🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

The Beatles

lucyinthesky

Guest howyousawtheworld

The 80s versions are not good and the new remasters are a breath of fresh air compared to them, but you'll be hard pressed to find original vinyls but if you do see one hanging around just get it!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

does anybody else think that Sir Paul will headline one of the nights at glasto 2010? i really hope he heads down to aus next year, i want to be able to say that i at least saw one of the beatles live on stage.

i've familiarised myself with 8 of their albums so far and at this point funnily enough, George is easily my favourite member. i just love every single song he wrote for them.

Aw, I love George. His songs are all so great and really different... from "Within You Without You" to "Here Comes the Sun"... :heart: Plus, I love his sense of humor.

Should I get Original albums or the Remasters.???

Remasters. I've got the originals (only on CD, not vinyl) and they're OK, but the remasters are def superior.

watched the entire anthology documentary last week on you-tube :stunned:

It's awesome, isn't it??

Hey, it's John's birthday today :daisy:

Happy Birthday, John :heart:

does anybody else think that Sir Paul will headline one of the nights at glasto 2010? i really hope he heads down to aus next year, i want to be able to say that i at least saw one of the beatles live on stage.

Since he only toured the US this year, but hadn't been to the rest of the world with his new album, I hope that he'll play some shows next year. I think it's possible...

Guest howyousawtheworld

Sir Paul at Glastonbury - could very much happen I feel since it's the big anniversary of the festival so they'll want THE biggest name available. I also think the Eavis's might choose a personal fave and success story they helped to create in 2002 like this band called Coldplay.

at this stage this is how i rank the beatles album. this is only after a few months of listening to them.

1. Revolver

This is in my opinion is their best "rock" album, being a rock music fan its only natural i enjoy this the most.

2. The White Album

Would be no.1 had it not been for revolution 909. and it does feel 4 or 5 tracks to long. but then again cant think of many albums that have more than 20 amazing songs.

3. Abbey Road

The most amazing thing about this album is that even after producing so many incredible records they still had this in them.

4. Help!

An odd choice i know but this seemed like a coming of age for the band especially John, their first 4 records are very american 50s rock saturated but to me this feels like the start of their brilliance.

5.Sgt Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band

No.5 might seem like an insult but the truth is, if any other band had made this album it would most probably be at number 1 or 2. A Day In The Life would get my vote for greatest ever closing track.

6. A Hard Day's Night

This was the record that surprised me the most. It had me completely hooked for weeks. i hate over listening to an album, but i just couldnt stop when i first discovered this album. Painfully pop but never boring.

7. Let It Be

gets far too much criticism. with songs like the title track and long and winding road and across the universe this is pretty damn awesome.

8. Rubber Soul

not too sure what to say about this one. i might need to listen to it a few more times but Michelle is a really nice song.

i might store this list away then do it again this time next year. im pretty certain it will be very different.

• 2 weeks later...

So, Macca will play a few shows in Europe in December: :)

The Good Evening Europe Tour 2009:

2nd December - Hamburg, Color Line Arena

3rd December - Berlin, O2 World

9th December - Arnhem, Gelredome

10th December - Paris, Bercy

16th December - Cologne, Koln Arena

20th December - Dublin, The O2

22nd December - London,The O2 Arena

[http://www.paulmccartney.com/news.php#/1752/2009-10]

Anybody here who already buyed tickets?

• 3 weeks later...

Bumping for some Beatles news...

This site, PopMatters, is running essays and discussions inspired by and based on the work of The Beatles...

http://www.popmatters.com/pm/special/section/re-meet-the-beatles/

Also, the History Channel will air a special called The Beatles on the Record, which is narrated entirely by the band and by Sir George Martin... Will air Nov. 25th

http://www.americansongwriter.com/2009/11/history-channel-to-air-beatles-special/

This stuff looks cool... check it out!

^^

i want them to do it the way i did it. chronological order. she's listening to please please me this week then we'll skip beatles for sale and with the beatles but keep a hard day's night. if, somehow she doesnt like any of it. i'll throw in my trump card, Abbey Road :)

noice! that's the same way i got into them. I loved their early stuff, and then loved their latter stuff even more. I think if I started at their older/latter stuff I would'n't appreciate the early songs as much