✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[2016-08-06] Lincoln Financial Field, PHILADELPHIA, PA

finally posted my request video on instagram :dance: it's funny going through the tag and seeing how many people are bad at following the guidelines (like keeping it under 15 seconds). it gives me hope... although i don't really care if they pick my video or not, i just want to hear A Message live :P

Nice to see some love for this underrated gem :)

• Like 1

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey everyone! If someone is selling two (2) floor tickets to the show, please let me know!! My brother and I really want to go and since it's our first concert, we need the full experience! Haha. Preferably looking for F2,3,4,8,9 !!

My brother and fiance were unable to go at the last minute so I have an extra pair. I have them listed on Craigslist and I will sell them for what I bought them for $205 ea. and am even throwing in 2 sets of Coldplay coasters still in original wrapping as a bonus. If anyone else is interested please let me know. Thanks so much!

http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/tix/5706967765.html?lang=en&cc=us

Yes I'm looking for one , not the floor seats as I can not afford again:happy2:.. I'm looking for lower or upper level. Let me know if you have one.

thanks for reply.

I have one Ticket in section m13.

Is it ok for you ? You can get it for 150$.

Greetings :)

I have two VIP tickets in section F3 for the Philly show this Saturday. They changed the seating chart, so I am fairly confident these are right next to the runway in the sixth row in front of the stage. Includes early access, a pre-show lounge with food and beverages and tour goodies. I will sell the pair at a substantial discount and will have to meet you at LFF, since I have to pick up the tickets in person.

Two days away! I'm seated on the Floor, section 9, first row. Also, I'll be getting to the stadium once the parking gates open, if anyone else is planning on getting there early.

I'll be down there somewhere around 5:30 or so. Maybe 6. Bringing some family. Gonna hit Pats or Genos steaks before-hand. Even though I live here those steaks never get old. Did you guys see other shows? I saw the 2 NJ/NY and Boston too. Holy shit how great these guys are. I can't believe how many details they cover to put on the best show possible. I don't have to tell u guys, u already know, they aren't just there to collect a paycheck. They care and it shows!

• Like 2

I'll be down there somewhere around 5:30 or so. Maybe 6. Bringing some family. Gonna hit Pats or Genos steaks before-hand. Even though I live here those steaks never get old. Did you guys see other shows? I saw the 2 NJ/NY and Boston too. Holy shit how great these guys are. I can't believe how many details they cover to put on the best show possible. I don't have to tell u guys, u already know, they aren't just there to collect a paycheck. They care and it shows!

EVERY time I see a concert in Philly I hit up Pats and Geno's. It's this weird tradition I have. Sad I'm missing this one... Saw both NJ, Columbus, and Pittsburgh and my next and last one is Dallas. Have fun :)

I went to both NJ shows and I will also be going to Dallas. So excited the day is here!

This is an odd request. My friend works at a trade magazine and is working on an article about freight companies that handle concert transportation. The particular company for tour is X-Freighted. He needs photos showing the trucks for the concert gear at least the crew setting up the rigging, moving around the boxes, etc. Photo credit can be given. Thanks if anyone has any photos like that (btw, he said his co-worker already got Bruce pics from the Bruce board).

I have some deep connection with philly...so tonight even from europe i will feel like i'm there since it is philly...need to change not so nice memories from there into something colorfull and this concert gives me hope to do it...i'll be virtualy and spiritualy there tonight

wooohooo give me fireworks tonight babe :D :D :D

Coldplay // 8.6.16 // Philadelphia (Lincoln Financial Field)

I. Soundcheck

We arrived at the stadium at about 4:45pm. Walking up, I could hear Chris’s voice. Naturally, I took my phone out and the recording madness began…

Ink (sort of) – not sure what Chris is singing here, but you can hear the Ink guitar riff every now and then

Ink (for real)

AROBTTH (actual song starts at about 1:40)

One I Love

AHFOD

???

It was so cool to hear AROBTTH and One I Love – technically I can now say I’ve heard the band perform them live! Just not seen them perform it. :P And some of what they played I didn’t recognize, so if anyone can tell what those are (if not just random jamming) please let me know so I can update the video descriptions! :D

We met this one young guy who was here for his first Coldplay concert. He'd been a fan during MX tour but wasn't able to go to a show. He ended up having to leave to put his backpack into a locker, but we actually ran into him again inside. I didn't get his name or anything, but hope he had a great time!

II. Getting Upgraded In A Different Way

Some of you might have seen the outfit I made for this concert. I actually got quite a few compliments on my shoes before the show. When I showed up at LFF, I was all decked out with bracelets, glowsticks – I even brought my Mylo Xyloto doll back for the action (with a new white Xyloband and Love pin)! We made sure to stop by the Oxfam table and sign the Stand as One petition as well (and of course I went for the yellow bracelet). :D

IMG_20160806_175357_zps3lnppqun.jpg

My friend Maddie came with me to the concert, because the person I was supposed to go with originally couldn’t make it. However, we had seats way up in the nosebleeds and she has a definite fear of heights (which she thought she might be able to work through like she’s done in the past). We walked around the 100s section for a while, but even down there she was panicking a lot. The heat did very little to help.

