✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Concert Intros

Guest diogo_sg

Guest diogo_sg

Coldplay have a history of having an ambient track that plays before the concert opener kicks in. Here you can discuss about those songs.

--------------------------------------------------------------

* Parachutes Tour - Man With a Harmonica by Ennio Morricone (from Once Upon A Time In The West).

* AROBTTH Tour - Liquid ambience (thanks for reminding me @I ran away :)).

* Twisted Logic Tour - Square One synths + countdown background.

* VLVODAAHF Tour - The Blue Danube by Johann Strauss.

* MX Tour - 99 Problems by Jay-Z + Back To The Future Theme Song.

* GS Tour - An Ending by Brian Eno.

* AHFOD Tour - O Mio Babbino Caro by Miriam Gauci + The Great Dictator speech by Charles Chaplin.

**Since the Twisted Logic Tour, the band has also been playing a handful of tracks (inc. White Diamond by Hatchback) before any acts perform.**

PS: my favourites are The Blue Danube from the Viva Tour and the BTTF Theme Song from the MX Tour.

Have fun! ;)

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest diogo_sg
My absolute favorite is the Liquid Ambience of the AROBTTH Tour. It is so beautiful and at the same time heavy that I think it should have been recorded and released as an extra track !

It could have been on the album before Politik [emoji7]

In Parachutes they had that harmonica one.

Not sure for Twisted Logic. My favourite is...

The Liquid Ambience or BTTF:D

Do you have a link for a video of the Parachutes one? I can't find anything resembling an harmonica! [emoji23]

Guest diogo_sg

Yeah, now I remember it. It's the theme of "Once Upon A Time In The West", in case you wanna adjust it in your original post [uSER=101247]@diogo_sg[/uSER] ! :)

Thank you both! Will edit the first post now ;)

As I mentioned in the other thread, the Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra playing 'The Blue Danube' brought me back to Viva times today. Funnily enough, when they finished it, my mind still went immediately to the LiT beginning. I listened to the tour bootlegs too much, I think. :D

I love a good intro song and how it can be something of a theme setter as well as almost a kind of Pavlovian trigger. This year I really, really loved U2's 'People Have The Power' intro and how it got the crowd going. I can still feel the excitement whenever I hear it.

Can't wait to see what Coldplay will choose for the AHFOD tour!

• Like 1

Guest diogo_sg
As I mentioned in the other thread, the Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra playing 'The Blue Danube' brought me back to Viva times today. Funnily enough, when they finished it, my mind still went immediately to the LiT beginning. I listened to the tour bootlegs too much, I think. :D

I love a good intro song and how it can be something of a theme setter as well as almost a kind of Pavlovian trigger. This year I really, really loved U2's 'People Have The Power' intro and how it got the crowd going. I can still feel the excitement whenever I hear it.

Can't wait to see what Coldplay will choose for the AHFOD tour!

Your post on the Random Coldplay Thoughts thread was the one that made think of creating this thread - thank you for that ;)

Whatever Coldplay use as an intro for this era, I'm sure it'll be epic - they said so in an interview (that their intros will be amazing). So excited! :D

I'm not familiar with the intros, so thanks for the thread @diogo_sd

And thanks for this video. It reminds me how much I love the Parachutes concerts because the first song they played was Spies. It wasn't their opening track in the album, but it was a great choice to start the show with the effects Jonny does in this song.

• Like 1

I'm not familiar with the intros, so thanks for the thread @diogo_sd

And thanks for this video. It reminds me how much I love the Parachutes concerts because the first song they played was Spies. It wasn't their opening track in the album, but it was a great choice to start the show with the effects Jonny does in this song.

Anytime friend:)

• Like 1

Guest diogo_sg
for some GS shows I believe the intro was "An Ending" by Brian Eno

Sent from my Death Star using Tapatalk

Thanks! Will edit the FP now :)

Guest diogo_sg
I think for most MX shows, 99 Problems by Jay Z played right before the lights turned off and the Back To The Future theme started.

Thanks! Will edit the info in the FP :)