the power to turn it into something wonderful. Then: Boom, colours!

Or they just liked it without any deeper meaning, lol. :P

Guest diogo_sg
I'm not an opera expert, but isn't it also about loving someone or something so much that you would die for it? Sounds like my love for Coldplay. :D ;)

But I also think that it could mark a transition from darker to something light and colourful. The Chaplin speech works like this as well, saying that misery, bitterness and hate is upon us, but that it will pass if we unite and that the people have the power to turn it into something wonderful. Then: Boom, colours!

Or they just liked it without any deeper meaning, lol. :P

I'm not an opera expert either, haha! Maybe it's about that too; I honestly don't know :embarrassed:

Yess!! That beautiful speech makes the intro a gazillion times more meaningful!!!!

ess!! That beautiful speech makes the intro a gazillion times more meaningful!!!!

Does anyone else love the part when it says "a wonderful adventure" right before AHFOD sets in ? And then when it echoes again in different pitches "a wonderful adventure....a wonderful adventure....a wonderful adventure" after a few seconds, right before the first riff. After my MetLife show i woke up in the middle of the night because it was so hot and these words were stuck in my head ! I also have a video of it and I often rewatched this moment because it was so amazing.

• Like 6

Guest diogo_sg
Does anyone else love the part when it says "a wonderful adventure" right before AHFOD sets in ? And then when it echoes again in different pitches "a wonderful adventure....a wonderful adventure....a wonderful adventure" after a few seconds, right before the first riff. After my MetLife show i woke up in the middle of the night because it was so hot and these words were stuck in my head ! I also have a video of it and I often rewatched this moment because it was so amazing.

Oh my God, are you serious?! I've been repeating that line in my head everytime I hear AHFOD!! It just suits the song so well and it's also extremely catchy!! They echoing effect works perfectly too. I wish they had included the speech in the album.

The truth is, as English isn't my first language, I didn't payed attention to what the person was saying. Moreover, people was screaming so loud (and so I was) and very excited to see the band for the first time that the first thing that came to my mind was "this person is cheering us up" lol. But, then I came here and I realised that speech is much more meaningful than I thought. now each time I hear it on a live stream it gives me hope and that specific line helps me to keep moving forward.

• Like 2

I loved the Blue Danube Waltz. Got a great video of it from Anaheim. Love everyone on the floor swaying to it, I couldn't help but sway too. The way the song builds and builds and then the lights cut out. Perfect!

• Like 3

• 1 month later...