✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[2016-06-28] Coldplay at Kensington Garden for a Charity concert

Started to upload my videos to youtube, so I'll add them as I get them up. Please forgive mine and my sisters singing and a little shakiness - there's a couple of points where my sister was dancing so hard next to me she nearly knocked my phone out of my hand! I couldn't get whole songs as my power bank for my phone broke and I was running out of battery, so it's highlights - also didn't get anything of Up and Up because of that.

My favourite bit (sorry for the vertical video):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYdYBo1Srk0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzH5unP9eaU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLfxyWYNd4I

• Like 8

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was my 3rd Coldplay concert in less than 2 weeks, when the one at Wembley on the 15th was my FIRST! So a pretty good start I'd say :happy2: My dear friend Rita, whom i met at the queue at Wembley on the 16th was lucky enough to win 2 tickets for Kensington! I couldn't believe it when she told me, that girl is incredible( not just because of the tickets of course)! Being overly thrilled, I knew I couldn't just stay at home so after a 3 hour nap I woke up at 4:30 am and started preparing for my 6:10 bus to London from Birmingham and got to the park at around 10-10:30 am, being 2nd in line only after the wonderful little sweetheart Zuzana, whom I also knew briefly from Wembley, but became very good friends that day! Time passed by so quickly as we were chatting it away, laughing with other people in the queue and singing along to Coldplay songs playing from my speaker! Before you know it, it was 4:30 pm and we were asked to start forming queues (as nobody arranged them earlier and we were keeping track by numbering each other in the order in which we came). At the queue I got to know Jamie and Daniel (both really great and amazing fellas) and continued sharing stories! Once Rita collected our tickets (we were the very first ones to go in so were leading the crowd in) we went in the palace gardens, but were stopped by several barriers along the way. This was maybe the first concert I've ever been to when guards actually managed to make us walk! It was probably because of the ratio of guards to people( just 3000 of us!!) . Well we got to the very front of the stage and right in the centre of it! Most amazing place anyone could ever wish for! We got rained on, a lot, earlier as well, but the guards had already given away free rain coats so it wasn't too bad, although I refused to wear mine at that point because it was going to be in the way when jumping around and ain't no way I'm letting that happen. :happy2: For all I know the rain made everything even better! Fast forward, there was a total of 5 performers/groups, most of which I enjoyed, before Coldplay were due to go out on stage. Shout out to the Basotho choir that flew all the way here for the Sentebale event. They were beautiful!

:angel:COLDPLAY:angel:

It was time. It was 9:30 pm, we had been waiting all day, and we knew it was going to be a night to remember. They you saw the flower of life starting to form on the screen and all the crowd going wild! We heard the beautiful Charlie Chaplin speech from the Dictator. I'm just in love with the way Coldplay send us their messages! Finally it blended into A Head Full Of Dreams. And that's where I lost it. I completely let go of everything, let go of my mind, my thoughts, myself. For the next hour there was nothing else but us and Coldplay. No inhibitions, just feelings. There are just a handful of things in the world that give me this feeling I live for, and that is why I love Coldplay. It was 11 songs all performed within an hour. And it wasn't like in Wembley, we didn't see any confetti, didn't pass around any bouncy balls. But it had something Wembley could never offer us. With there being only 3000 of us and the stage being as wide as maybe 2-3 times (tops) the B stage at Wembley, you could really feel the band. And I felt them really close. And I'm sure they felt us more, their attention not having to scatter around a gigantic stadium. We saw them. Oh and did they see us! I for one shared 3-4 long eye gazes with Chris (pic below) and one with Jonny. And at those points time slowed down. Because it was something more than a gaze. I was talking to Chris using my sign (pic below) But that is the magic of Chris Martin, he can talk to you, without speaking. I was told at several points the camera was showing me, and even though the screen was right behind them, I so didn't pay attention to anything else that was going around that I had no idea. Oh and he remembered me, as when A Sky Full Of Stars came on, he reached out and pointed at me and smiled :) The way I saw it was like he was telling me "Hey, this is for you, buddy, I see ya, I'm with ya, go on doing what you do". I'll be honest that was the point where I completely blacked out and had no memory he even pointed at me. I was so in the moment that not only my long-term memory wasn't working, but apparently my short-term as well. It was the next day when I saw my friend Jamie's video when it all came back to me. They finished with the beautiful Up&Up (followed by mesmerising fireworks right above our heads that made it feel complete) featuring the Basotho choir. Everything was all so intimate that night. It might have only been an hour, but that hour felt and still feels like an eternity. Because while they were playing there truly wasn't us and them, we were all united. And in the dimension we transcended to, relativities such as time and space ceased to exist. It is not a lie when Chris sings "My song IS love" But what is more, THEY are love. They make me go higher, out of this world, into a world of wonder, a world of colour, happiness, togetherness, strength and unity, belief and hope, a world full of dreams. A world that is love. 2 weeks ago i saw them for the first time at Wembley. And they made me see something that was always right there in front of me, but I could never realise.

