✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

AHFOD Era Leaks

Roadie42

2 hours ago, lennyrott1 said:

It's fascinating what AHFOD could have been -- it sounds to me like Chris writes songs and takes instrumental bits from the band to create mixes. Then I imagine they settle on their favorite songs and record in studio together to finalize the mix. 

My takeaways from the smaller leak are: 

• Break of Dawn and the alt verison of AHFOD are very, very good. BoD reminds me a bit of this song. You have interesting percussion and guitar styles we've never heard from Coldplay and the songs have extremely powerful and catchy hooks. 
  • The album could have leaned more indie rock. It sounds like Break of Dawn, Up&Up, Set Me Free (aka Birds) all leaned into a fun brit-pop alt rock indie style. 
  • The album also could have been a cringey electro-pop mess. Forever, Whatever is extremely interesting -- it almost sounds like a Kanye song. But taken with Drunk & High, Legends, and this mix of Miracles, I think it sounds like they were going for a more modern pop, light and chillwave type of sound. 

In the end, we know that working with Stargate helped the band meld multiple genres on AHFOD into a pretty consistent package. However, these demos reveal some ideas that I think could have improved the era. I hope we eventually hear a completed The Race and Break of Dawn. And even some of the sonic concepts on Forever,Whatever would be interesting to hear on an upcoming volume of MOTS given the weird alien vocals. 

Break of Dawn (or Vampire Symphony) and the alt version of AHFOD would've easily been two of the best songs on the album. Hell, Vampire Symphony is already in my top CP songs of the past years! Keeping my fingers crossed for a finished version to be released anytime in the future!

1 hour ago, TheLostColdplayer said:

Little premise: I'm not one that listens to album leaks and I love buying CDs, which is one of my passions.

But... to those who say that leaking unreleased songs is a huge crime I ask: Have you ever listened to the (wonderful) Viva la Vida demos? "Bloodless Revolution", "Famous Old Painters", "The Man Who Swears", etc... Do you feel guilty for listening to those? Do you wish no one ever released those demos?

Because, in my opinion, the situation here is rather similar. Then the leaks happened around three years later, this time six years have gone by since A Head Full of Dreams came out, so these demos are actually quite old, compared to those. And they are scrapped or already released songs, which otherwise would remain locked in some dusty archive with no one listening to them. And even if they would be released someday, it would be in a completely different form ("Arabesque", "People of the Pride").

Many artists, like The Beatles or The Beach Boys ended up releasing or taking part in the release of scrapped songs and alternate versions. Because for fans that is a way of discovering a bit more about the creative process behind an album by their favourite artists, non-fans usually completely ignore such material.

Long story short, I'm not asking for the leaks or anything similar. But before insulting someone, I believe we should think carefully what we would do if we were in their shoes. Would I delete the files without listening to them?

This is a complete different scenario. Viva demos are shorter songs and only a few of them. Now we're talking about a huge amount of files, which most of them are just different takes and mixes of what we already got, but much better, on their evolved form. There are only three or four exclusive songs, so, if anyone's gonna leak anything, should just stick to the exclusives, not the others. 

This reminds me what happened to Radiohead with their MiniDiscs [Hacked] compilation album. After it leaked, they officially released it as a response. Still not a wise idea to leak the whole file, since it's too personal and is just a bunch of things we already got and better.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, lennyrott1 said:

The album also could have been a cringey electro-pop mess.

Instead we got a cringey pop mess. ?

Always felt like that Coldplay was channeling his inner U2 on AHFOD (the song), and the alt demo version reinforces that idea. I really like it.

Break of Dawn/Vampire Symphony though! So much potential.

Edited by VCF
  • Like 1

To clarify, I think some of the 2010 demo leaks we've heard really suggest Chris wanted to put out more stuff like ASFOS that leaned into pop EDM. Not saying that's ineherently bad, but I'm not a big fan personally of Coldplay when they veer too far from rock music, most of the time. Like the brief demo for Gold that leaked, for example, wasn't my cup of tea.

