✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

AHFOD Era Leaks

Roadie42

I know that maybe this is slightly off topic, but is there anyone who can catch me up on what happened at the time of the VLV leaks?

I don't want details, just a brief summary of what happened (someone mentioned this before but I was definitely too young to be around on this forum back in those days). It's just a question out of sheer curiosity! Thank you!

On 12/16/2021 at 8:08 PM, only.your.imagination said:

I know that maybe this is slightly off topic, but is there anyone who can catch me up on what happened at the time of the VLV leaks?

I don't want details, just a brief summary of what happened (someone mentioned this before but I was definitely too young to be around on this forum back in those days). It's just a question out of sheer curiosity! Thank you!

If this is about the leak I mentioned, they don't exist, but if there were any VLV leaks I'm sure people here know what happened.

• Like 1

Hi!

Maybe I'm not the best person to answer your question, as I discovered Coldplay a bit later (around GS), but I'll try anyway.

All I know, all I know... is that during the Viva la Vida sessions Coldplay developed a huge amount of songs (as usual) and some of the titles were revealed through the band's official website, as the album writing progressed. "Famous Old Painters" and "Glass of Water" were among these, if I well remember. However both pieces were ultimately left out of the album. Later in 2008 Coldplay published the Prospekt's March EP which included some of the scrapped songs. "Famous Old Painters" was not released with it, though, and they considered it again for the following album on which they started working soon afterwards. "The Man Who Swears", another VlV demo, was also considered for the album. Time passed and the original idea for an acoustic album was scrapped and the band produced Mylo Xyloto, which did not include much from the previous era demos. By that time some of those unreleased songs had leaked, and between 2011 and 2013 most of them found their way to YouTube, where they became fan favourites. By the way, the post-VlV and MX sessions also produced a lot of material but not much from back then has leaked.

This is pretty much all I've managed to discover.

• Like 1

@Doomotron and @TheLostColdplayer thank you both for answering!?

I have always known about the unreleased tracks on YouTube which came straight from VLV sessions and I've supposed that something must have happened at the time, or maybe a bit later... anyway, I didn't know about the fact that "Famous Old Painters" appeared as a title on their official site; that's interesting and gives me the hope that the guys may decide to release it sometime in the future (among all those demos, that one was my favourite)

It is highly possible them to release those songs. Because we saw that they revisited that period of time to find useful sounds. Starting with Aliens they released Arabesque and produced the demo The Man Who Swears into People of The Pride. Also they used Car Kids' guitar riff in Los Unidades song Voodoo.

• Wow 1

1 hour ago, Xyloband_99 said:

It is highly possible them to release those songs. Because we saw that they revisited that period of time to find useful sounds. Starting with Aliens they released Arabesque and produced the demo The Man Who Swears into People of The Pride. Also they used Car Kids' guitar riff in Los Unidades song Voodoo.

How did you find that out about the Car Kids riff being used in Voodoo? 

• Administrators
On 12/15/2021 at 1:54 PM, Saaapho said:

There are around 100 files in total. When I have time, I'll list them all here with descriptions. Several AOAL, XMTS, Miracles/Out of this World, etc. Many are near identical mixes with just little differences in percussion or mixing (EX. guitar will be louder in one version than the other)

They're inevitably gonna leak in full some day, and I really don't want to be responsible, but I know y'all want to hear them. I'm trying to figure out the best way to go about this.

Please don’t. no point describing something others will never hear. Best way to go about this is to be quiet and respect the band and fellow Coldplayers.