:wings:And as for my adventure of a lifetime? Well, it has only just began.:wings:

The exact moment our eyes met, after he read my sign :heart: A look I'll always remember :o:heart::shocked2:

13584890_1015502848498825_2014786233807572540_o.jpg

Chris pointing @ me while singing "Cos you're a sky, you're a sky full of stars. I'm gonna give you my heart."

13568811_1015511581831285_679815489663678465_o.jpg

Again, but in video. You can see him point shortly after the song starts. :)

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10154256628043279

Thank you guys, thank you band. Together, you made it the most special night for me! :love:

(Me, Rita, Zuzana, Jamie, David)

13497803_1014544851927958_4165692089016236110_o.jpg

• Like 11

Guest diogo_sg

This was my 3rd Coldplay concert in less than 2 weeks, when the one at Wembley on the 15th was my FIRST! So a pretty good start I'd say :happy2: My dear friend Rita, whom i met at the queue at Wembley on the 16th was lucky enough to win 2 tickets for Kensington! I couldn't believe it when she told me, that girl is incredible( not just because of the tickets of course)! Being overly thrilled, I knew I couldn't just stay at home so after a 3 hour nap I woke up at 4:30 am and started preparing for my 6:10 bus to London from Birmingham and got to the park at around 10-10:30 am, being 2nd in line only after the wonderful little sweetheart Zuzana, whom I also knew briefly from Wembley, but became very good friends that day! Time passed by so quickly as we were chatting it away, laughing with other people in the queue and singing along to Coldplay songs playing from my speaker! Before you know it, it was 4:30 pm and we were asked to start forming queues (as nobody arranged them earlier and we were keeping track by numbering each other in the order in which we came). At the queue I got to know Jamie and Daniel (both really great and amazing fellas) and continued sharing stories! Once Rita collected our tickets (we were the very first ones to go in so were leading the crowd in) we went in the palace gardens, but were stopped by several barriers along the way. This was maybe the first concert I've ever been to when guards actually managed to make us walk! It was probably because of the ratio of guards to people( just 3000 of us!!) . Well we got to the very front of the stage and right in the centre of it! Most amazing place anyone could ever wish for! We got rained on, a lot, earlier as well, but the guards had already given away free rain coats so it wasn't too bad, although I refused to wear mine at that point because it was going to be in the way when jumping around and ain't no way I'm letting that happen. :happy2: For all I know the rain made everything even better! Fast forward, there was a total of 5 performers/groups, most of which I enjoyed, before Coldplay were due to go out on stage. Shout out to the Basotho choir that flew all the way here for the Sentebale event. They were beautiful!

