✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Dave Matthews Band...

Yoli

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im so glad there is a DMB thread. They are a fantastic band and depending on the day, sometimes I like them better than Coldplay. My absolute favorite song is #41 on Crash. it is perfect and I have listened to it like 30 times in the past few weeks, even though it is older. I cant wait for their next studio album.

Also, Listener Supported is the best DMB live performance!!

Im so glad there is a DMB thread.

Agreed!

Also, Listener Supported is the best DMB live performance!!

Although I must disagree with you here. While I would say that Listener Supported was an amazing show, it doesn't hold a candle to the likes of Live at Red Rocks (8/15/1995). At that point in time, they were at their peak of musicmaking. They were pure and experimental during that time, and some beautiful music came from it.

I have been continually disappointed in the direction the band has taken in the past several years. The chucking of The Lillywhite Sessions was a huge let down, considering that Everyday was released in it's stead. Busted Stuff was merely a shell of the raw sound of LWS, and Stand Up is a joke in my opinion. I like a lot of the songs that have been road tested over the past several tours including Shotgun, Eh Hee, and #27 but who knows what will happen in studio.

I'll be going to Alpine Valley for the 6th year this August. It's my home venue and I have a large group of friends that get together there yearly. I have traveled to Red Rocks and The Gorge to see them in past years, but it's time to start scaling back.

• 2 months later...
No way there isn't already a DMB thread!:stunned:

Anyway they are my second favorite band after CP, my fav songs are #41 and Where Are You Going.

Viva Dave Matthews!:D

There wasn't just 1 DMB thread, there were 8 other threads ;)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Dave Matthews saxophonist is dead

_44941026_leroi_moore282b_getty.jpg

LeRoi Moore was a founding member of the Dave Matthews Band

Saxophonist LeRoi Moore, a member of the Dave Matthews Band, has died, his publicist has said.

Moore, a founding member of the band, died after suffering complications from injuries sustained in a vehicle accident in June on his Virginia farm.

Publicist Ambrosia Healy said he died on Tuesday at Hollywood Presbyterian Medical Center, in Los Angeles.

The 46-year-old had recently returned to his LA home to begin rehabilitation but was forced to return to hospital.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7571544.stm

Rest in Peace LeRoi Moore

In this Monday, May 9, 2005 file photo, LeRoi Moore of the Dave Matthews Band performs with the band at New York's Roseland Ballroom. Moore is recovering from an ATV accident on his Virginia farm. According to the band's Web site, Moore was taken to the University of Virginia Health System for treatment after the Monday, June 30, 2008 wreck in Charlottesville. A publicist for the Dave Matthews Band said on Tuesday Aug. 19, 2008 that sax player LeRoi Moore died Tuesday, of injuries suffered in the June accident, at Hollywood Presbyterian Medical Center in Los Angeles. Moore was 46.

Thought and opinions?

already expressed thoughts on that but in relationship to this thread DMB is terrible. all their songs are basically exactly the same thing over and over. a simple beat with Daves whiny ass voice trying to sing. why do you like them? generally most of their fans are stubborn and think they are the greatest band ever without listening to the music. they just get high at the concerts, everything sounds good when your stoned.

plus their only decent songs are covers, which most idiotic fans think are originals. DMB just adds a useless 10 min. to each song.

already expressed thoughts on that but in relationship to this thread DMB is terrible. all their songs are basically exactly the same thing over and over. a simple beat with Daves whiny ass voice trying to sing. why do you like them? generally most of their fans are stubborn and think they are the greatest band ever without listening to the music. they just get high at the concerts, everything sounds good when your stoned.

plus their only decent songs are covers, which most idiotic fans think are originals. DMB just adds a useless 10 min. to each song.

Why must you come here with this?

It's hard enough trying to deal with Leroi's passing without you buzzing around telling us to hate this band. So much could and has been said about why fans shouldn't enjoy Coldplay, but you're still a fan aren't you?

Why can't you just accept that everyone is not exactly like you? Not everyone has the exact same musical tastes. And just because you don't like a particular band, that doesn't give you the right to tell their fans every reason why you hate the music, especially only hours after one of the band's members tragically dies.

Thanks a lot jerk. You are really making it that much harder to deal with this bad news.:thinking:

• 5 weeks later...

I've been inspired to play DMB music today (I haven't listened to them in a couple of years), and I'm really enjoying them. My favorite albums right now are The Lillywhite Sessions and Under The Table and Dreaming.

I haven't followed them since 2002, so I don't have Busted Stuff or the 2005 album yet.

• 3 weeks later...

I saw them live last night, and I have to say they totally blew me away. They seemed so happy when they were playing, I think it reflected on the audience. Dave was charismatic as always, Boyd, Steffan, Jeff and Tim were amazing and a special mention to Carter who ROCKED! He even stayed for a few minutes after the show and started throwing drumsticks to the audience. It was all I'd expected and more.

Long live DMB!!

• 6 months later...

New Dave Matthews Band Album - New Single released

Anyone excited about DMB's Big Whiskey and the GrooGrux King? (GrooGrux was a nickname for the music made by former saxophonist LeRoi Moore [1961-2008])

BigWhiskeyGroogruxKing.jpg

Anyone heard the new single "Funny The Way It Is"?

Seems to be a great song, also seems to be lacking some saxophone. :\

• 3 weeks later...

New Dave Album - any good?

Has anybody heard the new Dave Mathews album? I've heard a single, and I think I need to hear more before I commit to buying or going to a show or something...

If it's been leaked or something let me know!

DMB tour and album thread

I haven't heard any of the new album yet, but I definitely want to check out a show when they start... I'm in NYC and I'm almost sure they should come through here. Do you guys know the dates for the upcoming Dave Matthews tour?