✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[2017-7-6] Coldplay To Perform At The Global Citizen Festival in Hamburg, Germany

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These conditions which say 'permanent residents of germany' https://www.globalcitizen.org/en/festival/hamburg/allgemeine-teilnahmebedingungen/ refer to 2750 double passes being given away

This FAQ refers to 9000 tickets being given away https://www.globalcitizen.org/en/festival/hamburg/faqs/ So there is another draw somewhere for the rest of the tickets? I have been googling madly but I have not found out

I get that if it is in germany that they would want to make sure germans have a chance, but it seems sort of in line with the aims of global citizen if people from all countries were allowed to go? Perhaps there is a separate draw for others.....

I will be studying abroad in denmark at the exact time of this so it would be so cool to go. I don't have class on Thursdays, so looking at train timetables I could even get down there and back without missing class....

These conditions which say 'permanent residents of germany' https://www.globalcitizen.org/en/festival/hamburg/allgemeine-teilnahmebedingungen/ refer to 2750 double passes being given away

This FAQ refers to 9000 tickets being given away https://www.globalcitizen.org/en/festival/hamburg/faqs/ So there is another draw somewhere for the rest of the tickets? I have been googling madly but I have not found out

I get that if it is in germany that they would want to make sure germans have a chance, but it seems sort of in line with the aims of global citizen if people from all countries were allowed to go? Perhaps there is a separate draw for others.....

I will be studying abroad in denmark at the exact time of this so it would be so cool to go. I don't have class on Thursdays, so looking at train timetables I could even get down there and back without missing class....

I'm wondering about the amount of tickets they are giving away as well...

In the terms and conditions they are talking about three phases and one draw for each phase (the first one being tomorrow as stated). In the first phase it says they're giving away 1,750 pairs of tickets, in the second 500 pairs and in the third 500 as well. In total that only makes 5,500 tickets. I assume they also have free tickets allocated to other prize draws of partners and media (e.g. radio stations), but it's still quite far away from the 9,000 free tickets talked about.

I counted that there are roughly 2,500 VIP tickets on sale. In addition to that the box seats in the arena maybe amount to 1,400 that they're probably giving to friends & family, partners, sponsors, etc. Still leaves some space in the arena with a capacity of 16,000 max.

Well, anyway: Best of luck to everybody who tried for tickets in tomorrow's draw! :)

Woohoo! Congrats! :grinning:

I wasn't lucky this time. Have obsessively checked my mails today, lol. Maybe in another round...

They said that emails would be send on 18 + 19/4.

So maybe it still comes.

• Like 1

Hi, does anyone have any idea when the actual show will begin and if Coldplay will play a full festival set (1,5 hrs) ? Still debating if I should go or not. It's very difficult for me to reach, so it would not be worth trying if Coldplay only play like half an hour or so.

Global Citizen replied to an email I sent to them: They cannot say anything about the length or order of the individual Headliners yet since they are still in the planming phase. They also cannot say when the festival will start, other than the already known entry stop at 7 pm.

@Nie

Global Citizen replied to an email I sent to them: They cannot say anything about the length or order of the individual Headliners yet since they are still in the planming phase. They also cannot say when the festival will start, other than the already known entry stop at 7 pm.

@Nie

Strange answer, they must know the end time for sure. Isn't there a time that the last public transportation is available?

Every venue that I know keeps that in consideration.

They probably don't want to make too much public so people keep trying to get tickets and so take actions for GC as well.

Strange answer, they must know the end time for sure. Isn't there a time that the last public transportation is available?

Every venue that I know keeps that in consideration.

Hamburg is not like London. I'm pretty sure trains and busses run well until after midnight. Maybe even all night. I guess Grönemeyer will be the main act and perform pretty much a full show. Coldplay could be a 1 hour thing. Just like at a radio concerts.

70807f327287ab5ac677ac56645ae52f.jpg

So basically 29 minutes after midnight would be the last train.

So basically 29 minutes after midnight would be the last train.

That is even worse than London I think. If a lot of people have to take a train back... station is not near the Arena, there are shuttle busses I've read on the Arena's website.

That is even worse than London I think. If a lot of people have to take a train back... station is not near the Arena, there are shuttle busses I've read on the Arena's website.

Good point. Guess i was a bit quick to praise the german public transport. Still, i'm sure at event nights it's no problem to leave the arena after the show using public transport. I consider leaving early anyway to be honest, if that's possible. Grönemeyer is really not my cup of tea and i'm not keen to listen to his music for 90 mins or so. Let's hope we will have a detailed schedule some time in advance.

Grönemeyer is really not my cup of tea and i'm not keen to listen to his music for 90 mins or so

I have no idea who he is or how his music sounds but the overall opinion from people that I've read is not that positive.

Leaving early right after Coldplay is a good solution for the traffic problem. :)

Getting back from the arena via public transport won't be a problem. They'll plan accordingly. There's a shuttle bus from the arena bringing you to the nearest rapid transit station and from there you can go back to the city centre. It's always quite well organized. If it ends quite late, they'll have a plan for that with some extra trains maybe.

I have no idea who he is or how his music sounds but the overall opinion from people that I've read is not that positive.

Well he is a German singer who sings in German and I only know this song from 2002/3 which was all over the place at that time and which was not my cup of tea:

I know a family friend of ours who loves him though and since she lives in the north of Germany, I bet she will be there :joy:

Well he is a German singer who sings in German and I only know this song from 2002/3 which was all over the place at that time and which was not my cup of tea

Hmmm. [emoji6]

I don't think I would stick around if he is the closer.