It was time. It was 9:30 pm, we had been waiting all day, and we knew it was going to be a night to remember. They you saw the flower of life starting to form on the screen and all the crowd going wild! We heard the beautiful Charlie Chaplin speech from the Dictator. I'm just in love with the way Coldplay send us their messages! Finally it blended into A Head Full Of Dreams. And that's where I lost it. I completely let go of everything, let go of my mind, my thoughts, myself. For the next hour there was nothing else but us and Coldplay. No inhibitions, just feelings. There are just a handful of things in the world that give me this feeling I live for, and that is why I love Coldplay. It was 11 songs all performed within an hour. And it wasn't like in Wembley, we didn't see any confetti, didn't pass around any bouncy balls. But it had something Wembley could never offer us. With there being only 3000 of us and the stage being as wide as maybe 2-3 times (tops) the B stage at Wembley, you could really feel the band. And I felt them really close. And I'm sure they felt us more, their attention not having to scatter around a gigantic stadium. We saw them. Oh and did they see us! I for one shared 3-4 long eye gazes with Chris (pic below) and one with Jonny. And at those points time slowed down. Because it was something more than a gaze. I was talking to Chris using my sign (pic below) But that is the magic of Chris Martin, he can talk to you, without speaking. I was told at several points the camera was showing me, and even though the screen was right behind them, I so didn't pay attention to anything else that was going around that I had no idea. Oh and he remembered me, as when A Sky Full Of Stars came on, he reached out and pointed at me and smiled :) The way I saw it was like he was telling me "Hey, this is for you, buddy, I see ya, I'm with ya, go on doing what you do". I'll be honest that was the point where I completely blacked out and had no memory he even pointed at me. I was so in the moment that not only my long-term memory wasn't working, but apparently my short-term as well. It was the next day when I saw my friend Jamie's video when it all came back to me. They finished with the beautiful Up&Up (followed by mesmerising fireworks right above our heads that made it feel complete) featuring the Basotho choir. Everything was all so intimate that night. It might have only been an hour, but that hour felt and still feels like an eternity. Because while they were playing there truly wasn't us and them, we were all united. And in the dimension we transcended to, relativities such as time and space ceased to exist. It is not a lie when Chris sings "My song IS love" But what is more, THEY are love. They make me go higher, out of this world, into a world of wonder, a world of colour, happiness, togetherness, strength and unity, belief and hope, a world full of dreams. A world that is love. 2 weeks ago i saw them for the first time at Wembley. And they made me see something that was always right there in front of me, but I could never realise.

:wings:And as for my adventure of a lifetime? Well, it has only just began.:wings:

The exact moment our eyes met, after he read my sign[emoji813]A look I'll always remember :o:heart::shocked2:

Chris pointing @ me while singing "Cos you're a sky, you're a sky full of stars. I'm gonna give you my heart."

Thank you guys, thank you band. Together, you made it the most special night for me! :love:

Thank you for sharing! It's a really nice post. And lucky you!! [emoji1]

The exact moment our eyes met, after he read my sign :heart: A look I'll always remember :o:heart::shocked2:

Did anyone notice the two Coldplay fans from Avatar in the upper left corner ? :D

• Like 4

Thank Bojo for your wonderful review, reading it, I could relive that magical day again!

See you soon!

• Like 1

Started to upload my videos to youtube, so I'll add them as I get them up. Please forgive mine and my sisters singing and a little shakiness - there's a couple of points where my sister was dancing so hard next to me she nearly knocked my phone out of my hand! I couldn't get whole songs as my power bank for my phone broke and I was running out of battery, so it's highlights - also didn't get anything of Up and Up because of that.

My favourite bit (sorry for the vertical video):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYdYBo1Srk0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzH5unP9eaU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLfxyWYNd4I

Unbelievable you were so close to them ! And what a great vids by the way.

• Like 1

It's everyone's dream to get to a smaller gig like this. I love your story !

• Like 2

The exact moment our eyes met, after he read my sign[emoji813]A look I'll always remember :o:heart::shocked2:

Thank you for sharing your amazing adventure!

• Like 1

Thank you for sharing! It's a really nice post. And lucky you!! [emoji1]

Unbelievable you were so close to them ! And what a great vids by the way.

It's everyone's dream to get to a smaller gig like this. I love your story !

Thank you for sharing your amazing adventure!

Thank you guys, I'm glad you liked it! Hope you kinda got an idea of what it felt like to me, and hope you all get to go to a smaller gig! Heck, maybe we'll meet for their Christmas concert! :happy2: I know I'll try my best to get tickets for that!

Thank Bojo for your wonderful review, reading it, I could relive that magical day again!

See you soon!

Love ya Zuzana and can't wait to meet gain! I'm so grateful we shared that special day! Remember to look for the Everglow should you ever feel down! :)

^^That makes me sad. It hurts so much that they were so close yet so far :(

Or how about you look at it another way? Turn that frown upside down and promise yourself you'll be @ the next gig they do in London! And get excited that you're yet to see what you've never seen before! :) :)

Did anyone notice the two Coldplay fans from Avatar in the upper left corner ? :D

omg reallly what are they [emoji3][emoji3][emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I saw the picture I used that same Avatar reference talking to Rita haha, I thought her phone was broken or something. But it was like that on the other photos as well and when I turned around I saw it's just a stage light shining on their faces :happy2:

• Like 3

Thank you for a wonderful and detailed review, BOJO. I am glad that you have had such wonderful times with Coldplay - concerts and this wonderful event arranged by Prince Harry.

They transformed my world! Thank you :) Hope you have one like that yourself!