✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Guns - Sunset

Coeurli

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah it should be interesting, especially for me I'm curious about the beginning of the track! I'm wondering what the transition between the two albums will sound like...Will it flow seamlessly into Guns or will it be a clear cut and abrupt start for Guns ?

Coldplay love making songs that flow naturally into one another, but they also like to include very brutal endings every once in a while (like Birds)...

• Like 1

Def hoping for this one to be darker and super political and just outright anti-gun. But more realistically looking at the rest of the album and the length, I wonder if this will be a short instrumental opener to Sunset.

If we take Chris' word, then Sunrise should be the darker album of the too because we're "waking up to face the day's challenges" and then Sunset is about overcoming those challenges?

Maybe Guns opens up Sunset by summing up Sunrise with the sounds of guns/explosions/sirens with some strings before heading into the more 'healing' songs?

• Like 1

Oh man oh man oh man

Sounds amazing. I can just imagine when the music kicks in.

Though I’m a bit unsure of them being political. I use music to escape the shit around us. To have the same shit issues in the songs I listen to...hmmm I don’t know about that.

• Like 2

FUCK. YES. GO ON CHRIS. FUCK THEM ALL.

I'm FUCKING hyped. If the album follows the road of the 3 songs we heard + this snippet, it might become one of the best Coldplay records... Yes i need to relax. But man i thought i lost them with AHFOD...

• Like 9

Just as I "feared", this is shaping up to be a really political album, not that that's a bad thing, it's just that I don't really like the only mildly political song that the band has ever done (Twisted Logic) so I don't know if that's a good omen for this album.

(I really, really dug Orphans and Arabesque, though)

• Like 2

Can't overstate how much I love the lyrics of the Guns snippet. Also, the acoustic feel is great. My favorite songs from MX were the acoustic songs from the original album they planned to make (Us Against the World, U.F.O., Up with the Birds). Preliminary results say this will be a favorite.

• Like 5