✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

THE **I LOVE HARRY POTTER** THREAD

badlydrawngirl

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Visited a HP Marathon in a cinema in Amsterdam last Tuesday/Wednesday. We started at 00.30 am with The Philosopher's Stone and went on till Wednesday 00.30 am with the première of The Deathly Hallows 2. It was really exciting to see al those movies again in the theatre. It sometimes really felt as if my childhood was flashing by.

In total we saw the 8 films in almost 26 hours. I must say I was really impressed by part 2. The effects were stunning and I was really happy by the way they managed to put the main events of the novel on to the screen.

I managed to stay awake almost the whole time the marathon lasted and it was a great way to finish 10 years of Harry Potter madness. I must confess I will miss it.

ive seen clips of some major scenes and my favorite thus far has been the pensieve scene

The pensieve scene is where I cried. It was a really beautiful and emotional scene.

I could be me, but I thought the pensieve looked differently in this movie tho.

I loved the movie. Quite a few changes to the story but that kept it interesting.

It was a dark movie, but there were a lot of funny little scenes in it.

Sometimes just looking at Rons facial expressions makes me laugh.

^^I know, right? I want to go back just to hear what Rupert says again! :) The pensieve has been in that form since the beginning, only since Half-Blood Prince, it has been shown alone or with a raised platform (instead of within its cabinet)...That's why it looks different :P I'm so glad my favorite quote was in there. :) Oh, and I always cry during the forest seen. :P

I saw it last night and loved it! I cried when I saw Fred and when Ron was crying over him. And when Lupin, Sirius, James and Lilly showed up in the Forrest! There have been changes but I like it. I miss two lines the one when Neville says: "Ill join you before hell freezes over!" And the one in 19 years later when everyone is watching Harry and Ron says: "Thats cause Im famous!" And miss Ron's "bloody hell".

But all in all it was good! I'm really glad I saw it. And even though its sad it ended I think it was the perfect end and if she ever does another book on the same subject it will never be the same.

Oh right and Luna and Neville??? :o

Just got back from the cinema, and I thought it really was one of the best HP movies by far.

I have to be honest and say that I cried at some parts, but it's good they had a bit of humor in it too, especially the bit where Voldermort laughs this really weird laugh "HEH HEH" :laugh3:

Quite happy with the overall film even though there were parts different from the book, but oh well, I'm still happy :)

But now I'm sad, because it's all over :cry:

Went to the midnight premiere, dressed up as a dementor. My whole family went, actually...we had Hermione, three dementors, Hagrid, Moaning Myrtle, and Rita Skeeter; it was pretty great. :cool:

Anyway, I thought the movie was pretty much a perfect ending to a legendary series. I think it's probably my favorite movie so far, they obviously put a lot of effort into it. I even shed a tear during the pensieve scene, and I NEVER cry. :cry: It was tragic, emotional, visually stunning, funny, sweet, and just really well done. They did change a few parts, but looking back, I don't think I would have altered it. Except perhaps Bellatrix's death. I don't think it was awesome enough, she's my second favorite character and I think they underplayed it. :laugh3: All in all though, I can't think of a better way to wrap it all up than this. Part of my childhood died as the music reached a climax in the epilogue and the train rolled off into the distance, reminding us that the magical world Rowling created will live on in our hearts...

Oh, the drama. I'm so depressed now. :cry::cry::cry:

The scene that killed me was the grey lady. I flipped. I just imagined myself as harry, and I couldnt do it. Talking to that ghost while it flies around, and then she got angry and flew/ yelled in his face...I would have been on the floor crying in fear....

but otherthan that the movie was absolutely perfect. It was true to the book, without relying on it as a crutch. It was Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, but it wasnt too far from the books, or too reliant on it.

It was a beautiful ending to what has been 90% of my childhood.

I've just seen the movie! It's so amazing! It wasn't until now that I realised that it is over, the story that filled me with happiness when I was a kid is now over. Harry Potter will be one of my happiest memories of my childhood, for sure!