We went up the escalator (because there weren’t any elevators up to the 200s) but only made it one flight up to the Club seats and we had to stop because her anxiety got really bad. One of the staff (didn’t get his name) came over and asked if she was OK and if there was anything he could do, like ask his supervisor if they had anything available in a lower section. So we sat down and after a few minutes this woman named Liz came over and she helped us exchange our tickets for seats in 114!!

IMG_20160806_190328_zpscgq3njgb.jpg

This was actually a really great spot, because we were on the end so no one blocked our view of any of the stages, and there was no one behind us so standing the entire show wasn't an issue (Maddie didn't stand the entire time, but I sure did). So, shoutout to the LFF staff for being so kind and helpful. I was worried Maddie would have to watch/listen from the outside where they sell the food like she said she was going to do. :|

I had hoped maybe we could get upgraded (like I did during MX tour) but neither of us expected to be upgraded in this way. :lol: And once we were in the process of having our tickets changed Maddie was able to calm down and the rest of the night was fine. We never made it up to the 200s, so I have no idea how high our original seats even were. :P

By the time we got to our seats, Foxes was already on. Both Foxes and Alessia Cara were really good. I felt bad, because I had to get up a few times during their sets to get some water (from the fountain, you know, for free – more on this later from Chris :P), but it was just so hot and I figured it was better to skip out than to die from dehydration.

Well, then soon enough (although it didn’t feel soon in the moment), the lights went down and Charlie Chaplin came over the speakers…

III. Coldplay Takes the Stage

It turns out there are very few songs I didn’t take video of. But you’ll probably see from the quality of the camera work that I mostly just held my phone and let it do all the work. So when Chris said, “When Will starts drumming, the hands go up!” my hands went up, even if I was holding my phone. :P

There were a few songs that the audience kinda quieted down for, but it felt like most of the time every single person in the stadium was super into it. Chris will always say to audiences that they’re the best audience the band has played for, but in this instance he could be telling the truth. ;) ("Maybe I'm biased, but I'm definitely right")

Fan intro video & band coming onstage

Chris talking at end of Yellow

End of ETIAW

The Scientist Singalong into Birds

The singalong was great, during both The Scientist and Fix You (which I didn’t get video of, so if anyone has it please post it! We all sounded great for those two seconds when Chris stopped playing the piano.)

Birds was probably the song I was most excited for. It has easily become my favorite off of AHFOD and it holds up just as well live. I might have been the only person in my section who knew any of the words, but that didn’t stop me from singing every one of them.

By the way, that shriek in Birds was not me but kudos to whoever it was. I’m with you on that one.

Always In My Head

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2w7XIRun2c

It was strange for me to realize during the concert that despite having heard live versions of the songs from Ghost Stories, I hadn’t actually heard any of them live in person. Always In My Head is such a great song – and it really fits this past week for me, waiting for this concert: “I think of you, I haven’t slept” :P

Chris on Tailgating & Everglow

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyIpGEAitBc

“I always wondered why everyone tailgated in Philadelphia and why you had so many parties. Then I saw the price of beer and water and I was like, ‘Oh, I see why everyone eats outside’… We’re in the wrong business, we should be selling water at football stadiums. We could make a fortune!”

Heroes Cover

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q60C1eXdMco

The Guest House // Amazing Grace & Don’t Panic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c50wkaM2di8

For some reason, at 3:15 in that video there was a random/unsuccessful USA chant. It confused and amused me at the same time.

But then the band went into Don’t Panic (3:27), and I got excited to hear Jonny sing. Chris did his usual stopping of the song to talk about how much Jonny doesn’t like singing (but likes talking about space :wacko:), then proceeded to make Jonny sing his part not one, but two more times. Jonny was laughing at the end of it. :wacky:

Band Intro & In My Place & Til Kingdom Come (Request)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvCCfqG0W5o

Part of me wants to be bummed that the request song was Til Kingdom Come (was really hoping for A Message), but it was just so beautiful that I don’t honestly care that much. This was one of the only songs I didn’t sing along with, because I just wanted to hear Chris’s beautiful voice and the lovely music. :heart:

Streets of Philadelphia Cover

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7833Dt2a38

Amazing Day

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVZtHre5TXE

End of ASFOS & Up & Up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GO9B6Tsak_U

And then it was over. I couldn’t believe how fast it went, but I was still channeling my inner Chris and just feeling very grateful to be there. :P My experience at this concert was very different from the other two I’ve been to, this being the first one where I was not at any point in front of the band on one stage or another, but it was still an incredible night. There's nothing quite like being in the same place as thousands of other people who are sharing in the Coldplay love. I’m looking forward to the next time I get to see them live, which hopefully will be sooner rather than later. :wacky:

• Like 6

Someone streamed a large part of the concert on Periscope (Birds → end of show), so I'll just drop the link for reference and for those interested:

https://www.periscope.tv/w/1BdxYVAXMWlKX

They also streamed the beginning of the show:

https://www.periscope.tv/w/1vOxwpqPwDbKB

and (part of) the opening acts:

https://www.periscope.tv/w/1LyGBbAZYmjGN

https://www.periscope.tv/w/1eaKbLvyMnZJX