✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Everyday Life LA Shows

DJK

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just had the craziest idea. What if I go to the library with a bunch of people and use the library computers while simultaneously using my laptop and phone to try and buy tickets? wacko.gif.65f57fd6a52e29da5b3e7c89249ce9f9.gif I remember back in the London concert thread someone recommended using a web monitor to refresh the page every five seconds and notify you of changes. I think I'll have a pretty good chance of going if I use enough devices at once.

• Like 3

I just had the craziest idea. What if I go to the library with a bunch of people and use the library computers while simultaneously using my laptop and phone to try and buy tickets? [ATTACH=full]9823[/ATTACH] I remember back in the London concert thread someone recommended using a web monitor to refresh the page every five seconds and notify you of changes. I think I'll have a pretty good chance of going if I use enough devices at once.

That was a thought I had for London actually, to use multiple computers from the university computer pool :D

But then I had to be on my way to the airport at the time the tickets went on sale so I ended up only being able to use my phone...

• Like 1

Is anybody else from Coldplaying actually planning on going to an LA show? This thread is understandably less busy than the London one, but I'd expect a lot of people to interested in an LA show as well.

It really depends on when exactly the shows are, because I have final exams coming up in a week and a half. That could make things troublesome. But I'm definitely interested.

• Like 1

I hope they play Christmas Lights at the next concert. I have a good feeling it will take place two weeks into December, since Chris is already in America. Violet Hill could also be a nice fit, but I doubt they'd play it. It's really cold where I live, so attending a Coldplay concert somewhere nice and sunny sounds like a good Christmas present. sunny.gif.5ac5744f2f27cb7310482304fecb4f92.gif

• Like 6

Even tho LA is in my country might as well be London! Given work and home responsibilities besides the competitive ticket process, it looks like it's not in the cards for me, so I will continue to live vicariously through fellow Coldplayers and also remember how lucky I was to see them even once!

• Like 3

They’re filming the Graham Norton show on 12th December so back in the UK for the end of that week at least.

That's a little bit surprising. I thought they might as well perform in the United States so they wouldn't have to fly around as often. The new music video for Trouble in Town is being filmed in New York on the 15th or so, and the roles specifically call for people from New York. Chris is over there right now, so I thought maybe that had something to do with it.

Any news on when the shows are? I’d love to go but can’t hardly walk much these days, so physically not in the cards.

Nope, no news yet. That whole thing about flying to the UK kind of threw me off a bit. I'm very concerned that the tickets will go on sale sometime in the middle of the week while I'm busy. Hopefully they'll start selling them at a more convenient time, like 5:00PM on a weekend. But sometimes they time things very strangely. The next concert is all I've been able to think about lately, and I can't help but imagine myself there even though I'm trying not to get my hopes up. Luckily, there'll be plenty of time to prepare before the tickets go on sale, and it seems like there'll be multiple shows in LA. So, I wouldn't be too worried about it.

• Like 2

January would be the best time for me. I think it'll be mid December, though.

I don't know.. seems like the band will drag out the era beyond this year (I hope so!). At least in terms of video releases, etc. The trouble in town video probably wouldn't come out this month if they plan on shooting it mid December for almost a week in Kiev. If they plan on performing at the Grammys for example, LA shows early next year makes sense. But who knows. All we know is that they'll be in London mid December for Graham Norton.

• Like 3

Pretty sure these shows will be after New Year's.

Especially since there will be a few shows alltogether, not just one.

Also with Christmas, I don't see it happening just before it or in the middle of holidays.

Mid January fits like a glove.

• Like 1

Coldplay has a long history of playing shows for KROQ and their Almost Acoustic Christmas shows are this upcoming weekend. It is possible they could be a surprise guest on one of the nights. I expected Coldplay to be one of the headliners when the lineups were announced.

Working against the idea of them being a surprise guest is that they should only be a headliner.

• Like 2