✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Doctor Who ???......

interpol

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will dig it up, I seen something months ago on Digital spy. I think Moffart was going on about it.

The new Doctor I think as a clue is the same age as the 1st doctor 50 years ago when he started the role.

I will dig it up, I seen something months ago on Digital spy. I think Moffart was going on about it.

The new Doctor I think as a clue is the same age as the 1st doctor 50 years ago when he started the role.

it's the first i've heard about it, i'm not sure how i would feel about if it were true.

I don't know much about Peter Capaldi (other than he was Sid's dad in Skins) so I'll be interested to see if he's any good.

I like the idea of an older Doctor, but apparently a lot of fangirls aren't too happy about it :rolleyes:

Doctor Who unveiling attracts 6.2 million viewers

_69112021_69112020.jpg

Peter Capaldi was revealed as the new Doctor on a special programme hosted by Zoe Ball

Doctor Who unveiling attracts 6.2 million viewers

An average of 6.2 million viewers tuned in to BBC One on Sunday to see Scots actor Peter Capaldi unveiled as the 12th Doctor.

The half-hour programme, hosted by Zoe Ball, was up against ITV game show Tipping Point and the swimming world championships on BBC Two. The audience peaked at 6.9 million and a enjoyed a 30% share of all viewers.

However the format, the first time the Doctor has been announced with such fanfare, left some critics unimpressed. Writing in the Daily Mail Jim Shelley called it "truly excruciating".

"Presenter Zoe Ball demonstrated why we never see her on mainstream TV anymore, giving a display of such gushing inanity she made Claudia Winkleman look like Sylvia Plath, even introducing 'our very special guest - the Tardis'. I think she was just excited to be on Saturday (sic) telly as peak time again."

The show was "less a casting announcement than a global product launch," said The Telegraph's Robert Colvile, "an exercise in brand-management equivalent to the unveiling of the latest iPhone". The Independent referred to the "25 excruciating minutes of teasing involving a Doctor Who nostalgia fest presented by Zoe Ball, that played out like a segment of Live & Kicking".

The show was a mix of live guests including former Doctor Peter Davison and actor Bernard Cribbins and filmed segments. In its live blog, The Guardian questioned the quality of guests: "Zoe is talking to Peter Davison (who was the Doctor once), the little boy from Outnumbered (because he went to visit a doctor once) and Liza Tarbuck (because her name has the letter C in it, and so does the word 'doctor')."

Doctor Who Live: The Next Doctor, which was simulcast on BBC America, was the brainchild of Charlotte Moore, the newly appointed controller of BBC One.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-23572564

Guest howyousawtheworld

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Blf073f2Lc]Malcolm Tucker IS Dr Who! - YouTube[/ame]

I don't know much about Peter Capaldi (other than he was Sid's dad in Skins) so I'll be interested to see if he's any good.

I like the idea of an older Doctor, but apparently a lot of fangirls aren't too happy about it :rolleyes:

Sid's dad? :laugh3:

I like Peter Capaldi's play in The Hour. :cool:

More Doctor Who Theories.. covering 50th Special , XMAS specail and next season

More about the reboot of Doctor Who.. My tie in with clara being the doctors daughter..

In the film I reckon for some unkown reason John Hurts Doctor will reset time….

The Doctor and clara will be only ones that survive…

During the XMAS specail Matt Smits Doctor will have his final battle knowing when he dies everything is reset.

Clara will have a kid at some point and this will be the Doctors Grandaughter..

A new path a new 1st Doctor mark II is made.

• 2 weeks later...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmWPKg5_CIg]"I am the Doctor" - Doctor Who Prom - BBC Proms 2013 - Radio 3 - YouTube[/ame]

I hope you guys somehow can find the full Doctor Who Proms 2013 that was on the BBC over the weekend.. was in the UK and got to see this ..even though I listend to it already , its tremendous.

Ivé been trying for ages to show Doctor Who as a part of British Culture...