✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Guns - Sunset

Coeurli

Really interested to see if Gun's progresses into a heavier sounding, longer country song or if it is just a 2-minute acoustic guitar piece.

I also love to see Coldplay go political, I just hope Chris can write a full song that has tact and isn't too generalized. I often feel his lyrics are a bit too general despite the good intentions. This seems very promising to me, but in this snippet he's tackling a lot of issues though, squeezing money out of low-income people, the sick, and then buy more guns. Not super focused....

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really interested to see if Gun's progresses into a heavier sounding, longer country song or if it is just a 2-minute acoustic guitar piece.

I also love to see Coldplay go political, I just hope Chris can write a full song that has tact and isn't too generalized. I often feel his lyrics are a bit too general despite the good intentions. This seems very promising to me, but in this snippet he's tackling a lot of issues though, squeezing money out of low-income people, the sick, and then buy more guns. Not super focused....

I actually like it that he connects several issues this way. Cause if you look at the world, everything - and in particular all the negative things - are connected because in the end it is society or the system or whatever you wanna call it that is fucked up. Apart from the "take it from the bums" line I really like the lyrics I heard, they are (is this a first for a Coldplay song ?) angry/ironic in parts and I like the imagery used with the numbers and the court.

• Like 4

Just as I "feared", this is shaping up to be a really political album, not that that's a bad thing, it's just that I don't really like the only mildly political song that the band has ever done (Twisted Logic) so I don't know if that's a good omen for this album.

(I really, really dug Orphans and Arabesque, though)

I would say Violet Hill is more than mildly political, and it's one of the best songs they've done to date.

• Like 3

A little bit country? Alternative-ish? Who would've thought CP would ever release a song like this since GS/AHFOD !?!

I am so excited to hear the full song eventually..........

I really hope that the G, W, and J are joining Chris in this song as well.

What do you think, will it be a long song (4-5 mins) or a short song (2-3 mins)?

FUCK. YES. GO ON CHRIS. FUCK THEM ALL.

I'm FUCKING hyped. If the album follows the road of the 3 songs we heard + this snippet, it might become one of the best Coldplay records... Yes i need to relax. But man i thought i lost them with AHFOD...

Right on! Feel the exact same way !!

A little bit country? Alternative-ish? Who would've thought CP would ever release a song like this since GS/AHFOD !?!

I am so excited to hear the full song eventually..........

I really hope that the G, W, and J are joining Chris in this song as well.

What do you think, will it be a long song (4-5 mins) or a short song (2-3 mins)?

I believe it's gonna be a shorter song., judging by the fast-paced vocals.

Aah they keep on getting it right with these songs for EL. So happy.

I still find it unfortunate they chose Orphans as their lead single though. This album is so hugely diverse and creative and inventive and yet they choose the ONE song that continues the sound from AHFOD as the first (and probably only) song casual listeners will encounter on the radio this era. That's tragic,

• Like 2

I still find it unfortunate they chose Orphans as their lead single though. This album is so hugely diverse and creative and inventive and yet they choose the ONE song that continues the sound from AHFOD as the first (and probably only) song casual listeners will encounter on the radio this era. That's tragic,

Arabesque counts as the first single too, just partnered up with Orphans.

• Like 1

Not really. It makes perfect sense Orphans is the lead song as it’s the most commercially viable, i was stoked to hear it on a New Zealand radio station this morning, it just works and people love it.

• Like 4

Arabesque is the b-side to Orphans which is a real shame.

Personally, I think that this album will not be very commercially/radio friendly and Orphans is sort of a token gesture to their label. At the end of the day, the record label see Coldplay as a massive cash cow and the “less pop” and more experimental they go (not to mention the political side that will alienate some people) and explicit content, Parlophone are probably worried it could damage Coldplay’s commercial providence.

I’m just trying to put Orphans to one side, I can put up with one MX style song if the rest sounds like Arabesque, Guns and Everyday Life.

• Like 3

I wouldn't classify Arabesques as a b-side as it appears on the album.

B-sides are songs not released on an album but exclusively to a single.

Yeah you’re right but b-side means something completely different nowadays with the way music is released compare with physical vinyls years ago.

When I said b-side I meant it plays second fiddle to Orphans in the sense it wasn’t released as a stand alone single and was just “tagged” on to Orphans for marketing purposes.

• Like 2

Yeah you’re right but b-side means something completely different nowadays with the way music is released compare with physical vinyls years ago.

When I said b-side I meant it plays second fiddle to Orphans in the sense it wasn’t released as a stand alone single and was just “tagged” on to Orphans for marketing purposes.

A Partner Single, I call it.

Although I'm hoping Everyday Life gets a music video this week or weekend. If it doesn't. I will be disappointed and it is the second single, so why wouldn't there be a music video for it? I mean all 2nd singles from previous albums got videos, so why wouldn't Everyday Life get one.

PS: If this does happen, I won't understand it. It won't make any sense.

^ EL doesn't seem much like a traditional second single though (Disclaimer, I haven't actually listened to it). For one, aren't second singles usually released in-tandem with the full album? So you essentially get both on the same day, and the music video just functions as an extra bit of marketing.

Though this era has just been quite unique in general, so who knows what's going to happen *shrugs*

• Like 1

^ EL doesn't seem much like a traditional second single though (Disclaimer, I haven't actually listened to it). For one, aren't second singles usually released in-tandem with the full album? So you essentially get both on the same day, and the music video just functions as an extra bit of marketing.

Though this era has just been quite unique in general, so who knows what's going to happen *shrugs*

I see.