🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

The Beatles

lucyinthesky

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the best song is Strawberry Fields Forever.

have u seen the movie Across The Universe ??

its a musical in which are ONLY Beatleas songs. its really good

across the universe is my favorite movie of all time:wacky:

i have the movie poster above my bed:lol:

Quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally Posted by Tata;3321333

the best song is Strawberry Fields Forever.

have u seen the movie Across The Universe ??

its a musical in which are ONLY Beatleas songs. its really good

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I saw the movie Across the Universe a few months ago and found it very good.

I love the Beatles and their songs so the fact that the music was exclusively Beatles songs only made it better. :)

Guest howyousawtheworld

Beatles Song Rights

I know he died but don't you think it was a bit cheap of Michael Jackson not to leave McCartney the rights to The Beatles songs he owned? It's a real shame that they're not in the proper almost rightful hands of McCartney.

I know he died but don't you think it was a bit cheap of Michael Jackson not to leave McCartney the rights to The Beatles songs he owned? It's a real shame that they're not in the proper almost rightful hands of McCartney.

First off, I don't think the songs are rightfully Paul McCartney's. He was in a song writing partnership with John Lennon, and if there were any rights to be left behind, they should also go to the estate of John Lennon.

Second, my understanding is that Paul McCartney had the opportunity to buy the songs but was outbid by Michael Jackson. The story is very complex, but I have been led to believe that Paul could not convince Yoko to go into a partnership to purchase the catalogue. What can you do about being outbid?

Finally, this is just for the publishing rights. Paul still gets a nice, fat check for his song writing royalties.

Guest howyousawtheworld

The Best Of The Beatles Solo?

Can you create a playlist of the best of the Beatles solo work and turn them into a 12 song playlist? 3 songs for each member? Try your best to find some Ringo tunes... only joking!

3 songs each memeber... gonna be really tough

1. #9 Dream

2. Old Dirt Road

3. Instant Karma!

4. Uncle Albert/Admiral Halsey

5. Call Me Back Again

6. Monkberry Moon Delight

7. When We Was Fab

8. Beware of Darkness

9. If Not For You

10. Photograph

11. I'm the Greatest

12. Vertical Man

For those that are not too familiar with their solo work:

Tracks 1-3 (John), Tracks 4-6 (Paul), Tracks 7-9 (George), Tracks 10-12 (Ringo)

To be quite honest this was extremely difficult to do. I really love all of their solo work (especially mccartney and lennon). It'd be a lot easier to make a 12 track album of all the songs I like by each beatle solo and then make it like a quadruple album. perhaps i'll do that later.

Guest howyousawtheworld
3 songs each memeber... gonna be really tough

1. #9 Dream

2. Old Dirt Road

3. Instant Karma!

4. Uncle Albert/Admiral Halsey

5. Call Me Back Again

6. Monkberry Moon Delight

7. When We Was Fab

8. Beware of Darkness

9. If Not For You

10. Photograph

11. I'm the Greatest

12. Vertical Man

For those that are not too familiar with their solo work:

Tracks 1-3 (John), Tracks 4-6 (Paul), Tracks 7-9 (George), Tracks 10-12 (Ringo)

To be quite honest this was extremely difficult to do. I really love all of their solo work (especially mccartney and lennon). It'd be a lot easier to make a 12 track album of all the songs I like by each beatle solo and then make it like a quadruple album. perhaps i'll do that later.

I like how you've left out more obvious songs like My Sweet Lord, Imagine etc. Show's the depth.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest howyousawtheworld

3 Weeks To Go

until the digitally remastered Beatles contents is realesed worldwide! Fantastic. Can't wait because the 80s releases sounded shit.

i've picked the perfect time to become obsessed with the beatles. i've spent the last month or so listening to their albums very very intently and loving every second. i've only listened to the first 5 albums multiple times and the rest once over but i'm sure i'll have the rest covered by the time these remasters come out. if Revolver sounds insanely awesome right now i cant even begin to imagine what they will sound like re-remastered. but maybe their rawness made some wonderful i guess we'll find out.

beatles fans should check out Ultimate Bootleg Experience website. they have shitloads of beatles outtakes demos b-sides live recordings etc etc.