✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The official **KEANE** thread

LifeIs4Living

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My first impression after listening to the leak.

Has a very cool 80's vintage feel... As well as some subtle throwback ode's to David Bowie and The Talking Heads...

Stand outs include.

Lover's Are Losing!!!! Best new track imo

Perfect Symmetry

You Dont See Me -- LOVE THIS!

Playing Along -- Nice EPIC stadium and earbud anthem here... Should have been the CLOSER guys

Pretend That Youre Alone -- Do I hear a John Taylor-ish bass line here? There's also a slight Nile Rogers-like guitar jangle that makes this fun! Its ironic that the lyrics turn it into something completly different.

All in all Id say its a keeper with several nice tunes... The final track is a snoozer and forgetable. The lead single still get's on my nerves.

Definately going to purchase this one!

What's your take?

I only have one word after a few listens...and that is: WOW.

Perfect Symmetry is an obvious standout track, but so far, I'm loving Black Burning Heart the best. It's like this new Keane with a ton of old Keane thrown in...and the random French verse is fantastic. Just love it. I also think Pretend That You're Alone is awesome, too. The album has such a good flow, immediately starting with Spiralling and The Lovers Are Losing--chilling out a bit in the middle--and then totally buoying itself up at the end again.

I usually don't connect with albums this fast. Under the Iron Sea was kind of a "what is this" for me the first time I heard it, but this isn't like that at all. It's just so immediately accessible, but I can't wait to get proper lyrics because they sound amazing as well.

EDIT: And here they are: http://keaneshaped.co.uk/disco/ps.htm

I figured I wouldn't download the leak.

Then I thought, "Oh, fuck it, it's streaming tomorrow, it's out in 5 days and I'm getting the special edition which has demos - MAJOR incentive to buy."

Listened to one track so far, Perfect Symmetry.

Wow. Brilliant.

Also:

JANUARY 25TH AT THE O2. Oh my. :D

Listening to the title track kills me. It's just so upsetting. :cry:

A few of the tracks that didn't stick out on first listen are growing on me. Hello there, You Don't See Me, Pretend That You're Alone and Love Is The End.

WOOOOOOOOOOOO DEMOS. :D I love it when bands do this.

"Pieces of pieces of rush hour buses"

I have to say I liked some of the leaked versions better than the album versions. I think there was just a rawer feeling to them. They were edgy, not like normal Keane. But I thought it was a good change. This seems like they felt they had to bring some songs down.

I LOVE play along, might be my favorite at this point. That being said I loved all the leaked songs a lot. This album seems to be pretty great at this moment. Keane always requires a lot of listens though. I always go through different favorites with them.

I dont know but i cant seem to get you guys loving keane==== people here dont seem to like them ........ I dont see myself at all loving keane even as hard as i try=----- i gotta agree wit oasis here- theyre total shit ---cant seem to get their style of music--- its so boring and has no great melody------

The new album is lovely. My favorite tracks at the moment are Perfect Symmetry, The Lovers Are Losing and Again & Again.

On the first listen, I had some "wtf moments" while listening to Spiralling. I loved the radio edit, but the one on the album sounds a bit weird. Anyone else who has the same opinion on Spiralling?