✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The official **KEANE** thread

LifeIs4Living

Oh man, I really hope they play "Playing Along" when I go to see them in February, that song is so epic. I think that Perfect Symmetry might be their strongest album so far, although i still really like Hopes and Fears. I still think Spiralling is a bit too cheesy for me, but at least its original. But apart from that, I really love the new album! :D

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@darkchoc92: Thanks for posting! :) I've already seen a video of Perfect Symmetry, it was so touching! Feel free to tell us a bit more about their forum gig, I'd love to read a bit more about it. :)

I bought the album yesterday and I already love it A LOT, I really do!

I actually don't think they've changed their style as much as one thought they would and I believe there are quite a few songs on the album that still sound very "keanish". ;)

For me, I already love "Perfect Symmetry" very much as I think it's one of the most beautiful songs I've ever heard! It almost made me cry when I heard it the first time. :heart: I also adore "Black burning heart", it's almost just as beautiful!

I'm so much looking forward to seeing them live in less than a month! It's like a big dream coming true as I've been waiting for the chance to see them for more than 3 years... :)

Where are you seeing them?

I'm starting to appreciate the album more every listen. The first song, Spiralling, comes as quite a shock. It's just so... different than what we're used to. I still like the song though, it'll probably be great live.

For now my favourite song off the album is The Lovers are Losing :) It does remind me kinda of Abba.

I still think Perfect Symmetry is the best on the album.

I love the middle part of You Haven't Told Me Anything, by the way.

I feel for you

I really do

Nothing adds up the way you want it to

Give me your worst, I won't even blink

Right between the eyes, I won't feel a thing

Brilliant.

There isn't a song on this album that I don't like. There are a few that are still growing on me, in fact, namely Again And Again and Love Is The End.

Might well be my favourite Keane album. :)

I still think Perfect Symmetry is the best on the album.

I love the middle part of You Haven't Told Me Anything, by the way.

I feel for you

I really do

Nothing adds up the way you want it to

Give me your worst, I won't even blink

Right between the eyes, I won't feel a thing

Brilliant.

There isn't a song on this album that I don't like. There are a few that are still growing on me, in fact, namely Again And Again and Love Is The End.

Might well be my favourite Keane album. :)

My fave is probably Playing Along, Again and Again, Lovers are Losing or Spiralling! :P

Well, just had my first listen and I'm quite disappointed to be totally honest. The first 2 tracks are great, but after that I'm just left feeling empty. I didn't really get anything out of it, emotionally. Maybe I need to give it a few more listens, through headphones maybe, I don't know. I'm confused.

Well, just had my first listen and I'm quite disappointed to be totally honest. The first 2 tracks are great, but after that I'm just left feeling empty. I didn't really get anything out of it, emotionally. Maybe I need to give it a few more listens, through headphones maybe, I don't know. I'm confused.

My exact feeling after the first few listens to be honest.

This album is not as easily accesible as their past I don't think. It took me awhile to get anything out of it.

And now that I have...wow.

Its true.

And am I the only one who thinks the first 45 or so seconds of You Don't See Me could easily be a Killers song? Even his voice sounds like Brandon's at the beginning of the track. Actually, I think i'll go as far as to say that the entire song sounds very 'Killers' (in a completely awesome way of course)

Its true.

And am I the only one who thinks the first 45 or so seconds of You Don't See Me could easily be a Killers song? Even his voice sounds like Brandon's ant the beginning of the track. Actually, I think i'll go as far as to say that the entire song sounds very 'Killers' (in a completely awesome way of course)

Doesn't really makes me think of the Killers actually.

Gladly, this album is growing on me :) Lovers are Losing is such a great song, can't wait to hear it live in 2 weeks!

Well i've just finished my first listen to the new album. At the moment i like it but i'm not completely blown away by it either, but as others have said, i have a feeling this album will be grower, and i'm a big fan of Keane so i'll definitely persist with it. On first listen, standout tracks for me are The Lovers Are Losing (amazing song :nice:), Playing Along and Love Is The End.

I think a large part of allowing the album to connect rests with the lyrics. Just read the lyrics to Perfect Symmetry...they're as poetic as anything Tim has ever written and strikingly sparse at the same time. Absolutely fantastic.

I love all Keane's lyrics, but I have to agree with you!