✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Coolest Music Your Parents Listen To

Reilly

This is inspired by what Blissfully Muse wrote in another topic about how her mom put on Muse's Time is Running Out like 3 million times.

Well, most of you probably have parents who listen to shitty music. Its what they do, at childbirth they throw out any decent CD's from the 60s to the 80s. And thats the end of that...

UNTIL they finally show they can like decent music by picking up on something decent.

As for mine, apart from my dad digging Johnny Cash (Which is kinda expected, Cash still rules over everything though) my mom walked in the other day while Freebird by Lynyrd Skynyrd was playing, and she said "Wow I used to love this song". :o

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my dad listen-->led zeppelin, vangelis, pink floyd, beatles, mike oldfield, rolling stones, blondie.... and also coldplay, but I introduce coldplay to him. :) .. so my dad use to put on the radio good music, even when i was a baby i used to listen cool english and spanish music-->toto, pink floyd, beatles, led zeppelin, triana, carlos santana, celtas cortos, los brincos...

my mum likes spanish music, some ones of them i agree (miguel bosé, los pecos, nino bravo..) and others not too much.. :/

My parents arent really into music, strangely enough.

I grew up in Poland so I don't remember any of the music that they listen to. They say they like Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Doors, those kind of bands. But they dont own any records or anything from them. My mom has mentioned to liking Coldplay, because well..it is harmless music, most people can understand Coldplay's music. But I doubt that she would like most of the music that I listen to now.

Having said that, I wasnt very influenced by the kind of music that they listen to.

Both my parents like Radiohead and The Beatles, so I'm happy.

My dad has pretty good taste in music anyway, probably because like me he is a musician. He listens to jazz most of the time, but also rock and sometimes classical.

My mum has quite a broad music taste. She'll quite happily watch MTV2, but she also listens to some pop music as well. Her favourite band of all time is Led Zeppelin, and that's always good.

with me my mom likes:

the beatles

kings of conveniece

poets of the fall

modest mouse

humane

muse

the velvet underground

zen café

and such

bands that i like, she doesn't like:

foo fighters.. she hates them. sad.

and then my memory got bad. anyway, she totally doesn't like all the music i listen to but lots of it. which is cool.

blah.

both of my parents have pretty good taste in music! My mam was a hippy so she loves bands like the small faces and the kinks and my dad is a big beatles and stevie wonder fan :) My family is full of musicians so the taste is always good :)

But they were both major influences on my music preferences :)

i really love my mam and dad's music taste. My dad loves the Bealtes, and that is what i listnened too while growing up, he also likes, Eric Clapton, Tot, E.L.O Manic Street Preachers, Dave Grohl, Coldplay, . My mam likes Leonard Cohan and David Grey, plus, Jeff Buckey, Interpol. The Killers, Coldplay, RADIOHEAD...and loads of other bands i like. I think it's important to a musician, what music you're brought up on. I think listening to good music from an easrly age, sets a good standard!

I think it's important to a musician' date=' what music you're brought up on. I think listening to good music from an easrly age, sets a good standard![/quote']

Agreed. I practically worshipped The Beatles when I was a kid thanks to my dad.

I remember I used to just sit in the corner of the room listening to my dad's Sgt. Pepper's vinyl through headphones for hours on end.

This is inspired by what Blissfully Muse wrote in another topic about how her mom put on Muse's Time is Running Out like 3 million times.

Waaaaay hehe *go my mum* :P

Yeah well mums been with me to see muse twice and she loves them, she also likes coldplay, abba (:stunned:),Kylie Minouge( :stunned: ), The Stranglers and she likes Gwen Stafani :P