✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[2016-08-20] Rose Bowl, LOS ANGELES, CA

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I showed up to the Rose Bowl at around 8:50 PM tonight and they were all sold out of the Lithograph they had at the merch tents. Did anyone happen to get one? If so, can you comment with a picture below? Apparently it commemorated both days of the Rose Bowl shows.. I'll be getting there early tomorrow to try to secure one. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Here you go!

I was able to get 2 of them since my section merch table wasn't as busy as the ones in the front.

• Like 3

Did anyone else notice how much they sped up a number of songs last night? I liked some, but not others. It almost made me wonder if they were running late?

I noticed some songs they don't usually speed up seemed a bit faster, but almost like it was just Chris who was off? I only listened to about half of the show, though.

After waiting 3 and half years since Brooklyn, the moment finally came! Tickets for the show actually went on sale on my birthday (though I believe I bought them in the presale the day before) way back in January. I never thought the day would actually come.

Tangent but, I'm from the Bay Area, but in some weird tradition I always seem to have plans when Coldplay comes here. In 2012 I had to miss the San Jose shows with school and financial issues, and it looked like I was screwed but the Brooklyn shows were announced and the money I was saving for the ill fated South America shows were diverted to that. In 2008 I couldn't make their show in SJ as well, but was able to make it work when they returned in 2009. This time, I already knew I was gonna be out in September, so it was an easy decision to come to LA, plus I'd have to wait two less weeks!

I really loved Ghost Stories, and was bummed not to hear it live, so for me (and many, of course) this was our first shot at hearing songs from this album, and was hoping it'd get love from the band.

Now for the actual review:

Stunning, expectations met and exceeded. As Chris said in an interview, there are no more duds. They fit in pretty much every big hit from the first five albums. I can't think of anything I was really sad about missing - though certainly there's some I would like to have heard.

As for the two most recent albums, I would have loved to have heard Fun and Ink, but am happy with what wound up being played. I'm REALLY glad Always In My Head is getting it's just due in the US leg. (I'm only now reading up on what previous setlists were used throughout the year, I successfully avoided most spoilers!) It was also great to hear Magic, grateful it was played over PoC. Four (or three and a half) Ghost Stories songs was understandable given that it's just a two hour show, but I'd say it was enough.

I admit when Amazing Day started I was looking at the time and was worried A Sky Full of Stars was going to be cut (although I avoided spoilers, I knew Up&Up was the closer) and it was a big sigh of relief when it came!

A Head Full of Dreams really works live, that and Birds were my highlights from the new album.

As for Stage C, I'm not sure how I felt about the three songs being played, there were a lot of acoustic songs I would have preferred. But really? Not much reason to complain.

This will be my only Coldplay show this year, but I'm hoping they do another US leg (it seems like a lot of areas got left out...) and I can do some traveling if they don't come back West!

And now that I've seen one show I can watch Periscopes and Youtube recordings now... so I look forward to enjoying the tour from home now!

• Like 9

It was great to be a part of that amazing crowd last Saturday at The Pasadena Rose Bowl. Even up to now, I can't believe I was there. The experience was so surreal. I didn't get the floor seating, but I was still on the lower section. The resellers jacked up the price before we even got the chance to buy them. So sad how that system works.

The distance was perfect enough since it wasn't one of those bigger stadiums. Looking at the monitors is just like watching the TV, so I tried to look at them for as much as I am able to visually capture, alternating between the actual & the screen. I had my phone recording what was happening live, while trying to enjoy everything as it was happening. From where I was, you can see them playing, running and everything, but the gestures obviously you'll have to watch through the screen.

We were all ecstatic and happy to be each a part of that spectacular glowing lights. Each of our voices created that accumulated loud thunderous noise reflective of pure genuine enjoyment and appreciation of Truly The Best Band in the World...!

I am lucky enough to have another chance on 9/03 at Santa Clara... That time I will be on the floor section. Will have the chance to enjoy the confetti, which only reached the floor, up to the middle upper section at the Rose Bowl. I guess the wind didn't work to our advantage on the angles other than the middle section. :)

It's amazing to see people of all ages in the crowd. Some were families with young children. That's the kind of reputation Coldplay has... They provide The World Purely Clean & Wholesome entertainment. I can never be more proud to be a Coldplay Fan.

Ladies and Gentlemen, All Fellow Coldplayers, We All made a Perfect Choice on which Band each one of us are to be a fan of.

• Like 8

It's amazing to see people of all ages in the crowd. Some were families with young children. That's the kind of reputation Coldplay has... They provide The World Purely Clean & Wholesome entertainment. I can never be more proud to be a Coldplay Fan.

I enjoyed reading your review. Thanks for posting! And I so agree on the above. It has become increasingly hard to find wholesome entertainment, so much so that it´s now almost a rarity. Another reason, if we ever need more haha, to be a proud Coldplay fan :)

• Like 4

I enjoyed reading your review. Thanks for posting! And I so agree on the above. It has become increasingly hard to find wholesome entertainment, so much so that it´s now almost a rarity. Another reason, if we ever need more haha, to be a proud Coldplay fan :)

Thank you @Jedi Leo...! Coldplay is just pure Magic! A True Inspiration... Genuine Humility Above Immeasurable Fame...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Thank you @Jedi Leo...! Coldplay is just pure Magic! A True Inspiration... Genuine Humility Above Immeasurable Fame...

You have such a melodious, joyful way with words! Much like

...hmmm... A Band We All Know and Love!!! :love shower![emoji171][emoji205][emoji97]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

You have such a melodious, joyful way with words! Much like

...hmmm... A Band We All Know and Love!!! :love shower![emoji171][emoji205][emoji97]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank You @iamsue...! You are so kind...! I'm sure you will agree that: To praise a legitimate talent as Coldplay isn't difficult at all... You need not dig deeper in your thoughts. Everything exemplary is applicable to them. They remain humble amidst their success. We not only know, but we genuinely feel that they care for us - their loyal fans...! That is why they and us are here to stay... :)

• 3 months later...