🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

The Snow Patrol Thread

fifi

^Hee, hee.. yeah, Kimmi... I was always tempted by "alternative" means of getting songs, but could never go through with it. I do love amazon downloads, but am now really, really regretting not having physical copies of the albums I really love (like all of SP's). I never even got a physical copy of Prospekt's March; it's also an amazon download for me. Now, of course, I really wish I had the actual cd. :(

P.S. Get it, Mer! It's soooo pretty! :wacky:

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^Hee, hee.. yeah, Kimmi... I was always tempted by "alternative" means of getting songs, but could never go through with it. I do love amazon downloads, but am now really, really regretting not having physical copies of the albums I really love (like all of SP's). I never even got a physical copy of Prospekt's March; it's also an amazon download for me. Now, of course, I really wish I had the actual cd. :(

P.S. Get it, Mer! It's soooo pretty! :wacky:

y'know, i'm actually fairly certain that Gary makes use of the "alternative" means...case in point = quoted text in bold (from his latest blog post @ SP.com):

Jamie Oliver – ted.com

He now has a new show over here (am in the states right now) in which he tries to go a little way towards save the Americans from the fast food culture which is ironically eating them and the UK for that matter alive. Ted.com (an amazing site that should be explored) gave him an award for his efforts. This is his presentation upon winning the award. The show is good too but I can’t give you that for free. I’d be naughty if I did. His Ted.com vid though is illuminating.

+ that thank you note in Final Straw to ppl who bought the album instead of d/l for free off the net...

just saying........... :P

HAHAH kimmi - i find it really funny about SP songs always popping up even when on random. that always happens to me - and i appreciate it everytime!

Glad everyone is in agreement on "Same" I always used to skip through, but not anymore... I have to admit I used to skip "set fire to the third bar" & "Ways & Means...which i still do sometimes" :embarrassed:

Jen - you are a good convincer - I might just have to get that box collection - it's too good not to steal while on sale?!?!? Maybe it will hold me over until they get back to the US...he did say "hope to see you soon" :) <3 haha - pray they make it to Boston (without U2) this time ... only so that it's their concert and not an opening slot

I LOVE having hard copies of cds too! makes me wish i took better care of my old ones (final straw, parachutes, AROBTTH), i get mostly everything on iTunes or Amazon now, i guess i don't pay close enough attention either seeing as "first week of term" snowed up as a surprise. hahah

I wish i could upload it or share it or something, but i've said it before that i am completely computer illiterate and wouldn't even have a guess as to how to do that with an iTunes vid. I hate when there are certain things you can only get in some countries... :( that's what makes some people resort to getting them via "alternative means" although I am the good one in my fam! :)

PS jen & kimmi you guys are DEFINITELY not newbies. :) you're pros

Sarah - I will keep looking around for places to view it at least! :)

here, i'll try & tempt you to get it.......cos this is what you get in the collectors' box:

4093809986_4c1e59f301_b.jpg

4093809880_9acde64a3f_b.jpg

4093809712_7a7c2060ba_b.jpg

btw, it comes with the full set of CDs of Up To Now too...so while i can't actually listen to the vinyls (yet...i plan to eventually get round to getting a vinyl player. one fine day. when i have my own place.), i can at least enjoy the CDs...& DVDs.

WOW!!! Now I want it...

:curtain:

Hi!!

I just received the newsletter about Tired Pony and the video on their website.

Sounds great! :stunned:

http://www.tiredpony.com/

The newsletter

Mailer1_1_01.jpg

Mailer1_1_02.jpg

Mailer1_1_03.jpg

Even though Snow Patrol have been quiet the last few months ahead of their forthcoming European shows, front man Gary Lightbody has been anything but...

Tired Pony began life as a doodle in Gary's jotter. During idle moments on Snow Patrol's year-long tour cycle for their last album, A Hundred Million Suns, Gary began writing songs for this imaginary band. Forward to January 4th 2010, a cast of characters assembled at Portland's Type Foundry studio; from the extended Snow Patrol family there was Troy Stewart, Iain Archer, Belle & Sebastian's Richard Colburn and producer Garret 'Jacknife' Lee, who brought in Tired Pony's final two members, Peter Buck from R.E.M. and Scott McCaughey, the Seattle musical polymath who's been R.E.M.'s full-time auxiliary member since 1994.

The result is The Place We Ran From a record that begins quietly, and ends with a four-minute feedback storm, with any number of peak moments within.

Joined by a number of guest contributors including M. Ward and his She & Him partner Zooey Deschanel, as well as Tom Smith of Editors, the much rumoured album will finally see its release on 12th July.

To get an 8 minute preview inside the studio with Tired Pony as well as have a listen to some of the tracks included on the album, head to the newly launched TiredPony.com.

here is the video:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0CjCmA1mIk&playnext_from=TL&videos=ysGQ-j-nkHc&feature=sub]YouTube- Tired Pony - The Place We Ran From.flv[/ame]

YAY. I especially like the song that's played at the end of the video :heart:

The giant booklet is just a huge version of the ordinary booklet, so I'm not as jealous anymore as I was back in November. :cool:

BUT I'd hurt people pretty badly for that big photograph of the band.

i quite like the booklet actually...particularly the 1st page with Gary's "commentary" about how he met each of the (current) band members & how the 'Snow Patrol' name came around.

but the real reason i got it was that i was really trying to get 1 of the signed boxes...but i missed out. but then again, things played out such that i ended up meeting them anyway...well, other than Nathan...but 4/5 ain't bad. so maybe it was SP karma at work there. :)

:surprised: :awesome: :heart:

I'm so looking forward to this release. I really like the song that starts at 5:30 with Tom Smith. I'm such a sucker for his voice. :wacky:

..would a tour be too much to ask for? :wacko:

There is a concert planned to take place in London, if I'm not totally wrong.

And as a massive Editors fan I'm soooo happy. :nice: First Snow Patrol supported Coldplay (and I missed it :dozey:) and then Gary forms a band which collaborates with Tom. Is there much more one could ask for? :wacky:

There is a concert planned to take place in London, if I'm not totally wrong.

And as a massive Editors fan I'm soooo happy. :nice: First Snow Patrol supported Coldplay (and I missed it :dozey:) and then Gary forms a band which collaborates with Tom. Is there much more one could ask for? :wacky:

A private concert with Gary, Tom & Chris doing songs together ;)

Yes, Please!! :D

I'm loving the sound of the Tired Pony stuff. Wasn't sure when Gary first started talking about it, but I'll definitely get the album when it comes out. It'll be a good early b-day present to myself! ;)

Actually this is too much to ask for. :dead: And I would have massive problems who I watch performing the most. :lol: That'd definitely kill me, so I rather take the collaborations on CD. Dying right infront of them wouldn't make a good first impression, would it?

Actually this is too much to ask for. :dead: And I would have massive problems who I watch performing the most. :lol: That'd definitely kill me, so I rather take the collaborations on CD. Dying right infront of them wouldn't make a good first impression, would it?

On the flipside, they'd never forget you that way. You'd be imprinted in their memories forever. Years later, they'd have a chat and randomly say, "Hey, you remember that girl who died in front of us because we were such an awesome collaboration?" (Gary, of course, would say, "No, I was probably too drunk that night." :laugh3:)