✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Coolest Music Your Parents Listen To

Reilly

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My father:

Led Zeppelin, Jimi Hendrix, The Doors, T-Rex, Yardbirds, The Who, Rolling Stones, The Beatles, Deep Purple, Pink Floyd...

My mother:

R.E.M., Patti Smith, The Pretenders, Moby, Suede, The Cranberries, Coldplay, Travis, No Doubt...

Great mix :cool: hehe :P

• 1 year later...
Oh my God I love the Kinks and Small Faces.

My dad has a somewhat crappy taste in music, so it shocked me to bits when he started singing The Scientist one day in his sleep... He was singing the howling bit at the end. Scary.

whoa there! :stunned: that part creeped me out...but this thread is a treasure

I dunno the specifics of my step-pa...but he only likes old old old school spanish stuff (like Spanish artists). And he likes a guy names Leo Dan :uhoh: I hope no one but me knows who he is.

my mom likes anything with an upbeat tune like I hear her singing along to cd's i leave in the car...>>>"Caaaan anybodyyy find me somebody tooo love?" (Queen)

also Modest Mouse which I might even say she listens to more than I do Coldplay of course...name a mom who doesn't

.... or something mellow like Fiona Apple ... "I thought he was a man but he was just a little boy" << is her favorite line cuz she hums the song and sings those lines...

She is mexican and mostly speaks spanish..but doesn't like anything but old spanish Shakira stuff from way back when...which is acceptable to me cuz that is the ONLY stuff worth listening to.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=KOeaxkMbGO8&search=Shakira%20-%20ciega%20sordomuda

:uhoh: ^^^wow she was way cooler back then with the red dreads

wow

i ramble like a mofo

^^ Lol I know who leo dan is!! haha My mom used to love him.

I'm mexican so my mom loves mostly music in spanish. She does love Depeche Mode though, mostly the old 80's stuff. She likes some of the bands I like but only because I make her listen to them:P . My dad mostly likes spanish artists.

I got my taste in music form my uncle when he used to babysit me, he used to make me listen to Pink Floyd, Guns and Roses, some other cool bands that I can't remember at the moment, hehe, and one of my fave bands..U2!

my parents aren't cool at all they dont even listen to cool music..........only my dad listens to coldplay....he says they are cool.....but otherwise he never listens to cool music at all!!!! my mum totally hate coldplay she says that they are rubbish

My dad was and maybe still is a huge fan of Queen and that's the reason me and my sis were growing up listening to their music. What about my mom, she's always been quoting Ekaterina ll : "Music is just a noice" :wacky:

my mum and dad have the best taste....well its cool to me anyway :laugh4: they were into their rock back in the day :lol:

my mum loves basically anything i love...listens to all the stuff me and my brother listen to at present time.my dad not so involved but appreciates my taste somewhat

they listened to stuff like deep purple,pink floyd,yes,erm...my dad liked alot of soul stuff as well sometimes,erm but my mum has always had a long time likeness for cliff richard seeing him in concert year after year :laugh4:

Oh' date=' my dad also loves when I put Jason Mraz on. He looooves Absolutely Zero. haha[/quote']

Wow ! lol my mum likes it too.

My parents listen to Neil Young (they got all the albums, with Crosby Still and Nash too), Eric Clapton, Leonard Cohen (my mum) Brel... A bit of Beatles but i do more than them :/

My mum hates Coldplay and says it's music for lifts... Grrr. That's a shame!

I dunno the specifics of my step-pa...but he only likes old old old school spanish stuff (like Spanish artists). And he likes a guy names Leo Dan :uhoh: I hope no one but me knows who he is.

LOL my parents love him! and some guy name Charlie something

whenever they put Leo on i can't stop singing along

"Ayyyy amor divino"

they make up for it admirably with Led Zep, Bach, Pink Floyd, BBQ, Cat Stevens, Santana, Juan Luis Guerra and Nueva Trova/Cancion music.