✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

U2

Guest howyousawtheworld

Billy Joe Armstrong? What in gods name has he done to be in first place? And what the fuck is that emo **** doing in 2nd place? People actually like My Chemical Romance?!

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT!!!

Italian Shows for 201030 November 2009

The Turin show will take place at the Stadio Olimpico on August 6th and the Rome show will be at the Olympic Stadium on October 8th. Tickets go on public sale this Friday, December 4th but a presale for U2.com subscribers opens tomorrow, Wednesday.

We'll be emailing our subscribers with presale details. Click here for dates and onsales of 2010 shows. (On this tour grid you'll also see which presale groups go on sale on which day.)

Anyone joining U2.com as a subscriber this week, can enter the presale on Wednesday. When you subscribe you also qualify to be sent the limited edition U2 Remix album as soon as it comes off the press. Here's the lowdown.

http://www.u2.com/news/title/italian-shows-for-2010

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE:dance::dance:

Guest howyousawtheworld

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QG9wJu1Fm2A]YouTube- Can't Help Falling in Love - U2[/ame]

Absolutely LOVE that rendition of the song. Sung with such passion and very touching. Better than any other version of the song including Elvis's!

Guest howyousawtheworld
That's gorgeous! :wacky:

Yeah, if you don't have it already by the whole concert Zoo TV Live From Sydney on DVD. It is a quite simply stunning live show that gave me shivers down my spine most times! It's really amazing so you HAVE to buy it! :D

Guest howyousawtheworld
:stunned: I really do!! :freak:

Thanks for letting me know, by the way. :D

Sometimes people overreact when they say 'YOU HAVE TO BUY THIS!!' but definitely not on this occasion. Amazingly before I bought the DVD I wasn't the biggest fan of Achtung Baby but the dvd converted me into thinking it was their best album by far! It's kinda sad really but I'm gagging to put the DVD on the instance I get back from university in a couple of weeks just to watch it rather than watching Youtube videos of it! I guess it's allowed considering I've been away from home for 3 months now! :laugh3:

Sometimes people overreact when they say 'YOU HAVE TO BUY THIS!!' but definitely not on this occasion. Amazingly before I bought the DVD I wasn't the biggest fan of Achtung Baby but the dvd converted me into thinking it was their best album by far! It's kinda sad really but I'm gagging to put the DVD on the instance I get back from university in a couple of weeks just to watch it rather than watching Youtube videos of it! I guess it's allowed considering I've been away from home for 3 months now! :laugh3:

:lol:, Don't worry, I believe you.

There's no overreacting when it comes to U2. In my mind, at least. :wacko::D

YouTube- Can't Help Falling in Love - U2[/url]

Absolutely LOVE that rendition of the song. Sung with such passion and very touching. Better than any other version of the song including Elvis's!

heard it before a while back, but hearing it again....*sigh* :wacky:

a truly brilliant cover! :D

Guest howyousawtheworld
In a way I hope they don't road test new stuff unless it has a proper release. Judging from the 360 tour thus far the new songs didn't get the greatest response.

It's strange because I feel part of that is down to the reason that their new songs probably don't fit into that massive spaceship stage of theirs. That stage comes into it's own for songs like Unforgettable Fire and other greatest hits though. Don't get me wrong the new album is wonderful, but people probably expected more epicness to flow from their songs, which not many do.

Guest howyousawtheworld
If they try to do too many new songs, they won't get a good response. Any band wouldn't get a good response that way.

Particularly with U2 whose back catalogue has probably more famous songs than most of all the biggest bands in the world today put together. Plus these new songs are difficult to do live, unlike say with Coldplay's Viva La Vida album where they played almost all the songs on that album in one gig, because those songs transmitted brilliantly live.

Results of readers poll in Rolling Stones. U2 and Coldplay represented

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/sto...d_readers_poll

The Rolling stone readers have chosen their FAVOURITE SINGLES of the DECADE: No. 12 is VIVA LA VIDA by Coldplay and no. 3 is BEAUTIFUL DAY by U2

The Rolling stone readers have chosen their FAVOURITE ALBUMS of the DECADE and have Coldplay's VIVA LA VIDA or DEATH And ALL HIS FRIENDS as no. 18. U2 is represented on position 15 with No Lines on the Horizon and position 6 with All That You Can't Leave Behind.

The Rolling stone readers have chosen their TOP ARTISTS of the DECADE:

No 4 is Coldplay, whereas U2 is no. 3. No. 2 is Radiohead, and GREEN DAY tops all three categories.

Particularly with U2 whose back catalogue has probably more famous songs than most of all the biggest bands in the world today put together. Plus these new songs are difficult to do live, unlike say with Coldplay's Viva La Vida album where they played almost all the songs on that album in one gig, because those songs transmitted brilliantly live.

Very true.