And in terms of the drama of this "leaks" discussion... Look, I don't think anyone here should feel guilty or like they're doing something unethical by listening or sharing leaks. Leaks like this tend to only run in small fan circles and aren't going to commercially affect songs like "Break of Dawn" if they ever come out. If Coldplay cared enough about something like that, they'd hire a big firm to come after us. At the end of the day, these are lower quality demos by literally the wealthiest band in the world. I just don't see tangible harm here. And if there was harm, then it'd be up to us as individuals to choose whether they wanted to act on that. 

At this point, AHFOD is an old album, which feels weird to write. I reall hope we get a studio versions of some of these new/exclusive songs bc honestly I find them more interesting and better than most of MOTS Vol 1. 

• Love 1

40 minutes ago, lugaliro said:

the question is if this folder really has the whatever it takes version of the race

the question is if this folder really has the whatever it takes version of the race

Ah Lugaliro, it's me Blake! You know they guy you blocked on discord? How are ya mate??

1 hour ago, lugaliro said:

Even if it did, you've proved yourself not trustworthy ?

3 minutes ago, Admirice said:

The story of AHFOD leak is actually pretty long.

Around July 2021, I received an offer on discord that I could buy a whole leak folder for 150 USD. Later I discovered that they are the resellers of the whole folder. I'm not suppose to say who the seller is. As for Gold, Far Out and E-Lo snippets, I know that Gold was sold last year for 3K USD on a website, the fate of other two songs remain unknown. I got those snippets from a friend, I once shared with that person Sappho, it turned out I'm very dumb to share things with her. She started to show off on Twitter about listening to the casual one like Vampire Symphony, Forever, Whatever and Gold etc. It dated back to September If my memory serves me right. She was hated by a lot to be frank, the worst thing she had ever done is selling one mixed song for 250 USD to a guy in Coldplay discord, that song is Break Of Dawn (Fake title), this mix was done by one of my friends. Set Me Free is also a fake title. I have many proof recorded in my computer, but I won't show if it's not necessary. Sappho mentioned that I harrassed her, well I've many kind talks to her and then she blocked me. Can you imagine selling Vampire Symphony for 250 USD? She's actually the very first ones to got those leaked songs.

She is in a leak group which they managed to get the whole folder earlier than us, they paid 500 USD in total to get it (the folder is around 2.2 GB).

Lugaliro is the one who put the fake EP Colours Of The Soul on the Dbree, which is a very clever way, people won't know who's the leaker.

ive said before i gave an outrageous price to get the guy off my back. and did you forget your twitter DM barrages calling me a "typical teenager" for some situation??? you never even explained it, you simply sent a screenshot of some dms and yelled at me. THAT is why I blocked you. Don't act all prim and proper if you're going to berate people for things out of their control.

2 minutes ago, Admirice said:

Well everybody knows what you did, don't pretend to be innocent here.

I didn't mean to bully you, but that's the truth from my view.

people will believe who they want to believe. anyone who knows me well knows i don't bs.

1 hour ago, lennyrott1 said:

At this point, AHFOD is an old album, which feels weird to write. I reall hope we get a studio versions of some of these new/exclusive songs bc honestly I find them more interesting and better than most of MOTS Vol 1. 

Same. Not that hard to be better than most of MOTS Vol 1. though. Wonder what songs they left off MOTS this time. Were they really worse that Let Somebody go or Buityful?!

3 hours ago, Admirice said:

Oh wow, I never leaked anything like you, I only buy leaks from sellers, I'm clean as fuck dude, watch your mouth!

show the image of all your leaks that you showed me by discord. I think you are contradicting and hiding the 75 songs from ahfod sessions ?

• Like 1

Just now, Admirice said:

LMAO, if you wanna know anything about leaks, just go search on Google.

I never provide anything to anyone who isn't my friend.

Who do you think you are man?

I don't have any duty to show you or anyone, you're so pathetic and desperate.

ok ?

ahfod songs.png