✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Guns - Sunset

Coeurli

Arabesque counts as the first single too, just partnered up with Orphans.

I know, but if you look at casual listeners (all the people listening to Radio/TV for instance) Orphans is the single to have gotten the most airplay, a music Video, and a high-profile TV performance. Someone who does not follow Coldplay will never get to know Arabesque.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not really. It makes perfect sense Orphans is the lead song as it’s the most commercially viable, i was stoked to hear it on a New Zealand radio station this morning, it just works and people love it.

Commercially viable for sure, and that word "commercial" is the key. Of course it's good for sales, but I was talking about Coldplay not showcasing their immense creativity and diversity to the general public.

If I were a casual listener or just a random radio listener with no particular interest in Coldplay, I would probably think "uh, more of the same".

• Like 2

I know, but if you look at casual listeners (all the people listening to Radio/TV for instance) Orphans is the single to have gotten the most airplay, a music Video, and a high-profile TV performance. Someone who does not follow Coldplay will never get to know Arabesque.

I always thought Arabesque was released to please the oldplayers. Lol.

Although I'm hoping Everyday Life gets a music video this week or weekend. If it doesn't. I will be disappointed and it is the second single, so why wouldn't there be a music video for it? I mean all 2nd singles from previous albums got videos, so why wouldn't Everyday Life get one.

I could be mistaken but I don't think the band announced "Everyday Life" as the second single off the album. In their website it only says that they, and I quote: "have made the track available to stream or download following their performance on Saturday Night Live".

• Like 1

I could be mistaken but I don't think the band announced "Everyday Life" as the second single off the album. In their website it only says that they, and I quote: "have made the track available to stream or download following their performance on Saturday Night Live".

well wiki has it has the second single. IE number 2, but overall 3rd.

well wiki has it has the second single. IE number 2, but overall 3rd.

Anyone can edit the Wikipedia page at this stage. Another reason why Everyday Life isn't considered a single is that their ”Coldplay Singles” playlist in Spotify was renamed to ”Coldplay Singles (+Everyday Life)”, stating it contains all their singles and Everyday Life, that isn't a single.

• Like 1

I was really hoping they'd drop Guns today... maybe it'll be a Saturday release again. :confused:

It's weird, part of me doesn't want them to drop so many tracks before the album is released, but at the same time I crave these new songs and that teaser clip got me beyond hyped :joy:

• Like 2