✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

THE **I LOVE HARRY POTTER** THREAD

badlydrawngirl

Wow, I have never been so satisfied, much less not disappointed by a potter film until tonight. The attention to canon was beautiful. The ministry scene in particular was literally straight out of my imagination as I was reading the book.

All the essentials were there, and I thought the extra scenes and dialogue really complemented (instead of ruining) the book. In every film there's always been something in particular they've really fucked up, but none come to mind. And even in areas where they've stuck to the books they've often done a poor job of making an interesting film of it. But had I had no familiarity with the series, I think I would still love this movie. 7 tries and finally they've got it right (though in all fairness, Chris Columbus's early films were done very well).

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, I have never been so satisfied, much less not disappointed by a potter film until tonight. The attention to canon was beautiful. The ministry scene in particular was literally straight out of my imagination as I was reading the book.

All the essentials were there, and I thought the extra scenes and dialogue really complemented (instead of ruining) the book. In every film there's always been something in particular they've really fucked up, but none come to mind. And even in areas where they've stuck to the books they've often done a poor job of making an interesting film of it. But had I had no familiarity with the series, I think I would still love this movie. 7 tries and finally they've got it right (though in all fairness, Chris Columbus's early films were done very well).

+1 :thumbsup:

And the Bathilda Bagshot one, the part where Nagini was supposed to come out of her, I was kinda disappointed. I was expecting something better than her crumbling down and Nagini appearing. Suppose they couldn't do much for that, but if Nagini came out of her mouth and she crumbled down, that would be cool. Lulz.

But Nagini was awezum.

i actually liked the way they did that.

i just wanted to see Wormtail kill himself :evil: :P

i actually liked the way they did that.

i just wanted to see Wormtail kill himself :evil: :P

It would be the least to complain about haha.

BUT YES, Wormtail's silver hand should have murdered Wormtail!

Oh, and they didn't show Kreacher's good side. :|

OMG I SAW IT LAST NIGHT!!!!! :dance:

It was amazing! Best one yet! They didn't leave out anything essential, though I wish that they had spent more time at Grimauld Place (Kreacher!!! :wacky:)

And I sobbed so hard when Dobby died..."Such a beautiful place to be with friends...Dobby is happy" :bigcry::bigcry::bigcry:

The rest of the theatre was quiet, and then there was just me sobbing and sniffling and wiping my tears away, and my friends were laughing at me but I couldn't stop!!! :bigcry:

OMG THAT WAS THE BEST MOVIE EVER!! I SAW IT LAST NIGHT AND HOLY SHIT IT WAS EPIC!!

I loved it so much it was so amazing!!

and I also started to cry when Dobby slowly died :bigcry::heart: R.I.P Dobby the house elf

:bigcry:

I want to see part 2 so i can see molly wipe the floor with Bellatrix :angry:

OOH YEAHH.

Part 2 will be interesting to watch, hopefully it will be better! I can't wait to see Neville slice off Nagini's head! :awesome:

And Snape's memory, plus Nagini in the enchanted cage. YEAH more Snape in part 2 <3 <3

But I'm sure I will cry too.